Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-22, 11:09 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I like Denise's free workout challenges. I'm currently doing week 3 of a 4-week walking challenge.

Her books have lots of good recipes. My favorite is Tone Your Tummy Type. Years ago, when I was off work recovering from bunion surgery, I cooked every recipe in that book, and some of them are still my favorites.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 11:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Cynthia, where do you find her free workout challenges?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 01:21 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Cynthia, where do you find her free workout challenges?
I'm on her emailing list. Her website is https://www.deniseaustin.com and on the home page, there's a place to enter your email next to Get Denise's FREE newsletters!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 08:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I'm on her emailing list. Her website is https://www.deniseaustin.com and on the home page, there's a place to enter your email next to Get Denise's FREE newsletters!
Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 11:44 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I find myself with a growing appreciation For Denise. Decades ago I was frustrated with her lack/style of cueing especially being an instructor and having the need for cueing drummed in to me.
There was a time Denise had her DVDs in just about every store and it felt like she had the monopoly in Australia and it was hard getting more advanced workouts with the main option Denise. It felt like beginner ground hog day.
Someone suggested her toning on the beach DVD. I loved the athletic, beach side good weights workout with cueing not so important and doing my own counts to have even reps.
I noticed over time her choreography improving and her positivity as genuine. Above all Denise wants everyone to do well.
These days I think of Denise as a spectacular women who has truly lived the fitness lifestyle.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 10:16 AM  
Calistro

I am one of those who has bashed Denise in the past. You will probably find my comments in a few of the past Denise posts. at that time her voice annoyed me, but fast forward 10 years when I needed to tone it down. I ended up aquiring a ton of her workouts and backtracking on what I said.

I respect her knowledge as an instructor. I even did the extralite beginners strength dvd this week. Her voice does not annoy me much these days. I see more pluses than minuses to do her workouts and I did wonder to myself, surely she did not get her physique from doing her own workouts? So the gymnastics makes sense.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 12:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

One would be hard-pressed to find an instructor I haven't bashed over the decades.

The only Denise Austin video I owned was her Stretch & Flex (1989). It was good. I don't think it ever came out on DVD.

Hey, I just found it on YouTube!

Denise Austin Stretch & Flex

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 01:11 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Denise Austin is 65 now...she looks amazing!

I have her old step video from 1991, it's good, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. While I don't have it anymore, I also really enjoyed her Totally Firm workout, which I am sure is on YouTube.

Earlier this year she walked the runway at a Sports Illustrated event in a string bikini! If that is not inspirational, I don't know what is. In that same article her focus is now helping women over 50.

Bravo Denise!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 02:23 PM  
Karla25

I found this workout:Summer Slimmer LA Strength Training Lean, Toned & Totally Fit | LifeFit 360 | Denise Austin There are also other workouts from her LifeFit 360 set on YouTube.
Old 10-30-22, 02:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think I tried one of her workouts once and just wasn't into it, but other than that haven't really had an opinion on her. I had no idea she was a gymnast, and yes, gymnasts (in my opinion) are amongst the strongest athletes. If I were Denise and I somehow came across this thread it would make me very happy. I like to imagine her seeing it and smiling.

Tags
denise austin, dreams - weird, instructor preferences