Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 05:09 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thanks, Rebecca! I really like the Xpress Low Impact I just got and now I think I need the SW#2. I thrive on high-intensity, low-impact cardio in addition to anything else I may be doing. I've always been a cardio junkie but lately, it has to be low impact for a number of reasons. If the music is good, then I probably need this workout!
So happy to hear you like it!! So if you like that one you'll sure enjoy secret cardio 2 - the toning is great as well, and both segments are about 45 min. long. The cardio has a nice mix (not old-school, but driving electronic music, quite good) and the toning has no music. Another good one is the cardio in webisode 4. I think if you email Nina you can get that one even though it's not in the webshop. It starts with about 15 min of rebounding and then you do low impact cardiotone for the rest of the hour - even some funk aerobics moves from back in the day!

Hamelin is great at keeping the intensity there and the impact at a minimum
Old 07-14-15, 05:37 PM  
mandie123

Rebecca, I can only do very low impact cardio,(mostly do walking for that) but love toning,just ordered bodymatics haven't tried it yet,but what else would you recommend for any future purchases?
Old 07-14-15, 05:51 PM  
LaCatrina

Mandie, I think Xpress low and the rebounder are great options. They're both about 30 min. long. Like a mentioned to Dana, Secret 2 has some wonderful cardiotone for 45 min and then a nice mat session for another 45 min that you can scale up or down in terms of intensity by adding weights.

Webisode 4 also has that rebounder + cardiotone (15 min + 45 min) and the toning segment is serious stuff - I never got to master it! It's tuff stuff.

Then for the free stuff you have all the cardiotones (1-4). Both AIS workouts can be modified to low impact - they only have jump rope intervals, but you can march in place briskly or jump in the rebounder during those intervals.

I've done both the abs, waist and arms from Bodymatics and I've really enjoyed them. Tons of c-curve stuff that keeps all your center engaged for what it seems a long while I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow, I can tell already

Courses from 3 to 5 (the current one) start with cardiotone. I'm starting to edit those segments because they're so good you can string them together for a longer session. They do have some jumping jacks or running in place that you can do without the impact (side to side steps or marching in place, that's what I do - I have a wonky knee so I need to use my Kangoos for the higher impact stuff)
Old 07-14-15, 05:56 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Rebecca, I can only do very low impact cardio,(mostly do walking for that) but love toning,just ordered bodymatics haven't tried it yet,but what else would you recommend for any future purchases?
Mandie, all of the HDM workouts can be done low-impact with marching in place when he's jogging or shuffling. I think his workouts are very easy to modify. You can do heel touches, grapevines, marches, knee lifts, on the ground hamstring curls, etc. None of his high impact moves are integral. They can all be done grounded.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:33 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I just finished SW#2 Low Impact Cardio, super fun and intense. Visual cues but the music drives you on and HDM keeps you moving using your arms and legs. I didn't preview it just went for it and it really is old school aerobics. I was concentrating so hard on his visual cues but it really is just "a party in a box". HDM uses scoops, walking moves, ham curls, grapevines, side taps, cheerleader arms and more.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:53 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
I just finished SW#2 Low Impact Cardio, super fun and intense. Visual cues but the music drives you on and HDM keeps you moving using your arms and legs. I didn't preview it just went for it and it really is old school aerobics. I was concentrating so hard on his visual cues but it really is just "a party in a box". HDM uses scoops, walking moves, ham curls, grapevines, side taps, cheerleader arms and more.
Awesome and thanks, so glad you enjoyed it I'm in trouble now, I feel myself caving
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Thank you! Just what I was hoping for. My favorite Hamelins are those without verbal cues and only with good music and visual cues. I will be buying this one for sure since it's all I'm looking for! Thanks again!
Old 07-15-15, 08:18 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I'm happy to enable both of you. I forgot to mention that HDM has you do the box step! Remember that move, I stopped for a second to see what he was doing and my mind clicked. That used to be one of my favorite moves on the floor and step.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 02:54 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

Sue, this is going to get corny, fast . When Hamelin released the first webisode I was "lost". I had just came to terms (reluctantly) with the fact that I couldn't do ART method anymore. As much as I enjoyed the workouts I was getting huge, my food intake was out of control and I felt miserably achy all the time. So I said "why not" and went for it. The cardio portion is a little under an hour long and it's hi-lo with jump rope intervals. He uses this very retro mix with late 80s early 90s tunes that I recognized from my aerobics classes from when I was in high school. It was love at first sight. My endurance SUCKED as I haven't done any formal cardio in ages, but by the end of the rotation I was rocking the whole hour. The toning is an hour long, and it's quite mellow and meditative. The pace is perfect. I enjoyed every minute of that rotation and not even halfway into it I was getting compliments left and right. From that moment on, I didn't look back
Thanks for taking the time to give so much detail!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 08:37 PM  
yahoo205

Anyone have a recommendation for inner thigh, back of thigh, back of butt work to complement Bodymatics (Hamelin or non Hamelin)?

LaCatrina, what pound hand and ankle weights do you use for bodymatics?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt, halfsies, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, matics, thighmatics