Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-22, 08:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 Stretch.

I had my annual physical this morning and DH took the Forester to get the oil changed. We went to see Top Gun Maverick in the afternoon. Great movie if you like flying scenes. We haven't been to a movie since the COVID lock down. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy going once in a while.

Anita, so glad Adelija got home safe and sound. She's quite the international traveler. You're moving fast on the co-op. Glad your financial advisor is comfortable with the arangements. I was surprised at all the newpaperwork I had to sign at the Doctor's Office today. I guess some of the insurance companies have changed their policies and patients were complaining. What it said in short was if they found multiple things on the annual that required a return visit the Insurance companies were requiring a separate visit (and co-pay) for each item or they would not cover. I thought, well if that isn't a money grab I don't know what is. I did have to make an appointment for a mammogram later this month. I do need to get a colonoscopy this year but not until December (yay). We had a parakeet for years, she made more mess than the dog. We left the door of her cage open when we were home so she could crawl around and feel free. She wasn't a good flyer so we weren't worried about her flying out the door. She would ride around the house on the dogs' back holding onto the collar - they were pretty cute.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

No Carcassonne planned for today . I'll be going for a walk, doing more weeding and maybe doing some of that painting. This evening I'll be visiting and having a cookout with some friends. I also have to call the roofing people back - they haven't called me with the contact for the skylight. I did finish reading the 143 pages of legal stuff on the condo also - I do have some questions for them based on that document. Nothing totally stopping me from being interested in that place though.

Paula, glad you enjoyed the Top Gun movie - definitely one to see in a big theater! Yeah, birds can make a mess! I used to have a parakeet as a kid, but had the cockatiels earlier here. The cockatiels would chew on the window trim wood and I remember having to sand that away when I rented. I keep the finches in the cage - no free flight here. I doubt they would get very far being out of shape for flying much . I love the story of your parakeet dog rider .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:48 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday morning, I went to the YMCA with Dad and got a good workout. Yesterday afternoon, we went over to their house for homemade cobbler. Mainly, I wanted to spend some time with them before leaving. When we got home, we discovered a major internet outage - both WIFI and cell service in our area, so nothing on our phones or computers worked except for apps with local data (like my Kindle books). It came back after midnight.

This morning, I'm catching up on computer stuff and doing what is hopefully the last load of laundry before we leave. It's a small light load and DH needed some stuff out of it. This afternoon, I have an in-person training session and I'll probably go to the chiropractor afterwards.

We have a lot of packing to do, but we are in pretty good shape I think. Most of the clothes are packed, but I need to shift some stuff around. Today, I need to get my bathroom stuff and medications together and see what we haven't thought of. I probably also need to help DH with his stuff since he isn't feeling very well today.

Paula - Going to a movie in a movie theatre? I remember doing that! I had hoped to go see the Downton Abbey movie in one, but that didn't work out. I don't know how long it will be in theatres. And the movie you went to see if one that SHOULD be seen on a big screen.

Anita - It sounds like you have the financial structure in place for your move. Now, it's a matter of waiting out the time factor. It's good you heard from Adelija. It sounds like she's reconnecting with family and that's good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Cardio and Body Weight Strength followed by Tamille Floor Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Did a little cleaning and bake two loaves of sourdough bread.

Anita, a cookout with friends sounds like fun, hope you get nice weather for it. Yeah, the Top Gun movie is one to see on the big screen. I enjoyed it so much I may buy the DVD when it comes out. I think most caged birds are poor flyers unless you have a large aviary. My MIL had a large aviary in her back yard and those birds had room to fly around. Hope you can get your questions answered on the co-op.

Laura, sounds like you had one of those busy prep days. I'm thinking about what to pack for our short trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and starting to assemble items. At this point I tend to think the work to get ready for a trip isn't worth it, then we do the trip and I'm glad we went. Of course when we get home there's the unpacking and laundry which always seems to take two days. Just in case you're interested the Downtown Abby movie is still playing in theatres here. It was playing on at least two screens in the theatre we went to.
Old 06-10-22, 06:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on working at the WRC feeding bats and taking care of their garbage, then going for a walk. Then I'll be back to weeding and painting - nap time was good for me yesterday instead. I got a note that I'll be getting an appointment for selecting the co-op apartment soon!

Laura, glad you got some good time in with your parents. Internet outages affect so much more now than before - glad yours is back. Sounds like you're ready to go soon!

Paula, I'm cutting down on buying DVDs as I haven't watched my purchases in decades - still store wrapped in my storage area . I've thought about putting my birds out on my porch (still in their cage), but figure the neighbor cat might attack the cage structure.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-10-22, 08:32 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, we leave tomorrow. Today has been busy putting stuff together and remembering the stuff we had forgotten. Dad's going to come tomorrow morning and help me load the car while DH gets ready. Polly is on DH's lap now and he's explaining to her about our trip and who will come and feed her. She acts like she understands, but she's going to be surprised. I'm tired and ready to go, even if not everything got done.

Paula - Have a great trip. This trip to Huntington is the most complicated we make and this one is even more so because we'll be gone so long. Going on vacation is simpler, although it's still a big job. But there's something about being away that is so nice, even if you pay for it before and after. Now that we are going to Huntington, I'm thinking of where we could go on vacation. I would want to drive and it not be too far.

Anita - That's exciting about the upcoming appointment to select a place! I look forward to hearing about it. I'd be hesitant about putting birds outside now that I know about outside cats. Polly is constantly watching the wild birds and she would love to see a couple on a porch in a cage...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 09:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights followed by some stretching and some walking with DH.

Anita, choosing your co-op unit soon! You are moving fast, once you do that are you locked in? You are so right that when internet goes down it affects so much of our lives it's scary. I don't buy many DVD's any more either. The last one I bought was Ford vs. Ferrari. I do keep a DVD case full of movies and another of exercise DVD's. I keep the movies in case we get another boat, it's nice to have something to watch on the boat in the evening even if it's something you've seen before. I keep the exercise DVD's and I still use a couple of them but mostly I workout with YouTube programs now. But I keep them in a DVD case, just because. Your birds might like it on the porch but you would have to figure out a way to protect them from cats or other predators.
Old 06-11-22, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday was a bit of an activity center - my neighbors looked like they had a party and a van that came popped a tire right in front of my house. Hopefully they got some help changing the tire as they were gone at 2 am when I looked out my window - I felt a bit sorry for them as they were dressed in suits and fancy dresses. Still haven't done my painting...

Today it's having some light rain this morning, but I plan on taking a walk later when it stops. I'm a bit nervous about the co-op appointments as I'm #52 and they're starting on the 20th of June - I'm out of town the 24-28th! I hope I can get in and make my selection before or after this trip. I'll send them an email giving them the dates I'll be gone but still interested! Otherwise today's plans include some painting and vacuuming upstairs.

Laura, bon voyage driving to WV! Polly will be a bit discombobulated with your absence.

Paula, This first step with the co-op is selecting a place and putting down $5000 on it - the full payment comes when they're ready to break ground. The amounts for the units will likely go up when we sign up to reflect the new costs of materials currently. My co-op porch will be screened in so the birds would probably do just fine outside but under a roof on the porch. I'm still keeping my DVD (and VCR) players, but frankly could box them up for my move in a year and a half and wouldn't miss them. I've downsized on my DVDs and VCR tapes, but will still keep ones that aren't played much on TV these days.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-11-22, 08:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs followed by Tamilee Standing Stretch.

Today was my quilt group, so that was fun.

Anita, both our neighbors were having parties last night. I'm just going to take a moment to complain. Our neighbor didn't warn us in advance but all was Ok, managable at least, until the music and dancing started. The bass came through the wall and the floor making vroom vroom vroom sounds throughout our entire home and likely on down the line for hours until he finally turned it off. We asked a neighbor a couple units down from us and they heard it in their unit although not as loudly. The thing is this guy is in his fifties and has a son attending college here who sometimes stays in the condo, the kid is always quiet and considerate, the father never is. I can't help wondering who should be raising who. I'm glad things are still to your liking on the co-op. I hope you can get the deposit back if you change your mind at some point. The screened porch sounds so nice. Both my sister and brother have them in NC and the whole family sprens lots of time relaxing there. I don't have VCR tapes anymore - those I recorded onto DVD at one point. We had a machine that would do that once. We no longer have a VCR player so those are gone forever.

Hope Laura is having a good trip.