Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-10, 05:30 PM  
ladyveg

I think if you are somewhat in cardiovascular shape, you will like it. From my perspective, it was problematic. I was not in good shape and the cardio would get my heart rate soaring. Then all of a sudden she'd stop and do the weights, and I felt worried that my heart rate wasn't coming down slowly like it should. It was like full steam ahead, then STOP with no cooldown, do weights, then full steam ahead again. That might only be my problem though! Sounds like most others enjoyed it.
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 06:02 PM  
bigtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
To clarify: Walking Cardio Shape-Up Max has two separate 40min routines on it; 2-Week Turnaround Cardio has two 15min routines (which can be combined for a 30min routine) plus a 10min yoga stretch. So the most obvious difference is in program length.

They are all very good, and all doable but more advanced (imo) than Leslie's walks. 2-Week Turnaround Cardio is the easier (but not too easy) and shorter of the two.
So are the two 40 minute routines both cardio and weights? Is there an option to do cardio only without any of the weights sections? Also, I know Chris's music is usually very blah (well, for me anyway!) - how is the music on this?
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 12:15 PM  
DejaDeb

I should know better than to open threads like this!

Since I had a little extra spending $$ this month, I bought Walking Cardio ShapeUp Max and 10 Pound Slimdown ... then before I could finish checking out, saw that "others" who had bought these items ALSO bought Powerade Zero: Less Is More ... so I bought that as well.

Not a bad haul with the 15% discount (coupon code SAVE10) and free shipping!!
Old 10-20-10, 12:30 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
So are the two 40 minute routines both cardio and weights? Is there an option to do cardio only without any of the weights sections? Also, I know Chris's music is usually very blah (well, for me anyway!) - how is the music on this?
I don't have the DVD yet (ordered it, though) but I doubt there are premixes or customizations. I do have both workouts separately as downloads and the music is generic upbeat music - pretty forgettable but better, imo, than the usual Prevention fare.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 03:18 PM  
Sophia

I want! I want!!!
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 03:23 PM  
GeminiGLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I don't have the DVD yet (ordered it, though) but I doubt there are premixes or customizations.
You're absolutely right. No premixes, no customizations, no mix-n-match, no chaptering. The main menu just lets you choose the Walking Cardio workout or the Walk & Sculpt workout. That's it.
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 07:01 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I want! I want!!!
Me too! Me too!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 08:46 AM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I want! I want!!!
Me too! Why did I open this thread
Old 10-26-10, 08:50 AM  
Ann1964

what is the 20% off code that exercise TV posted on FB for today? I can't access FB at work.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 09:34 AM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
what is the 20% off code that exercise TV posted on FB for today? I can't access FB at work.
From another thread:
20PERCENTOFF
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 week turnaround, back surgery, chris freytag, exercise tv, exercisetv, walking workouts