Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-29-22, 07:22 PM  
Helen

We're doing it EVERY DAY in MAY - restart? momentum? any reason is cool with us!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

The weather has finally caught up with the season - do YOU need to catch up ?...... with your goals? Join us for DAILY motivation!
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 06:32 AM  
Helen

Had a good start.

Sunday 1st
30min, dog walk, for HER walk to the park, stand around & toss the ball, her HIIT workout
70min, dog walk, for ME non-stop steady state walking
41min, Cathe - LITE - Metabolic Blast - Scrambled Mix 1 (Floor 1st) for buddy

Also did some sewing, gardening, & some school work but weekly hours there kept under 40/wk for the year. THAT is a goal!

Feeling good momentum - and loving the winter coming (remember, we don't get snow or icy roads - just cosiness )
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-02-22, 05:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

Helen: Thanks for getting us started.

I need some goals!!!

Waves to Lili & all reading.

While I'm here:

5/1/2022 Walk 2 miles (that's it!)

Although I had a weekend of functional fitness on Fri., Sat. & part of Sun. Lots of cleaning out and moving things from a basement to a dumpster. We're talking water heaters, air conditioners, carpeting, shevling, etc, etc. Yep. I am strong!

Make it a great day/week/month.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 07:33 AM  
Helen

Monday 2nd
40min, brisk dog walk
71min, Cathe - Hardcore - Low Max and yes, it was HARD - essentially did a quick-march instead of the last blast.

CLEDA
Being able to do that functional stuff, with relative ease, is a BIG reason for continuing to work on fitness. That walk was probably a good way to straighten your back & stretch your legs after the lifting/moving work.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-03-22, 07:21 AM  
Helen

Tuesday
26min, dog walk
21min, Cathe - Hardcore - Core Max - Workout 1 (no equipment)
45min, Cathe - Step Heat - Finished Product x3 Mix

In the Core Max, there were levitation holds. My arms are NOT long enough (or else my bum extends too far beyond my spine!) to reach the floor flat handed. Used the pushup handles - STILL can NOT lift bum & cross legs off the floor. Bum, sure, but the crossed legs? No WAY - I did try - and failed completely.

Step Heat - using chapter menu: warmup, [Combo 1 Finished Product, Combo 2 Finished Product]x3, Cooldown, Stretch. Just did it on 6", as wanted to move a lot, but not work too hard - though DID add all the jumping bits - after Low Max, wanted just a little easier.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-03-22, 08:19 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for starting us off again! What would we do without you? I hope we never have to find out. I vaguely remember trying that cross-legged lifting off the floor move, which I completely failed. I know I decided that my arms must be too short, so you are not alone!
Cleda - you ARE strong! Good job! Functional fitness is a big reason we do this, isn't it?

5/1 - TURD
5/2 - 3.15 miles, 12:28 pace. Same run as last week, only my GPS worked this week. My pace is pretty pathetic, but I'm out there, so I'm happy. I also tacked on some push-ups after my run both weeks. I need to get back to daily push-ups.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 05:18 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: My pace is slower than that, so if yours is pathetic, I have no clue what mine is? (Old lady shuffle?) Most people walk faster than I run. But I'm out there doing it! doggone it ... So I'm glad you are happy about it. And yes! functional fitness *IS* why we do this. I was just mentioning that at work yesterday. May it continue as long as possible.

Helen: I have no idea what those levitation holds are and from your description, don't care to EVER find out! But you tried. I agree on the morning walks I did up at my cousin's. Trust me - I did NOT want to do it. But I knew it would help.

On to me, me and all me.

5/2/2022: Bradley Rose 30 mins. Pop Ride (easing back into it).

5/3/2022: Power Zone endurance ride with Ben Alldis (45 mins.)

I did reach a 175 week streak with Peloton. And yes! I do get my $$ worth out of most of my exercise equipment.

My fitbit dashboard is doing weird things. I wasn't going to mention it (until Helen sent me a message!) Even I was surprised by my "weekly" stats when it said I only got 16,789 steps or something like that. It was actually much higher. My zip doesn't play nicely with any of the syncing stuff. And I guess whatever it syncs with I did not have with me while at my cousin's house!!! Which brings me to: If fitbit doesn't catch all the steps, did I really do them? (much like if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it?!?) Ok, just being silly now. But thanks for checking on me Helen. I am alive and well and actually left the couch (contrary to what Fitbit thinks!) Another reason I don't actively do stepbets. It's a pain to try and get it to always sync (not to mention stressful)

Not much to report. Let us continue through the month. It is going to be a good month.

Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 05-04-22, 09:20 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I am always surprised at my weekly stats on Fitbit when I have several days at zero. Ever since I stopped wearing it to bed, I guess I just don't sync it as often as I should. I used to always check my sleep stats, but it was more frustrating than productive, so I stopped.
Helen - you inspired me to reach for a Cathe!

5/3 - dog walk and weeding
Cathe's Bodyweight and Bands from LITE

Old 05-06-22, 10:22 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/4 - dog walk
5/5 - dog walk and gardening
Firm's Hi Def Sculpt

I was thinking about doing a modified Cathe rotation, went to the first workout and put in the DVD player. Then I read my notes on it (I keep index cards in the DVD case) and it said to roll up my rug. Baxter was already quite comfortable on the rug, ready to watch my form, etc., so I had to pick something else. The Firm was not a great choice, but it was a solid weight workout and I did something.

Old 05-07-22, 03:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oops ... what would Brittney say?

She did it again - getting behind. That will never do .....

5/4/20222: LaneBreak (country - 20 mins.) and 5 mins Emma Core work

5/5/2022: 45 mins. Power Zone endurance

5/6/2022: Row 20 mins, 5 mins. rowing cool down, 45 mins. Power Zone Endurance with Denis, 30 mins. Disney ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. post ride stretch, 10 mins. cde lightweight arms, 5 mins. Core with Emma

I did the Denis power zone ride one year ago (almost to the day!) and ironically? My numbers were identical. Hmmm .... I would have thought I'd be stronger after a year. Oh well. I debated on the FTP test and then thought better.

Lili: the Bradley Rose Disney ride was good. This one is dubbed as a "disney" ride and is recent. Fun!

Waves to Helen!

Have to get to my workout and then work. Will post again soon. Have a great weekend.

Cleda