Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-23, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Spring 2023

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy spring!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

I have to run to a dr's appt soon. Hope to walk later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-02-23, 05:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Spring? Coulda fooled me!

Today, was a long walk with a friend. It was a bit icy, but I made it back without incident. Yesterday, was yoga class and I did some Cardio with the G-Force. The day before, was day 2 of my new weight commitment. Chalene.

SB- Baladi is belly dancing. That's what they call it here in QC. It's not for me!

Hi Cambet. It took me a long time to make a commitment to some consistent weight work. I only hope I can stick with it for a while at least. Yes, Mexico was a lot of fun! I want to go back.
Old 03-03-23, 09:48 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I have no workouts to report. Wednesday just about did me in (way too much going on; I was up until about 1:30 am finishing work that was technically due by midnight) and yesterday was also a busy day at work, but I took some time to recover after I got home and did not try to add in a workout (in fact, I fell asleep after dinner, so working out was not an option ). Slept very soundly last night. Glad the weekend is upon us.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk and snow shoveling. Thanks for starting the Spring thread; it didn't even occur to me. We are currently in the upper 60s and 70s, but the weather app is showing highs in the 40s and 50s for next week. This crazy weather!

Nora - Great job with your walk, yoga, and other exercise. Are you doing Chalene Extreme (I'm thinking probably so, since I don't recall her having other weight work)? I have the desire to do consistent weight work, but unfortunately lack the time and energy these days.

Hope you both have a great day!
Old 03-03-23, 10:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

Possibly another walk today depending on if I visit my sister or not. If not, possibly some weight work. I do like Lift with Cee on youtube for the 20 minute workouts. I'll see what happens.

NORA, I agree it's not very springlike but it is March so... Good job on your walk and doing some weight work. Ah belly dancing. Not sure that would be a good fit for me either.

CAMBET, I hope you get to relax and regroup this weekend. Your weather this week sounds divine. I mentioned about my itchy ear a few weeks ago and the derm said dry skin, possible psoriasis. Well the ENT confirmed it's dry skin courtesy of aging so it's the ear drops. She prescribed a milder steroid and just for 5 days but she says it's safe. She uses it herself so that's that.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 03-04-23, 11:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Lift with Cee 20 Min. W/O #26

Another good workout with Cee. She uses a lot of the same exercises MR does except heavier weight and less reps. Hmmm.

Waves to CAMBET & NORA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-23, 10:34 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Friday evening I did 2 of Leslie's Mix & Match Walk Blasters 10 Min Mini Walks (Dance Walk & Walk, Kick, and Jab). Made it to 8,690 steps, but didn't have the energy to hit 10,000 before midnight. [I forgot to report that on Wednesday I did a 23 min walk with a coworker. It was a brief walking meeting. ]

Yesterday I moved a lot. I took a 8 min walk to a neighborhood meeting up the street (and 8 min back). I also did about 45 mins of yard work mowing the front lawn and cutting back some bushes. I also did another of Leslie's Mix 10 Min Mini Walks (Brisk & Steady). Made it to over 11,900 steps for the day.

I was reminded of why I stopped buying Leslie's newer workouts. The Walk Blasters are not intense (it looks like the background walkers aren't putting forth much effort) and Leslie is so silly with them (for instance, she pretends she doesn't know what a jab, cross is and needs Nick to instruct her (insert eye roll)). It's like she's trying too hard to connect with the background walkers. I think the idea of the workout is good but the execution leaves something to be desired and in some places Leslie is unnecessarily over the top silly.

My knees have been bothering me a lot. One is still a bit swollen. I put some Arnica gel on them last night and that seems to have helped. I have to remember that I have creams/products here that can probably help and start using them more regularly.

SB - Good job with your walk and Lift with Cee w/o. So interesting about the itchy ear/dry skin in the ear; I don't think I've ever heard of that. At least she was able to prescribe something that you feel more comfortable with. I hope it helps! Well, I returned the Apple Watch. Thanks for helping me think that through; I think you were right when you said something like it didn't make sense to keep an expensive fitness item if I didn't think I was going to use it to the fullest. I think the thing is is that the AW is like having a fitness device merged with the the I-phone, but I already have the phone with me most of the time, so I didn't really need something so similar on my wrist, especially when I mostly wanted it as a fitness tool, which the Fitbit provides and focuses on. I think that the focus of the Fitbit just works better for my needs. AND, my Alta seems to have revived itself and is holding a charge for longer than a day again, so I'm going to stick with it for now. Hope you have a great day!

Waves to Nora!
Old 03-05-23, 10:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Lift with Cee 20 Min. W/O #19

I'm having a little trouble navigating Cee's youtube channel. She doesn't have all the 20 minute workouts grouped together, just 5 on the top of the page. So I've just been using the ones on the top of the page.
Not an ideal situation. I'll have to play around a little more on her channel.
Hoping for a walk today.

CAMBET, nice job getting your steps in.
Wow mowing the lawn already. We're still a good month or 2 away from that yet. Yes Leslie can get a bit cringey at times I agree. LOL. Well I'm glad you made a decision on the AW. You gave it a good try so now you know. Glad the fitbit is behaving too. ETA -- Oh sorry your knees are bothering you. Hope the cream helps.

Yeah the itchy ear is just another thing you can look forward to as you age. LOL. My ENT says she has it and I was talking to a friend and she said Oh Yeah, that happened to me too.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-23, 04:02 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I had to force myself, but I did a Chalene today. Yes Cambet it’s the Charlene extreme ones that I’m doing. I’m not following her program or doing the non-weight ones though. Yesterday was yoga class.

SB is lift with Cee. YouTube thing?
Old 03-06-23, 09:49 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I thought that I keep talking about fitting in weights, so why not just start? So, I did my first Cathe Slow & Heavy Workout: Chest & Back (from that plan I had a while back of doing the basic exercises but following my own pace). Bad move on multiple levels! The weights I started with were too heavy (I thought I could handle 10s for bench presses, but I ended up having to drop down to 8s in the second set of reps), doing 2 sets of 12 reps was too much, and 36 mins in (I had finished chest and some of back and was feeling dread, so I previewed and saw that I still had 4 or 5 more exercises to go ) I could feel that I was overdoing it, so I stopped. Humbling experience; I just started off too ambitious.

But, I did learn from this. There are a lot of threads in GD about weight lifting right now, so I've been reading some of those. I had wanted to do a 3-day split, but I think I'm going to back up and try something else. It seems that 30 mins is about my limit, so I'm thinking about doing KCM's 30 Min to Fitness, Muscle Up/Lift 2B Fit, which has 2 heavy weight workouts. So, then I would just alternate them with some cardio days in between. I'm going to see how this works.

I saw Caroline Girvan and Lift with Cee mentioned in GD. I checked out their workouts, but there's a lot (like you mentioned, SB), and it looks like a lot of their programs are doing a body part a day or they do splits that span several days. I think I'll try the KCM workout and see how it goes.

Yesterday I also did a 10 Min Leslie Walk (Upper Body Blast; she was less silly in this one) and a 10 min Jessica Walk (10 Mins Abs+Arms Walk) just trying to get in some movement and stretch to try to avoid major DOMS today. I do have DOMS, but it's not too bad so far. Made it to over 8,600 steps for the day.

SB - Good job with the Lift with Cee w/o! Yeah, both Cee and Caroline Girvan have so many programs that it can be challenging to navigate their YT channels. I was not thrilled about having to mow the lawn, but the flowering weeds were starting to overtake the yard. My neighbor cut his yard on Saturday also, so with all the warm weather, I guess that's just where we are with pushing back against the weeds, though it's supposed to get colder next week. I'll keep the whole itchy ear thing in my mental roladex, in case I encounter it in the future.

Nora - Great job with getting yourself to do the Chalene. I also have my eye on her as an option if the KCM doesn't work out.

Have a great day!