Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-15, 05:14 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
, I think Hamelin recommends doing a class on one day and Rambert the next day. I do traditional strength work also, so I'm going to do a Rambert workout after my strength workouts. This felt really good to me.
So rotate with bodymatics or something like that?
Old 07-13-15, 05:20 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
The bonus workouts were offered if you pre-ordered course 5. So it was an expensive month for some of us.
Thanks Debbie

This is what I suspected but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. Have you received the bonus stretch that got left out of bodymatics (if you purchased it that is). I haven't seen anything about it on the fan/secret workout Facebook page yet but maybe I didn't catch it if it was there.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 05:22 PM  
cowfishpro

Just wanted to chime in and thank Debbie for her original post. That was very helpful!
Old 07-13-15, 05:23 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellybelly View Post
So rotate with bodymatics or something like that?
If it helps give you an idea, I am going to do the Rambert class every day and then half of a matics (today it's glute, tomorrow thigh). I might do more of Hamelin's free stuff if I feel like it on top of that. I don't know how much time you have for working out. If I were going to mix it with Ballet Beautiful this week I would do 40-50 minutes of BB then the Rambert class. Or you could do Rambert one day and then BB the next if you only had an hour each day. Maybe something like that?
Old 07-13-15, 05:24 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
Just wanted to chime in and thank Debbie for her original post. That was very helpful!
Hi T! I was just thinking about you when your thread asking about HDM popped up - it is nice to see you! Hope your doing ok and BB is still working out well for you
Old 07-13-15, 05:28 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
Thanks Debbie

This is what I suspected but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. Have you received the bonus stretch that got left out of bodymatics (if you purchased it that is). I haven't seen anything about it on the fan/secret workout Facebook page yet but maybe I didn't catch it if it was there.
I did get the bonus stretch that was left of the BodyMatics workouts. I think I got it on Friday or Saturday. If you didn't get the email, email Nina.

cowfishpro, you're welcome. I would love to hear your opinions after you've done his workouts.

zellybelly, yes, that would be fine. I don't think there is a wrong way to incorporate his Rambert workouts since they are deep muscle work.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 05:37 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
I did get the bonus stretch that was left of the BodyMatics workouts. I think I got it on Friday or Saturday. If you didn't get the email, email Nina.
Ok cool, thank you again! I took your advice and just emailed her so hopefully I will be able to include that stretch in the next day or so.
Old 07-13-15, 05:45 PM  
hotncmom

OK, I just finished a HDM workout I got off Youtube - class 3, course 4. Is this an actual workout he SELLS? The audio is terrible and when they bring out the chairs it blocks Hamelin. I was under the impression this was a sample of one of the workouts he sells on his site - I hope for what he's charging that's not the case with this one? I have another one class 4, course 1 that looks like it was just a camera set up in a room where he was teaching.

There's a free workout on his website where he is alone in a white brick room with a mirror and it looks great. Hopefully they are all the same quality as this?

Just want to make sure before I pay $ I know what to expect.

I did start to get that lower back pain I get when I do TA, so I am approaching this gingerly. I notice that he slumps into the hip when doing quadruped hip extensions and abduction. I am trying not to do this because it is really bad form. But with one forearm on the ground, the angle makes it almost impossible to keep the hip stacked, so IDK whether I should just adapt that or what.

It's funny, I do floorwork from BBL, Supermodel Butt and Thigh (Andrea Orbeck), Jessica Smith, and Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt all the time and haven't felt any back pain in a long time. One HDM workout and it's coming back. I wish I knew what is is about HDM and TA that makes my back hurt. I think it's the arabesque with attitude. I don't have an issue with hip extensions in any other workout, and I don't have an issue with abduction either in any position in any other workout. Maybe I'll just stick to his arm stuff, but I'd really like to give it a try.

I have a question about the Abtastic (sp?) workout. Is that one workout or a set? And is it mostly crunches? I don't do crunches. I do planks of all shapes and sizes but any crunches or c-curve work is not for me. Could someone please describe the type of exercises he does in this one?

Thank you!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 06:59 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
I'm glad you guys had your daily dose of laughter. I just can't imagine someone in their right frame of mind coming up with some of the stuff that she comes up with, and it works. LOL!

Dabbadooey, he does not have DVDs. He did, but it is no longer available in a DVD format. It is now available for download.

His AIS workouts doesn't get much attention, but they are definitely worth looking into. It is available on Angie's Youtube channel. He also has two free classes from the course series for free on Youtube.

Here's her channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y...3wo9KGA/videos

In rereading Hamelin's post, I really do feel that he is spot on with his suggestion. His workouts are expensive, so it does help a lot that he has outlined what you should purchase after you have exhausted his free material. What I really like about course 3,4, and 5 is not only did he start including cardio/cardio tone into the workouts, but he also started incorporating music.

I have to say that his Rambert series is WONDERFUL. I did the first bonus workout this morning and it was FANTASTIC! It is everything that Classical Stretch should have been plus some. I gave up on using any DVD or streaming workout for my stretching after my workouts years ago, and I've been doing them on my own. Now with his Rambert series I'll just do one of them after my workouts.
So is the Rambert series stretching only - a la classical stretch?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 10:57 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
So is the Rambert series stretching only - a la classical stretch?
The Rambert series is the only work of his that has really caught my interest. I would also like to know more. I tried his free stuff and I liked it well enough but it was all moves I had done/seen in the past. I do like his pace and combinations though. But it's more difficult to find programs that match the Rambert description. I hope people feel excited enough about these to eventually review them in more detail.

I still prefer dvds due to streaming issues and the need to update my home equipment. It will take something interesting to draw me out. That and his stuff is pricey so I want to make sure I will use it. I wish he would sell one sample episode from the series. Or even give a long clip to give us a better idea. I would love to set his work to my own classical music playlist. Like Debbie S., I also had my idea of what CS should have been and I still hope for a series that will fill that spot for me.

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, old thread alert, rambert, swan arms, thighmatics