Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-17, 09:48 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 10:54 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I've been using my oscillating WBV machine everyday for the past week and I love it. I'm genuinely glad I got it. There are so many different things you can do on it. I do full 10 minute sessions twice a day at a fairly low speed, usually varying between the three lowest settings depending on what I'm doing, whether it's stretching, massage or weight training mixed with cardio. Even when I come home from work and I'm too exhausted to work out after the overtime (it's our busiest time of the year), just standing on it makes me feel more energized and oxygenated yet relaxed at the same time. It gives me my second wind.

Beanpeanut, I looked at the Pinty photos on Amazon and the display looks identical to the display on the Rock Solid. Like the Pinty, Rock Solid has 99 speeds. Almost too many. I'll probably never go past 10. Maybe they have different motors, or maybe they're the same machine?? I'm glad now I got a compact portable machine instead of something big and heavy.

As much as I like the large surface space on my rebounder, the WBV machine feels different in a good way. Time will tell if the increased shaking motion while working out will produce different results, but in the meantime this feels so energizing - I hadn't planned on using it every single day but so far I've just wanted to. They say you have 3,000 to 5,000 muscle contractions or twitches in 10 minutes, circulate about a gallon of lymphatic fluid, increase your circulation, boost metabolism and decrease cortisol. That's got to be great from a wellness perspective. Rebounding is so slow by comparison (really sloooww now after the WBV machine). Like with the rebounder, light weights start to feel heavier faster. I guess I need to take a good look at my cellulite one morning so I can compare down the road to see if there's a difference. It's not why I got the WBV machine but if it's an added benefit who am I to complain. It's still early days yet, but that's my update for what it's worth (to anyone still reading)...
That is really great to hear, spotted zebra! I'm so glad you came back to let us know your experience, glad you are enjoying your machine and the fact that you are sleeping better, makes this well worth the money spent! After you have been doing this awhile, continue to let me know your further results, I am wanting one for my Birthday maybe!
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 12:19 AM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
ooh, this is so exciting; I am living vicariously through you!
Right! And to think you started it all, this is your baby! Thanks so much for the thread, Genevieve, glad we're learning more about these.
Old 01-21-17, 09:55 AM  
michl43

I just purchased the same one as spotted zebra. There was one in stock and I think it was meant for me. There seems to be many benefits from using this even just 10 minutes a day. From squats, bridges, lunges,yoga, stretches, it will increase benefits. Will be delivered Monday with Prime. I especially like the fact that laying on it, thighs, hamstrings, etc will loosen and massage.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 10:51 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Not long ago, I saw something about a vibration machine and was interested, but it was expensive and my husband thought it silly so, this has been an intriguing read.
My SO had a few good laughs about this too at first. Then I got him to try a session doing some exercises on it and he stopped laughing. He likes it in spite of himself.

I'm a fan of the portable machine mostly because I currently don't have a dedicated room for working out. Down the road if I have a workout room again I'd love a Hypervibe with a tower.

I think a portable machine could work well for one of my relatives in her 80s with mobility issues to keep by her bed or living room couch. She could sit on the edge of the bed or sofa and just put her feet on it at the lowest setting for a few minutes to get more circulation in her legs. Over time it might help her to walk further with less fatigue. She seems interested in trying it so I'm going to bring mine over to her house tomorrow.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 10:54 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
I just purchased the same one as spotted zebra. There was one in stock and I think it was meant for me. There seems to be many benefits from using this even just 10 minutes a day. From squats, bridges, lunges,yoga, stretches, it will increase benefits. Will be delivered Monday with Prime. I especially like the fact that laying on it, thighs, hamstrings, etc will loosen and massage.
That's so cool. I can't wait to hear what you think.

ETA: If it helps I wrote out the speed settings of each pre-set program. They're not written down anywhere in the leaflet you get and are somewhat random. Each preset program is 10 minutes.

P0: 15-30-45-60-75
P1: 5-10-20-25-30
P2: 5-10-15-20-25
P3: 25-45-70-90-70-40-30-15-5
P4: 25-50 (9 mins. at 25, 1 min. 50)
P5: 15-35-20-40-25
P6: 50
P7: 5-15-10-20-15
P8: 70
P9: 35-40-45-50-55-60-65-70-75

The remote has 3 buttons that let you go straight to 30, 60 or 99, or you can go with the default speed of 1 and manually go up from there. I tried P7 today but when it hit 20 it was too high for me. It gave me a headache.
Old 01-22-17, 12:20 PM  
spotted zebra

I too am grateful to Genevieve for starting this thread. I was intrigued by WBV machines before but probably wouldn't own one now if it wasn't for her and this thread. So thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
That is really great to hear, spotted zebra! I'm so glad you came back to let us know your experience, glad you are enjoying your machine and the fact that you are sleeping better, makes this well worth the money spent! After you have been doing this awhile, continue to let me know your further results, I am wanting one for my Birthday maybe!
Let us know your impressions when/ if you get one. I'd love to learn from others as they discover things about WBV machines. I'm still eyeing the white and pink Pintys at the regular price which to me is still reasonable. I like the idea of having an extra one as back up. My friend in the US said I could use her address for shipping so... maybe over the next month or two once I make up my mind.
Old 01-22-17, 08:51 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post

I'm still eyeing the white and pink Pintys at the regular price which to me is still reasonable. I like the idea of having an extra one as back up.
I've got my eye on the white or pink one too! It will be interesting to see how low in price it will go.
Old 01-24-17, 06:56 PM  
Footballnut

I have been thinking about looking into these more, since I have heard they are great for your joints and I have a lot of joint issues (osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia). I like the idea of having a portable one, so that I can put it away after use. Does it really make that much difference in the benefits you get?
Old 01-24-17, 08:48 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
I have been thinking about looking into these more, since I have heard they are great for your joints and I have a lot of joint issues (osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia). I like the idea of having a portable one, so that I can put it away after use. Does it really make that much difference in the benefits you get?
Hi Ginger, I'm not affected by either one so I can't comment from direct experience. I'm wondering if perhaps people suffering from either osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia could answer this question on a health forum regarding their personal experiences. I've also heard about people with both of these conditions saying a vibration machine has helped them, but I don't know enough about it to say more. I hope someone else who might know more will chime in. If you like I can PM you the names of two women who are more familiar with these machines, have worked with clients with different health issues, who could probably offer more specific info and answer your questions. If interested please send me a PM and I will dig up their contact info for you.

ETA: In my city there's a specialty fitness club that offers 20 minute classes on the Hypervibe machine (oscillating vibration plates) and I'm wondering if where you live there might be something similar so you could try a few sessions, perhaps one on one with a trainer, and see how it feels? By specialty I mean this is the only type of equipment they carry so it's not a regular gym.

Tags
gall bladder, vibration, vibration machine