Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-17, 09:35 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like the ICE series a lot, in fact I need to bust it out more. As others have said, I like all the workouts in the series. Someone mentioned that the lower body one is not very challenging. I would agree with that but I still like it and that's mainly why. It doesn't hold a dread factor for me at all and I get a good lower body workout with it.

I like To the Mat too, but I admit I don't do it all at once. When I do pull it out I just do one of the segments as an add on or a short workout.

Overall, I recommend ICE. I tried a few from LIS and too advanced for me. ICE is a better choice and fit for me by miles.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-17, 05:08 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I have both and like ICE much better due to the flexibility. It is much easier to do intermediate and progress if you want. (Blizzard blasts) I also just thought ICE was more fun. I think you can make ICE as advanced as LIS by adding or subbing in Blizzard Blasts. ICE is my favorite Cathe set.
Old 06-30-17, 08:39 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I prefer ICE mostly because it seems to be more varied than the LIS series. The LIS seems a bit repetitive, and I don't feel that way with ICE. ICE is my most used Cathe series, and I feel like my fitness/cardio output is better since I started using it last year.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-17, 10:38 AM  
Pascal

I agree with previous posters; ICE is not as intense as the low impact series, but it's more fun and more flexible. If you use the premixes that include the blizzard blasts, it is pretty intense. And you can always use heavier weights and raise your step height if it gets too easy. The music is better in ICE, too. I really hope Cathe does a second ICE series. With the bonus muscle meltdown segments, you get so much bang for your buck in that series. I didn't think there was a loser in the bunch. For me, Rock'm Sock'm is more fun than Rockout Knockout and Hardstrikes, and I just love ICE Bootcamp and Metabolic Conditioning. I love Low Impact Sweat, too. Especially the premix combining the step section from the regular workout and the blizzard blast section (which is all step as well). And To The Mat is much harder than I thought it would be.

As for the Low Impact series, I think it's full of winners. AfterBurn, Cardio Supersets, Low Impact Challenge, Athletic Training, Slide N Glide, Turbo Barre, and Total Body Trisets are really good workouts, but the music is so bad, I just don't reach for that set very often. The ones I use the most from that set are Cycle Max and the two yoga workouts. I really like the choreography from Low Impact Challenge, I just can't stand the music. AfterBurn is tough and I have lower body DOMS the next day.
Old 06-30-17, 12:29 PM  
bubbles76

I didn't think that the music was that bad in LIS, but I'm probably the only one . I was very disappointed that there was no "view" in the windows though. It made the set quite dreary. LIS is great though. Tough! ICE was kind of hard for me to get into, due to the lighting. Made everyone look almost orange. I don't normally notice that kind of thing, but it was very obvious. However, it's a very good set as well. For me, it's like a cousin to Xtrain, and I loved Xtrain!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-17, 12:57 PM  
cindyw75

I've been incorporating workouts from both series, and I have to say I love them both equally. For me they are equally intense, but I think ICE might be more fun. I LOVE the kickbox video and the Total Metabolic Training video...time flies when doing these. From LIS I really like Slide & Glide and Cardio Supersets.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, ice, low impact series, low intensity, to the mat