Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-23, 08:49 AM  
TinaT

Considering an online subscription...ya I know!!

Never, have I been interested in paying for an online workout subscription. But all I seem to be doing lately is rebounding...and all I use is SanFran Fitness. They offer so much content on YouTube, but they also offer more through their paid site.

It would be just under $120.00 for the year. They not only offer rebounding, but weights, stretching, cycling, combinations of all. I love the idea of supporting small business as well. It's just Claire and Scott. They do all the filming themselves and Scott produces some of the music tracks used in the workouts.

Anyway, I thought I needed to share, since I've been so stubborn about dvds only mind set. (yet, I'm not using them).

Anyone else considering or recently added paid online to your workout regiment?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 09:47 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

That is $10 a month which is reasonable, too bad you have to pay it all at once.
Old 03-21-23, 05:57 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
That is $10 a month which is reasonable, too bad you have to pay it all at once.
They do monthly! I have subscribed with them periodically in the past, and they are really great. They also have a great sense of humor…I follow them on Facebook.
Old 03-21-23, 08:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I added Cathe Live a little over a year ago even though I own nearly everything she has released on dvd. I absolutely love it and it seems like such a bargain (same basic price). Enjoy!
Old 03-21-23, 08:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I added Cathe Live a little over a year ago even though I own nearly everything she has released on dvd. I absolutely love it and it seems like such a bargain (same basic price). Enjoy!
i'm thinking of waiting til STS 2.0 drops and then subscribe.

as it is, i have enough Cathe DVDs and I even have an entire set (Lite) that i haven't used yet, bought from VF Roost.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 08:24 PM  
TinaT

Yes, I saw that there was a month to month option. I think they're a great couple and love the variety of rebound options. I'm still thinking it over.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 09:36 AM  
Leonana

I added Jessica Smith’s All Access Pass even though I own 95% of all the videos. I like to work out with my IPad, so streaming is the best for me. I can’t see the tv screen well from the floor, but I can take my IPad down to the floor with me for floor work. I find digital to be more convenient, and always seem to choose that over dvds.
Old 03-22-23, 10:12 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i'm thinking of waiting til STS 2.0 drops and then subscribe.
I’m thinking the same thing. It’s been a while since I’ve subscribed to Cathe, so this will also give me a chance to catch up on some Cathe Lives at the same time.

Leonana, I agree that I find digital so much more convenient, and I find myself choosing streaming or downloads over DVDs/VHS 9 times out of 10.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 06:32 AM  
Rhonda

I have gone to streaming lately. I have had the Peloton app for a few years and really enjoy it.

Now I also have KCM and use it a couple times a week. I was using it more but got beachbody on demand and now doing the fire and flow rotation.

I also have les mills and I start of really well using that but then I don't. I should learn my lesson and not get it again. I won't renew Les Mills.

I still have my DVDs as they have come in handy when internet is down.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:38 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Leonana, I agree that I find digital so much more convenient, and I find myself choosing streaming or downloads over DVDs/VHS 9 times out of 10.
Same here. I have a few older dvds I like to use every once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I still have my DVDs as they have come in handy when internet is down.
That’s what I think about, what if my internet goes down, or for some reason we no longer have it. They are my safety net!

Tags
dvds vs streaming, sanfran, streaming services, streaming vs dvds