Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-18-23, 06:54 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 46 minutes on the elliptical. Thursday's workout was a HiiT total body workout + 20 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - I think my in-laws have Acorn too and they really like it. We finished watching season 1 of Attorney Woo this week. We both loved the show and can't wait for season 2 which unfortunately won't arrive until 2024. You're right about Netflix having so many things to watch. It's almost too much. I don't think I'll be dropping Netflix anytime soon. I can't handle too much violence in movies or TV shows, especially if it's graphic.

Vannie - I hope all is well with you.

Have a great day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 07:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

My workout today was all functional fitness: over an hour of yard work since it was nice and chilly outside and the rain made it easy to pull weeds and move bedding aside. I like to get a good head start on weeding and trimming and mulching before it gets too hot.

Jbliff I think it is Slate online magazine that, once a month, tells you what shows
are coming onto and leaving all the major streaming services including Netflix. Otherwise, as you say it is very easy to get overwhelmed. When I see an update I will try to post a link.

Vannie hope you are having a good weekend. Is your Yoga Sadhana over?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 08:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a total body HiiT workout + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - We've been enjoying the Great British baking show on Netflix. I started a couple of new shows but don't know if I'll be sticking with them. I've been watching TV more and reading less since I got Netflix. Not sure if it's a good thing!

Waves to all. Have a great Sunday.
Old 03-19-23, 08:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 minute swim. It was in the low 50s with a wind chill in the 40s and it was kinda chilly getting in the pool but even colder getting OUT. Once I the water it was not bad. They have nice hot showers thank heaven.

Jbliff I think I have managed a reasonable balance between watching streaming stuff and reading, but certainly not always. Sigh.

Waves to all.
Old 03-20-23, 05:46 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Combat + 15 minutes of pilates.

Karjoy - 50 degree temp seems pretty cold for Florida for late March.

Enjoy the first day of spring!
Old 03-20-23, 07:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie just wondering. Are you starting to get tired of the cold? Does it ever start to wear on you?
Old 03-20-23, 09:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 min treadmill run. Easy and no equipment.
Old 03-21-23, 11:21 AM  
JBliff

Workout yesterday was a walk + total body workout + stretching on my own.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 03-21-23, 07:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjoy View Post
Vannie just wondering. Are you starting to get tired of the cold? Does it ever start to wear on you?
I don't know that I actively get tired of it, but I will say it's nice to not bundle up and put on snowboots to walk when it's over. Mostly I get tired of ice, which we've had a lot of this winter.

My Sadhana was supposed to be done Feb 12 but I don't think I actually finished it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 08:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did Burn for UB and core tonight. We used somewhat lighter weights than usual because it was all smaller muscles. Plus core. Felt great.

Vannie I used to ski in Breckenridge, Co. I skied one year in mid April and the snow pack was still huge. But you could tell the locals were a little tired of it and our lodge shuttle driver said, “Yep I am DONE with winter!”.