Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-21-23, 08:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, generally people in MN get tired of it eventually too. I don't usually wish it gone but I do reach a point where I'm okay with not getting more.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 04:46 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home from AZ a few hours ago. I unloaded the car, texted a little and then took a nap. I'd like some more nap, please! Gotta go walk Cyric and get back into the swing of things. Hubby might be disappointed I'm not cooking tonight but he'll love the cookies I baked to bring home for him. I will go to bed decent tonight and hopefully sleep like a log. The hotel I stayed in Monday night was a dump plus didn't make me feel the safest. Thankfully Cyric was with me but I still slept in my clothes and the TV and one light on. I was up at 5 yesterday to get out of there as soon as I could. Last night was a fabulous room and I slept okay but I stayed up till 11:00 so didn't sleep long enough. The trip takes me like 30 hours so I'm looking forward to doing little to nothing tmrw!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-22-23, 09:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all!

I got a new laptop yesterday so I am back in business! My old PC has timed out for windows support. I am so excited to have access to everything again on my own device.

Hope all is well. Been busy finishing up my FIL's estate (finally - hope to sell the house in April) and getting Mom moved into independent living. She signed the contract last week but of course is hot and cold on the move. She has a deadline, so no choice (or lose her deposit, which she won't want to do).

Workouts for me are hit and miss. We are in a fitness challenge at work, so I do have incentive. I get in some walks and some weights, but it's a struggle.

I am anxious for Cathe's new series. Did anyone else preorder? I am pretty weak at this point in time overall, but I am confident I can modify where needed.

Hope to have a few minutes to catch up this weekend.

Waves to all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, Gibbee! Good to see you. I did preorder Cathe's new set.

Old 03-23-23, 07:17 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I got 4k download. Downloading Cee's PPL program right now! So excited! Did you see her newest 30 minute upper body workout? 3 trisets, 3 sets, 12 reps. Can't wait to try it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 07:27 PM  
Vantreesta

That's great, Gibbee! I haven't actually done any of Cee's workouts yet and have only been interested in the 20 minute ones. I have so many DVDs I try to only use YouTube for things I don't really have. Except I'm a sucker for all the yoga challenges!

Old 03-23-23, 08:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

So good to hear from you Gibbee and glad you got a new laptop. What kind did you get? Glad you finished up your FIL’s estate and are getting your Mom into independent living. Gosh it sounds like you have been very busy as you usually are. I think I will get Cathe’s downloads as I have a new smart TV and I might be almost tech savvy enough now to use it.

Gosh Vannie a trip to Arizona and back! You must be exhausted. And then having to stay in not the nicest hotel. Glad you were safe and had Cyril with you. Hope you get good sleep tonight.

I ran 40 min on the treadmill last night and this evening swam about 35 minutes.
Boy the pool was crowded because all the school swim teams are back and the local synchronized swim team was there too. I still got a lane to myself though. This is the cleanest pool in town.

Hi Jbliff. Are you getting the entire new Cathe series?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 06:42 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 52 minutes on the elliptical + 20 minutes of yoga. Wednesday's workout was a total body superset workout that combines weights with cardio + about 10 minutes of stretching on my own.

Gibbee - Great to hear from you. It sounds like you've been very busy. Yes, I did preorder STS 2.0 on the very last day of the presale. I have yet to try any of Cee's workouts but I was looking at Caroline Girvan. Have you done any of her workouts?

Karjoy - I did order Cathe's whole series. I had been on the fence about it but decided it was probably going to be worth it even if I don't do some of the workouts. I'm still on the fence about the roller workouts but of course I've been pricing the foam rollers just in case .

Vannie - That's too bad you had to stay at that sketchy hotel. Thank goodness you had Cyric with you.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 09:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting today guys. Going to Burn for total body strength in am.

Vannie I’ll have to tell you the story of the hotel we stayed in for a marathon some of us ran a year ago. Tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 12:42 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a total body workout + a walk with DH.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote