Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-12, 06:56 PM  
Scbayless

Worst videos EVER made

I have seen a thread like this before but couldn't find it in the search. The reason being is my mom and I are starting a vlog. It's going to be silly and it involves work out videos... and wine (can you guess where this is going?). So anyways, what are the most funny videos you can picture being done with a bottle of wine involved? We would mainly like to find this stuff at the thrift store and aren't going to buy any equipment for them (which made lead to it being funnier I think). So there you go, worst videos you can think of?
Old 02-20-12, 07:01 PM  
Browneyedgirll78

I don't have a great answer, but the thread earlier about the review of the Pussy cat dolls DVD comes to mind. That plus mom plus a bottle of wine seems like it should be an episode of absolutely fabulous....or Ab Fab....ever see that show?
Browneyedgirll78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 07:44 PM  
Scbayless

I have the pussy cats doll on the list already FOR SURE. But I've never seen or heard of that show. I should check it out I'm sure before we film :-)
Old 02-20-12, 07:50 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I couldn't resist the clip for 'Jazzercise Burlesque' on collage the other day. I mean, seriously? The workout doesn't look too bad, but the whole boudoir set/corset costumes... ugh.

There is plenty to laugh at in classic Firms, even though they're good workouts!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 08:06 PM  
juberann

Never bought it but the clips for that workout from 'The Situation' from Jersey Shore made me hurl. I mean...........seriously?????
Old 02-20-12, 08:18 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
I have the pussy cats doll on the list already FOR SURE. But I've never seen or heard of that show. I should check it out I'm sure before we film :-)
Ab Fab (Absolutely Fabulous) is hysterical and can probably give you ideas for what you appear to have planned. You HAVE to check it out.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 08:25 PM  
Eibhinn

There are lots of choices here, but I'll confine mine to videos I've actually owned and tried. Here are the worst three:

Stefanie Powers Broadway Workout had potential, but just ended up being bizarre and impossible to follow. She makes odd comments like "move your head... that's the thing attached to your neck" while seeming spaced out and unaware of her surroundings. Someone appears to have posted the whole thing on Youtube, so enjoy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWHc_aMECE

There used to be a set called 7 Days, 7 Workouts, which had some alright workouts in it and some really terrible stuff. The worst, though, was a stretching instructional video called Power Stretching, but which I renamed Testosterone Stretching. Here is my description of it from a thread in 2005
"I'm not quite sure who it was marketed to in the first place - um, beefcake contortionists and hardcore ballerinas? The beginner part of it mostly involves doing the splits. Then comes the advanced stretching, which involves doing uncomfortable looking things, while doing the splits. Yay!
The last move (admittedly, he seems to indicate it is a "demonstration only") involved doing the splits (surprise!) with the starting position being - having each foot on a separate wheelie desk chair and the ending position being.... I can only assume in the hospital with a dislocated hip.

I recommend checking it out if you buy the set, though - the introduction is gloriously cheesy. Lots of high kicks and back flips down an incline in a gravel pit (?) accompanied by rockin' guitar music, and visual effects that involved lots of lighting bolts. ROCK ON!"

Winner for the worst ever, though, (un)fortunately no one else here will have ever seen - nor is anyone likely to:
I once received a review copy of a bellydance dvd for learning to play the finger cymbals. It was the worst DVD I've ever seen - about anything. The instructor - who was 60 or so - sat on a stool wearing what looked like an over-the-top Cyndi Lauper collection, and what I can only imagine was a very large blond wig. And dark sunglasses. She sat pretty much motionless, talking and playing cymbals. It would have been boring, but it was filmed in front of a green screen, so the background was constantly switching between videos of middle eastern scenes - camels walking, sweeping panoramic desert shots. At the same time, a scrolling advertisement for her website constantly moved across the bottom of the screen while other graphics or messages occasionally popped up in other places. It made me motion sick to watch. I never ended up reviewing it because, well, my mama always told me if I can't say anything nice.... (plus I knew this had such small distribution no one would end up buying it)
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 08:49 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I found "Schvitz!" at a book sale last year. "Schvitz" means "sweat" in Yiddish, and yes, the workout is in yiddish, with subtitles. I really don't know if it's a "bad" workout. I only watched the first 10 minutes or so. The grandmother character starts off by explaining that you should do your own warm-up. She suggests something like housework, then dances around with a feather duster.

The young man and woman demonstrate the strength training exercises. If nothing else, you will learn to count to twenty in yiddish as she counts every single rep.

Yes, wine will go well with this workout. Who knows? Maybe I should give it a serious try. It might be a hidden gem
Old 02-20-12, 09:06 PM  
Severen

The one and only BodyFlex. Paaahhhhh!

And here's Greer Childer's 7 minute workout from Shapely Secrets.
Old 02-20-12, 09:14 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severen View Post
The one and only BodyFlex. Paaahhhhh!

And here's Greer Childer's 7 minute workout from Shapely Secrets.
I am traumatized just from watching this clip..... waaaaaaaaaaaaah! This has to be the worst EVER! And I only watched the first clip. Ugh.....
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan harris, hall of shame, worst