Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-17, 02:24 PM  
rcmims

Cathe's Ice series vs Low Intensity series

If anyone has both these series,is the ice series less intense than the low intensity series. Which series do you like better.
Anyone with any info would be great.
Thank you!
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 02:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmims View Post
If anyone has both these series,is the ice series less intense than the low intensity series. Which series do you like better.
Thank you!
rcmims
I think ICE is less intense, at least it was for me. I love the ICE series, very versatile and lots of permixes.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 02:34 PM  
rcmims

Thank you! Carol
Do you like all workouts in the ice series?
Old 06-29-17, 02:47 PM  
desderata

Not Carol, but I agree that ICE seemed less intense than LIS; however, I have only done the main workouts - adding the blizzard blasts would probably up the intensity quite a bit.

I love Metabolic Total Body and Low Impact Sweat. I like the kickbox, bootcamp and Chiseled upper body workouts. To the Mat and Chiseled Lower Body weren't very challenging and I never use them.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 02:54 PM  
rcmims

Thanks, Have you seen good results from the ice series?
rcmims
Old 06-29-17, 03:25 PM  
TinaS

I also think ICE is less intense than the Low Impact Series. If you add in the Blizzard Blasts, I think they are pretty much on the same level. I definitely like the ICE series better. ICE and Xtrain are my favorite series by Cathe. It's a very flexible program with a lot of premix options.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 04:15 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmims View Post
Thank you!
rcmims
Just to clarify, it's the Low Impact Series, for those who are not as familiar with Cathe's workouts...they would be a bit confused.

ICE is much easier than LIS. The goal of LIS was to give advanced but low-impact exercise options. ICE is targeted at intermediate exercises. I like both series, but I think they are geared at different audiences or have different goals in mind. Both are effective, probably, depending on your current fitness level. I think most intermediate exercisers find Cathe's typical workouts too difficult to comfortably and regularly do.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 04:33 PM  
Aunt Famous

I have the ICE series, and most of the LIS. I greatly prefer the ICE series. Yes, it is less intense, but it does not hurt my joints the way the LIS does. For me at least, "low impact" did not turn out to be synonymous with no knee, wrist, and ankle pain. ICE, like all Cathe DVDs, has some pretty awesome premixes, which I use a lot.

I like almost all of the DVDs in the ICE series. The ones I use the most are Total Body Metabolic, the kickboxing/boxing one, and Chiseled Upper Body. If you have to pay extra for To the Mat -- don't. You can get much better floor workouts for the same price or far less.

Hope this helps.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 05:01 PM  
ncl

I have both of them and they are my favorite 2 series by Cathe.

After a long and complicated injury, I started getting back in shape with ICE. I like all the ICE workouts. I did a months rotation (almost unheard of for me to finish a rotation), the level 1 ICE rotation and it has helped me move my fitness back along. Now I am doing the ICE series plus all the blizzard blasts. These definitely take things up a notch and that is just what I want at this point. I love those blizzard blasts and all the bonuses in this series.

Before my injury, i got great results with the LIS. I agree that they are a bit more intense for the most part. I didn't really use the yoga DVDs and prefer other yoga to Cathe's (sorry, Cathe!) and the low impact challenge DVD was never a favorite, but other than that really like them all. I think I did these so much, I might have gotten tired of them though. They were just the thing for me at the time though and I remember losing weight and getting lots of compliments! I will probably work up to do doing these again with my current ICE rotation. Afterburn is probably my favorite workout in this series followed by Cardio Supersets and Slide n glide. Afterburn is also probably the most difficult in this series.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 09:07 PM  
bfit

I agree that ICE is a little more user friendly. Also, I like ICE more. I actually do all of the workouts in ICE, but for me the yoga ones in LIS were a waste. They were too long and boring.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, ice, low impact series, low intensity, to the mat