Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-23, 09:12 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,158

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 10:04 AM  
lynnf

Did my shoulder rehab exercises and, following my own VF personal trainer did the Eleni fit workout. Really enjoyed it. Yesterday as follow up to my annual physical had a lesion removed from my leg. I hadn't thought it was that big a thing, but my doc thought it could be cancerous and removing it was more than I expected, not just scraping, but cutting with stitches that have to come out next week. Wasn't that painful, but more than I had planned for. Also my blood work came back with elevated numbers for creatine and other kidney things. The doctor thinks it's just to watch but DH is worried. Not sure what could be causing this and wondering if any of my migraine meds and preventive meds could be causing problems.

Cynthia, glad the continual weather problems your way weren't too bad. Our weather guys were all upset about them as they say they are coming our way. They say we could get either one inch or 5 inches of rain. Which is somewhat varied.

Diana, congrats on the big shopping haul.

Cheryl, thanks for all your great youtube recs. I really liked the ballet/barre feel of that workout. And it's been a while since the grapevine -- fun to do that one. Glad you are looking to be able to finish your album. It is great to be able to finish up a creative project that you've been working on for a long time. You go, girl!

F1, enjoy your new dvds. It's always fun to break those out. The shoulder is coming along slowly, thanks. Today I tried a harder band for my exercises and it went well. At the PT they test my strength on a machine so hopefully my wattage will improve.

Waves to Linda.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 04:10 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Audrey Koomar's 30-minute low-impact knee-friendly HIIT. I amped it up a little as usual, because she sometimes does just a lower or upper body move, so I would add the other limbs, maybe move a little faster, and march or jog in the 20-second breaks. I liked this one and burned some calories per my tracker. No dread to these workouts! Also walked a lot.

Lynn, glad you liked the workout. Sorry you went through the unexpected trauma of the removal and the bloodwork issues. Please keep us updated--praying for you!

Diana, shopping IS like fishing, lol. I usually don't enjoy it, especially at malls for some reason. I prefer little boutiques that have clothing you don't see every day at reasonable prices. So if you can get a haul of clothes, my hat's off to you.

Cynthia, glad the weather's bark was worse than its bite.

F1Mom, enjoy your new workouts! Thanks for telling me about the juice. DH and DD have been suffering with not feeling great. DH has fatigue and feels like he's coming down with something, and DD is coughing. I don't know where I can find juice like that here, but I miraculously found no-sugar Ocean Spray cranberry juice (cranberries are rarely found here). Lemons and ginger I can get. Maybe I can make something for them!
Old 03-22-23, 05:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 21 day jump start fat burning essentials. To my astonishment, I love this.

Lynn, I see my dermatologist tomorrow for my annual skin check. I hope she won't need a scalpel. I have blood work done every month, mainly for the platelet levels but everything else is checked too. Levels of various things improved when I started drinking more water. 6 glasses a day and they called me dehydrated. I aim for at least 8. My draws lately have been non-fasting, but I learned that I'm supposed to drink water before a fasting blood draw. The phlebotomist told me that, no Dr ever had.

Diana, enjoy your haul. I almost never find things in stores. Shopping on line is my jam.

Cheryl, I hope your family feels better soon. I am always in awe of your creativity and am glad you're able to have studio time.

F1mom, a package from Mary/totalfitness is like a present. Enjoy.

Thinking of Linda and the kitty.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 05:01 AM  
seabliss

I can't work out today because our landlady's sister called me at almost 10 pm last night to say (apologetically) that workers would be coming early this morning to put some new windows in and re-seal the existing windows. They're not here yet, but we're all up and waiting. I will probably get a lot of steps later though.

Diana, I forgot to answer that yes, we're staying in Portugal, or at least in Europe. We can apply for our Portuguese citizenship and EU passport after 5 years (the process takes two additional years) so that we would have dual citizenship in the U.S. and EU, with two passports, and be able to live anywhere in the European Union without any requirements. That includes Western Europe, Ireland, etc. So perhaps someday we would move to another country if we felt like it was a good decision at the time.

Cynthia, I also shop online for whatever I can get, or at least I did in the U.S. It's much less stressful!
Old 03-23-23, 09:51 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have a lot going on today. I have my yearly mammogram and first bone density test.

Steps from yesterday: 6,297

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-23-23, 02:58 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Miss Meow is getting around slowly with no screaming pain. She'll get a new med tomorrow so we'll see if it works. It's supposed to be tasteless. She'll still fight me. Maybe if she can't taste it she won't fight quite as much.

I might use Cubii later. I've been too stressed over my girlie to do anything.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 03:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Denise firming essentials. The leg floorwork w/ ankle weights reminded me of Firm volume I. Thinking of you, F1mom. You don't see those moves in recent workouts but they sure feel effective. Not that I was whimpering for mercy or anything.

Linda, hoping Ms. Meow takes her meds peacefully.

Diana, best wishes for your tests.

Cheryl, hoping the window work isn't too disruptive.

Lynn, thinking of you as I go to the dermatologist.

Later: skin okay except for a minor irritation; got an Rx cream for it.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 06:18 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, yin yoga class (able to go due to spring break) and shoulder rehab.

Cynthia, glad the visit to the dermatologist went well. I am taking your advice and upping the water.

Linda, getting a cat to take meds sounds like no easy task.

Diana, hope all goes well with the mammo and bone scan.

Cheryl, yes, it's easy to amp up Audrey (she spends too much time fixing her clothes during the breaks); how is it going with your landlady? Do you think she will let you stay on in the end or is it too early to tell? Thanks for the kind words. I think I just have a bunch of hopefully small issues going on, but hopefully nothing serious. It just adds up to more worry than usual. Hopefully I can get some of them resolved, but I suspect patience is required, but more acceptance that my body is not going to work as well as it used to as I age.

F1Mom, keep us posted on the new aquisitions.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:58 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

My results are already in my chart. I think the mammogram is clear. I don't completely understand the bone density results since this is a first for me. I'll wait for an explanation from the Dr. and update you then.

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana