Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-15, 03:04 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Yes Rebecca you are a serious threat to our credit cards. That low impact download is right up my level.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 03:20 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Sorry to hear about your elbow I'm a big fan of the waist part of absmatics - and it's quite easy to tack on to other workouts or do it sometime during the day - just 9 min, sweat-free

I love that Gurmukh workout! The Gaiam one, am I right? I did subscribe briefly to her streaming service but I didn't like it as much as I thought
The elbow is part of the rest of my life (the doc set it wrong). Three surgeries and three years of rehab got it so it's not really noticeable to anybody but me... Workouts are when I notice it the most and/or if I've been shooting all day.

I will definitely add the waist part then -- though noting is sweat-free in this heatwave!

And, yes, it's the Gaiam one (a workout based on Slim & Trim by Yogi Bhajan)... I never even knew she had streaming?

Anyways, I though this and Glutematics would be a perfect pairing
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 03:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Beth, it's hard for me to pick favorites because I love how Hamelin's workouts make me feel so good, both inside and outside. I can recommend you something more specific if you tell me what you'd like to try (matics, cardio, toning, a combo of them all...)
Thanks Rebecca! Well, first of all, only free stuff. I love Armatics Taster, so if there's more like that, I'd be interested. I'm kind of interested to see what he offers for legs but am a little hesitant b/c I HATE all 4s work! When I previewed Workout2, it didn't seem to have any, that's why I thought I'd try that one next. So, I might be interested in full body toning...and maybe more cardio similar to CardioTone4 that's low-impact, relatively easy to follow, yet keeps the HR up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 04:15 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I just heard from Nina. She said that the Rambert series is not for sale separately, but that may change in the future. If/when it does, there will be a notification on the Facebook page (and VF as well, I'm sure).
Oh no! Hopefully they'll change it eventually. He did post about it on FB (in his general open page) and I received the two extra workouts preorder offer because I had ordered course 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Yes Rebecca you are a serious threat to our credit cards. That low impact download is right up my level.

MariaW
Told ya You're going to love it, I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
The elbow is part of the rest of my life (the doc set it wrong). Three surgeries and three years of rehab got it so it's not really noticeable to anybody but me... Workouts are when I notice it the most and/or if I've been shooting all day.

I will definitely add the waist part then -- though noting is sweat-free in this heatwave!

And, yes, it's the Gaiam one (a workout based on Slim & Trim by Yogi Bhajan)... I never even knew she had streaming?

Anyways, I though this and Glutematics would be a perfect pairing
Triple kudos to you for keeping up with working out with such a severe injury. Just to keep this sweet enabling vibe - LOLOLOLOL!!! - http://gbglobalvillage.com/ There are quite a bit of sets and you can filter them using many criteria. If you like Gurmukh I think you might like the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks Rebecca! Well, first of all, only free stuff. I love Armatics Taster, so if there's more like that, I'd be interested. I'm kind of interested to see what he offers for legs but am a little hesitant b/c I HATE all 4s work! When I previewed Workout2, it didn't seem to have any, that's why I thought I'd try that one next. So, I might be interested in full body toning...and maybe more cardio similar to CardioTone4 that's low-impact, relatively easy to follow, yet keeps the HR up.
Gotcha! Hamelin deleted most of the freebies he had uploaded to youtube, but he allowed someone to upload that material into a different channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y...Kq3wo9KGA/feed. There you'll find another three cardiotone workouts - I often string together two of them for a longer arm burner. The freestyle cardio has AMAZING music and it can easily be modified to pure low impact. The low impact Xpress is very affordable, so that's one you could try if you want to sample the paid material.

About the toning - you'll find a free class from his first course (course 1, class 4) that has absolutely no all-fours moves and it features one of the most brutal barre segments I've done (that's my perception ). Most of his "on the go" workouts (1-7 I think) have very little all-fours moves if any at all. That channel has enough goodies to keep you busy for a while
Old 07-01-15, 05:13 PM  
in paris

Aw, thanks, Rebecca, but I am far past the heroic part... Now is the long slog of use it or lose it.

I won't let you enable me on the Gurmukh as well... You've done enough damage with Hamelin, trust me. He's a gem, though, and very worth it, so thank you!

(And, hey, if you enjoy that Gaiam one, you really should consider adding it in )
Old 07-02-15, 08:54 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
Aw, thanks, Rebecca, but I am far past the heroic part... Now is the long slog of use it or lose it.

I won't let you enable me on the Gurmukh as well... You've done enough damage with Hamelin, trust me. He's a gem, though, and very worth it, so thank you!

(And, hey, if you enjoy that Gaiam one, you really should consider adding it in )
Mwahahahahahaha!!! I'm bad, I know it... I do have the Gaiam workout and I frequently do the warm up, the first 24-ish minutes. Hamelin recommended that one to me originally and then I discovered Raviana on my own. It's really good, I love her voice, it's so velvety and soothing

Let's raise our glasses to perkier, happier butts by the end of the month!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post

MariaW
I hope you enjoy it Maria! I'm a huge fan of retro aerobics, and I love that little gem. Those cardio workouts really perk up my mood and energy
Old 07-02-15, 09:29 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Mwahahahahahaha!!! I'm bad, I know it... I do have the Gaiam workout and I frequently do the warm up, the first 24-ish minutes. Hamelin recommended that one to me originally and then I discovered Raviana on my own. It's really good, I love her voice, it's so velvety and soothing

Let's raise our glasses to perkier, happier butts by the end of the month!!
I looked at the timing (I've broken up the bits for when I'm short of time) and I'm guessing the first two chapters?
Quote:
Awaken -- 17 minutes
Energise -- 12 minutes
Strengthen -- 12 minutes
Relax -- 10 minutes
A question for you -- is it alright to Hamelin's workouts without shoes? I've been meaning to ask you, but always forget. I didn't know if there was a specific reason for them -- I always do it barefoot (part of the reason the Rambert sessions sounded so appealing).

TIA!
Old 07-02-15, 01:23 PM  
laila
VF Supporter

Isn't there a download option instead of YouTube streaming?

I just ordered the armatics workout, I got a link to his YouTube channel with the workout there. But I'm going back overseas to slow internet and won't be able to stream the workout. How can I download and save it to my iPhone?

Does HDM do all the purchases like that? Isn't there a download option?
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 04:17 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laila View Post
I just ordered the armatics workout, I got a link to his YouTube channel with the workout there. But I'm going back overseas to slow internet and won't be able to stream the workout. How can I download and save it to my iPhone?

Does HDM do all the purchases like that? Isn't there a download option?
Yes, all of his workouts are via his private Youtube channel and you can download them. Download Helper for Firefox usually works, but I'm having trouble with Download Helper the last couple of days. I'm not sure if it's Youtube issue or a Download Helper issue. I've just downloaded another extension for Firefox and I'll see if it works.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 04:22 PM  
LaCatrina

I had to go back and look to see which part of the DVD I've been doing. I had no idea about the chapters because I found it on youtube. Turns out I've been doing only Awaken - there's an interview and other snippets in the beginning of the video, so even though the ticker says 24 min it's a shorter set I like it! For some reason I didn't "click" much with the workouts in her streaming service, I can't quite point why

laila - downloading from YT works better for me using Firefox. Chrome has a ton of restrictions

Tags
hamelin d'abell, thighmatics