Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-15, 09:28 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
Thank you so much for your advice and feedback! How does Hamelin make you feel physically? Have you ever done TA's workouts? If so, how does Hamelin compare. I experimented with Callanetics a couple of years ago and while it gave me glute lifting, toned inner thighs and a leaned out appearance, the pelvic tuck really hurt me. I also craved more of a sweat. BB gives me great toning results and makes my body feel AMAZING, but sometimes I crave variation as well as desire to break a sweat. I'm definitely going to look into Hamelin! Have you done any of the matics workouts?Also, what is the difference between the different 10 series workouts? I feel like his program lacks explanation. I never know where to begin with him, ha!
Hi,
My HDM workouts leave me feeling good. They're challenging, but not as intense as some other workouts in my rotation. I always feel nicely worked but energized. I have done TA. I have quite a few of her workouts (Mat, PDS 1-3, meta hip years 1&2, the book cardio, and several of the newest DVDs she's put out recently). I dabble in TA but I find her really boring, so I haven't been able to stick with her for more than 4-5 weeks here and there. Hamelin definitely works better for me overall. He holds my attention and gives me better results.

I have done the two Thighmatics workouts. I have TM 1 in my rotation tomorrow (I far prefer TM 2). Rebecca knows more about those than me, so hopefully she'll chime in here. She can also tell you more about the mat classes. I have them all but have only done a couple from each series. In general, they do get more intense every series. The first series is mostly toning, but during 2 and 3 he adds more cardio ( running or skipping in place while doing upper body toning), into the toning. It's like CardioTone and toning in one hourlong workout. They're efficient all-in-one workouts. They rotate body part focus throughout the series so each course series is pretty comprehensive. They have great music too.

You can do a sample class on the YouTube page, so you can try it and see what you think.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin d'abell method, hdm, thighmatics