Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-11, 08:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What's On YOUR Bucket List?

I've enjoyed reading Sunday's thread about the Yoga Teacher Training she is going to be starting soon. It's nothing I would ever have an interest in myself, but I enjoy reading about people trying new things and/or going for their dreams.

It occurred to me that I don't really have a bucket list right now. I used to, but it seems to have gotten lost in the rush of everyday life. One of my New Year's resolutions was to make life "bigger" or more varied or something. DH has many health issues and in the past couple of years we have gotten very insulated in our life together and most of my life is about work and caring for him and the home.

So, I figured I'd ask - what's on YOUR bucket list? Whether it's about wellness, fitness, hobbies, work, whatever, I'd be interested to hear.

One thing I AM doing now is starting to compile information I'll need to start a blog. I want to start a blog and use the information and techniques I've learned in cooking for DH with all of his eating sensitivities. So, for now, I'm beginning to compile recipes.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 08:57 AM  
enduranceron

First thing, complete my first 100 miler in July (VT 100) and then a 9 day thru hike of the Long Trail in August.

Somethings I'd like to do someday (in no particular order):

thru-hike of the AT
compete in Badwater
canoe/kayak the complete CT River
Skydive

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 08:58 AM  
neatski

I really want to work on the side as a personal trainer

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:41 AM  
upperwside

I have a long list.. have crossed some off so feel good about that. But here are a few big ones:

Tour Europe with my children. It is very important for me (my husband too) to bring my children to Europe. I am a lover of history and there is so much to show them. I also want them too see where their Daddy and I lived over there and the places we loved.

Write a book. I am working on it as a slow pace. It is a cookbook on healthy, easy (but some exotic) family meals. It also will have some tips on getting the children involved in the cooking. I feel most American children eat a horrid diet and are not exposed to much of the wonderful flavors of the world.

Kayak every moring in the Bays of the Hamptons (when i am out there on weekends.. the the whole summer). I love the wildlife and the freash air.. and the fog.. i can go on and on.

Open my own buisness again. We hope to move back to Toronto sometime soon. I had my own buisness there and it was great. I Will wait till my kiddos are older though.

Get over my fear of spiders. I do not want to ever pass it on to my kiddos.. so i am learing to not freak out when i see one.

Travel the Middle East and Africa. Never been and would love to go. I want to see IT ALL. Egypt is the first stop and i want a full month just there.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:47 AM  
Gams

upperwside,

Is that you in that iPhone commercial where the people are at lunch and the woman sees the spider on the iPhone and starts screaming?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:49 AM  
spufflez

I want to be able to switch from full-time to part-time work so that I have more free time. (This might happen later this year.)

Also, my trip to the Caribbean this year is a bucket-list item.... I haven't taken a vacation in 4 years! Finally have the money to go!
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:57 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Timely and fun thread!

Joining a masters swim team has been on my list for a while. I love to swim, but I’m not that fast. I just took a break from work to look at the team in practice and came home and found this thread! Guess it’s a sign!
Old 06-02-11, 10:44 AM  
daisyfit

my bucket list

Includes getting married
having a child and fostering a child
volunteering in an orphanage in an Eastern European country
Walking the Camino Trail in Spain
A long weekend in Italy eating tasty food and drinking wine
Attending Michelle Dozois's Peak Fit workouts in California.
Doing another Cathe Road Trip
Buying a push/pull pull up tower
Trying out lots of new workouts.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 11:01 AM  
Tanja

My list is not that long anymore, have been doing a lot over the years...

Opening my own business
becoming "Body Pump" certified
participating in an indoor triathlon
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 11:29 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Mine is always changing, and some of the stuff is a lot more ambitious than other stuff. Anyway, it currently includes:
-getting my law degree (I start law school this fall)
-while in law school, doing volunteer work consistently
-doing the Camino de Santiago in Spain (I'd be okay with biking it if I can't fit the time in to walk it)
-exploring South America, taking a trip to India
-running a marathon
-learning Portuguese for good (I've taken Portuguese for Spanish Speakers twice, but never committed to making it stick!)
-getting a juicer and getting into juicing
-taking a live Zumba class
-getting certified to teach either yoga, barre, or zumba. I'm not sure which I'd like to really commit to yet.
-taking dance / jazz classes at a NYC studio (basically, I'm too chicken to sign up and go!)

Tags
bucket list, dream vacations, to-do lists