Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-22, 09:21 AM  
Gams

And - unless something has changed recently- she’s married to Tracy Austin’s brother!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 09:26 AM  
donellda

I love Denise Austin! I was one of the moderators on her forum before they changed it to a more commercial format. I met her back in 2001 and she is very personable and friendly. I still put her workouts in my rotation.
Old 10-28-22, 10:02 AM  
acey

Count me in as someone who likes Denise, and even more so as I get older and have less appetite for puke-in-a-bucket workouts.

I once dreamed she was leading a working in a grocery store in the dairy aisle, chanting "Burn That Butter!"
Old 10-28-22, 10:21 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
We will probably be the only two commenters as she seems to be hated here for some reason!
I've always spoken highly of Denise. She was the first instructor I exercised with when I was a teen in the '90s. I used her videos exclusively for well over a year (twice a day) in 2008-2009 when I got serious about exercising and weight loss. In fact, I worked out with her yesterday.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 10:22 AM  
Gams

I did one of hers the other day and was impressed by the nice stretch at the end.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 06:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks for posting her background in Gymnastics, that is quite impressive! I had no idea. I saw a picture not too long ago of her and her daughter in a bikini for a fitness modelling magazine (I think), they both looked great. I used to find her a bit creepy with her voice intonation and eyes expression, but I tried one of her workouts, and I really enjoyed it, it was fun, and felt good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
I once dreamed she was leading a working in a grocery store in the dairy aisle, chanting "Burn That Butter!"
HA HA HA that was hysterical!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 06:29 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I'm a Denise Austin fan. I have a lot of her Dvds. I like how cheerful she is. She adds a bit of glamour. I find the workouts fun.
Old 10-28-22, 07:20 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Count me in as someone who likes Denise, and even more so as I get older and have less appetite for puke-in-a-bucket workouts.

Lol!!! That is too funny!!!

Thanks to all for all the responses! It’s nice to know I’m not alone in liking Denise and enjoying her workouts!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 08:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
And - unless something has changed recently- she’s married to Tracy Austin’s brother!
Denise's husband Jeff is a sports agent and also played NCAA tennis for the Bruins. He competed professionally also at the US Open and Wimbledon.

I like that Denise uses different backgrounds for her workouts. i've liked her workouts especially Pilates. Her books are pretty good too. She hired Lisa Wheeler to choreograph her workouts from a certain year and thereafter.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 09:31 PM  
Venus

I like Denise Austin.

Her Fat Blasting Yoga was one of my favorites, even when I wasn't so into yoga.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, dreams - weird, instructor preferences