Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-08, 05:27 PM  
Debbie

Thank you so much for all the replies, suggestions and support! I was quite embarassed to post my qustion, but I am so glad I did! I am going to check out the links and suggestions this evening once the kiddies are in bed.

Thanks again
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 05:36 PM  
yaya

Hi, Debbie - if you search, you'll see that I asked a similar question a couple of years ago, so you're not alone! I just wanted to say that, after putting it off for years, in June of this year, I finally had surgery to fix my incontinence problem. I'm so glad I did! I don't know how extensive your problem is, but mine was getting to the point that I didn't want to live with it anymore. Even the littlest exertion (like shouting) could cause me to leak sometimes, but now I can do jumping jacks to my heart's content!
Old 08-17-08, 05:44 PM  
Debbie

Thank you for sharing that yaya. I'm so glad to read that the surgery helped you so much. Right now, the only time I have experienced incontinence is if I am running while I have to pee. I recently did a 5k race and a 10k race. The 5k, I needed to pee and leaked the entire time...which was my first experience with thi...so as you can imaging I was so shocked...especially since it was happening in front of 1000's of people and I wasn't sure if they could actually see if my shorts were wet. At the end of the race, I quickly accepted my medal and moved swiftly to my car! The second race, I used the washroom right before the race and made it through the 10k without any problems. Yesterday, I went out for a run and while I was doing my warm up walk I realized I should have used the bathroom. Since it had been months since the 5k race, I decided to just run anyway and see what happened. Well I leaked quite a bit again, to the point I again worried people could see my shorts were wet. Thankfully this time, I wasn't in front of 1000's of people! It was still very upsetting and stressful though!
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 05:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

has anyone found these for less then $25, the smart balls. The real ones. as I'm reading about them I see there can be knock offs so, I want the real thing so I don't get sick. never know what you could be putting up inside of you and then find out the plastic or material used is not good for the body.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 05:51 PM  
Snuckles

I agree with trying Callanetics
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 05:57 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I don't like callanetics. I got rid of all those videos.

~~~Cheryl

Old 08-17-08, 06:21 PM  
dnk
VF Supporter

I never had a huge problem, but Pilates and yoga have really strengthened my pelvic floor.

Deb
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 06:43 PM  
Tonia682

I've had this problem also since I had my last child almost 2yrs ago. It happens mostly when I do any jumping.It was quite embarrasing in my boot camp class.I usually wear a liner when I exercise vigourously. I will def. look in the suggestions listed.
Tonia682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 07:20 PM  
carole r.

I'm waiting for someone to comment on the Smartballs. I listened to what Anna said about them and just about fainted. If they work, though......
Old 08-17-08, 07:25 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I think they should Carole as the question was brought up so.. why not tell about the exercise that helps??? No need to be embarrassed. It could help someone else.

~~~Cheryl

Tags
incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction, running