Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-07-09, 06:32 AM  
fitness4life

that pain you describe is exactly what my brother had - he also did the steriod injections as well - didn't get much success from them which is why they pushed him so quickly in this direction. As I mentioned, it was quick, he was home the same day and seems to be recovering quite well. It's worth the research and tests to see if you're a good candidate for it - from everything I've read it's less evasive than gall bladder removal these days. My brother is a techi type so he did a TON of research before going under!!!

Good luck - sounds like from everyone who has posted that it's all been good outcomes!
Old 07-11-09, 11:07 PM  
Genevieve M

Sometining else to consider...

Steroids sound like they are only addressing the symptoms and not the root cause. Plus, what are the long-term effects of steroid injections?

For the past 8 months, I have been involved in battling paresthesia (tingling) in both legs. I can still work out and walk around, but sitting and sleeping are problematic.

How does this affect you, you ask? Well, I have not been able to get a diagnosis after months of testing and consults, so need to take things into my own hands. This has been quite an ordeal and the quality of my life has been compromised greatly. If I ever get this resolved, I will tell you all my tale of woe, so that someone else can benefit from it.

There are several books on back care on Amazon that you might want to consider. I just downloaded an e-book called 'Rebuild Your Back'. The website name escapes me, but you can enter the title into Google.

From what I can tell, this guy claims that chiropractors are a rip-off and that you can work through a lot of back issues through exercise. I have no other options, and so am looking into this. This or another book is something you might want to look into.

Hope this has helped. If it's any consolation, I feel your pain. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back surgery, gall bladder