Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-17, 02:39 PM  
Judy W.

This morning I dusted off Denise Austin's Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast. This is the one with 4 different 10 minute sessions, sandwiched between a warm up and cool down -- Kickboxing, Athletic Intervals, Retro Aerobics and Dance. Classic Denise, and quite a nice reunion for me! I'd say it's low intermediate, the the few high impact moves are easily modifiable.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 02:59 PM  
Garrie A.

Today was a virgin VHS for me: Step Rhythm and Moves. It's a Step Reebok workout led by Petra Kolber. I recognized Lisa Wheeler and Jeffrey Scott in the background. When I previewed this workout a month ago, I thought "Oh, no; half-time breakdowns." But, when doing the workout, she only did this to teach the beginning of two step patterns. The rest was taught at normal speed. And by the end of the workout, the sweat was pouring and I was having a blast! When it was time to put the combos together, she only went through it once. I wanted to go through it at least three times.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:45 PM  
Tammie M

I love this workout. It is not overly complicated and the patterns are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Today was a virgin VHS for me: Step Rhythm and Moves. It's a Step Reebok workout led by Petra Kolber. I recognized Lisa Wheeler and Jeffrey Scott in the background. When I previewed this workout a month ago, I thought "Oh, no; half-time breakdowns." But, when doing the workout, she only did this to teach the beginning of two step patterns. The rest was taught at normal speed. And by the end of the workout, the sweat was pouring and I was having a blast! When it was time to put the combos together, she only went through it once. I wanted to go through it at least three times.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 01:09 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

forgot to post that a few weeks ago, i did Minna Lessig's Emergency Workout and also Optimizer - Fat Eliminator. In Optimizer, i was surprised to see these 2 cast members: Jennifer Galardi and Yumi Lee.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 01:38 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
forgot to post that a few weeks ago, i did Minna Lessig's Emergency Workout and also Optimizer - Fat Eliminator. In Optimizer, i was surprised to see these 2 cast members: Jennifer Galardi and Yumi Lee.
Also Misty Tripoli.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 02:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Also Misty Tripoli.
thanks for pointing that out!

did another one today to strengthen my left hip that has been bothering me:

Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey

he sort of reminds me of a goofy Chuck Norris.

I LOL at his famous line: "Let's squeeze those cheeseburgers out of your hips" or something like that. ha ha!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 05:04 PM  
acey

Been on a big Karen Anderson dustbunny. Yesterday it was Hi-Lo HITS. 40 minutes of fun, intense cardio with a pretty flower-filled dance studio and great '90s-era music.
Old 03-18-17, 02:59 AM  
beanpeanut

Is it so unacceptable that I do these on a regular basis? Your dustbunnies are my daily favorites! Why should my favorite and loved workouts be considered dusty? Why do we have to feel that the very ones we started out with and lead us to our workout journeys be so obsolete and pulled out of some old unfamiliar area of our exercise library. I'm going to embrace my originals because they got me there once and by goodness their going to get me there again!
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 10:24 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Haha, my oldies are pretty much all I do or want to do also. I think labelling them "vintage dustbunnies" is pretty funny...maybe I *slightly* prefer "classics from the golden age of fitness videos" but it's not as snappy.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 10:52 AM  
Judy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpeanut View Post
Is it so unacceptable that I do these on a regular basis? Your dustbunnies are my daily favorites! Why should my favorite and loved workouts be considered dusty? Why do we have to feel that the very ones we started out with and lead us to our workout journeys be so obsolete and pulled out of some old unfamiliar area of our exercise library. I'm going to embrace my originals because they got me there once and by goodness their going to get me there again!
Indeed, but the world may look at ME, at age 67, and label me a "vintage dustbunny" also. They don't see the intelligent, witty, fit, loving and sassy lady that I am -- unless they bother to look. When they do, we are both richer!

This thread is all about encouraging us to bother to look!

New and glitzy! There's where the excitement, attention and chatter so often is. Sometimes we do forget about the treasures we have -- not only with workouts, but with movies, old record collections, forgotten items in grandma's attic or in the back of our own closets, and sometimes even people in our lives.

This thread is a reminder for all of us, I think, to not only look forward to new workouts to come, but to embrace what brought us to where we are. Call them dusty, obsolete -- or call them beloved! Or maybe call them both! Enjoy what you love.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts