Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-17, 08:51 PM  
michl43

Spotted Zebra, I really like it!! I received it yesterday and used it then and today too. I haven't tried the programs - thanks for the list! The instruction brochure is not very thorough and difficult to read. I'm not sure how the buttons work yet, but I just have been using the buttons on the right side, start and intensity....sometimes the timer goes on when it hits a high intensity. I guess I just have to play with it. It seems well built, thanks for enabling me! Genevieve, thanks for this thread!
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 09:05 PM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Hi Ginger, I'm not affected by either one so I can't comment from direct experience. I'm wondering if perhaps people suffering from either osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia could answer this question on a health forum regarding their personal experiences. I've also heard about people with both of these conditions saying a vibration machine has helped them, but I don't know enough about it to say more. I hope someone else who might know more will chime in. If you like I can PM you the names of two women who are more familiar with these machines, have worked with clients with different health issues, who could probably offer more specific info and answer your questions. If interested please send me a PM and I will dig up their contact info for you.

ETA: In my city there's a specialty fitness club that offers 20 minute classes on the Hypervibe machine (oscillating vibration plates) and I'm wondering if where you live there might be something similar so you could try a few sessions, perhaps one on one with a trainer, and see how it feels? By specialty I mean this is the only type of equipment they carry so it's not a regular gym.
That would be wonderful. Just sent you a PM.
Old 01-24-17, 09:14 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
Spotted Zebra, I really like it!! I received it yesterday and used it then and today too. I haven't tried the programs - thanks for the list! The instruction brochure is not very thorough and difficult to read. I'm not sure how the buttons work yet, but I just have been using the buttons on the right side, start and intensity....sometimes the timer goes on when it hits a high intensity. I guess I just have to play with it. It seems well built, thanks for enabling me! Genevieve, thanks for this thread!
I'm happy to hear it. Yes the brochure leaves something to be desired - good point - but I found the unit itself to be user friendly, along with the remote control. Other than the one day when I sat cross legged on the floor watching the speed numbers change during each of the preset programs, I've basically done what you do when using it - just change the speed manually to suit your mood. I haven't tried using any of the 5 resistance bands that come with the unit. I prefer hand weights to bands. It is fun, isn't it.

----------------

ETA: Regarding how the buttons work - once you press On/Off on the remote, as you know the default timer is 10 mins, default speed is 1. From there to make a change to speed, just press S+ and with each press it'll go up by one (or press S- to go back down manually). Same with the timer, press T+ or T- to change the time from the default 10 mins and the display on the machine will show you what level you're at.

For preset program modes:

After turning the red button on on the side of the machine (don't press On/Off on the remote yet), press:

P0-3 button on the remote control once to get program 0, twice to get program 1, one more time if you want program 2 or again for program 3 - then press the On button on the remote to start the machine moving on whichever program you've chosen. Same goes for the P4-6 button for programs 4-6, or P7-9 button for programs 7-9.

Or you can press the P button in the middle of the remote to manually go through all the pre-set programs, then press On to start the machine moving after you've chosen the program you want (as shown on the display on the machine itself).

30, 60 and 99 on the remote are there just to let you jump straight to those speeds without having to go up one by one. It boggles my mind that some reviewers on Amazon use those higher speeds. I can't.

I hope this makes sense.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 08:30 PM  
spotted zebra

If anyone is considering getting a portable vibration machine, I strongly suspect the Pinty may be the same machine as the Rock Solid. It's just a hunch from Pinty's pictures and description now that I've seen the Rock Solid in person. The remote control might be different but otherwise I'm guessing they're the same. So if you can save yourself some money, by all means consider different options while you make up your mind. Here again is the link to the Pinty that was provided upthread:

https://www.amazon.com/Pinty-Exercis...ration+machine
Old 01-28-17, 12:02 AM  
Tammie M

I bought a portable one around Christmas. I bought the Ancheer one because I wanted one that had a 330 lb weight limit. There were very little directions with mine. It sounds like it has the same programs as the other brands. I have mostly done P1 and P2. Tonight I did P4. Wow! That last minute at 50 definitely felt different. My spine felt a lot more vibration. I can't imagine going higher. I have read some testimonials but they don't seem mention what speed they use. I read about using it with a plank pose. Well I tried that a few seconds and got a big headache. My instruction manual showed a pose on all 4s with your hands on the machine. I have done this one but I make sure my knees are next to the machine, and my chest is over the machine and not my head. I can only do this one at a speed of 3 for about a minute. I will do squats or chair pose on it. Haven't found the resistance bands to be very useful.

I have read others report it helps with arthritis, osteoporosis, knee pain, and back pain. Others said it aggravated their knee or back pain. I guess the key is listen to your body and go slow.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 10:20 AM  
spotted zebra

Inspired by your post Tammie, I tried P4 this morning and 25 felt really good today. No more headaches like before. When it hit 50 I turned it off. I never thought I'd say this but 25 is my new favourite now. When I stand on the machine I make sure my knees are slightly bent. I have one sensitive knee and so far it's been fine, no soreness.

In one review online a guy said he cranks his machine up to 99 every day for the full 10 minutes. But I've been reading how more (faster) isn't necessarily better. That health benefits max out at 50 vibrations per second and any higher and your feet start to skim/ skid on the surface and benefits decline.

Here's a link to the Ancheer.

https://www.amazon.com/Ancheer-Vibra...heer+vibration
Old 01-29-17, 11:31 PM  
Tammie M

Just watched this little clip. Interesting. He recommends higher speeds for beginners than for advanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRyIwi5JtjA
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 01:50 PM  
rosepetals

I would love this model. Its made for people with osteoporosis. It has a very gentle action, not harsh like most models. https://www.juvent.com/health/catego...tories/page/2/
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 01:51 PM  
rosepetals

I would love this model. Its made for people with osteoporosis. It has a very gentle action, not harsh like most models. https://www.juvent.com/health/catego...tories/page/2/

Its micro-impact. https://www.juvent.com/health/shop/
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 12:11 PM  
spotted zebra

It's interesting to hear about new machines. Oscillating plates are good for osteoporosis too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I would love this model. Its made for people with osteoporosis.... https://www.juvent.com/health/catego...tories/page/2/

Its micro-impact. https://www.juvent.com/health/shop/

On another note I was trying to find info on hormonal response to WBV and came up with these numbers from Italian researcher Carmelo Bosco's WBV study:

Muscle power — increased by 20%
Cortisol (stress hormone) levels — decreased by 32%
Testosterone levels — increased by 7%
Growth Hormone levels — increased by 360%
Bone Metabolism - 31% improvement.

Tags
gall bladder, vibration, vibration machine