Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-22, 10:42 AM  
Buzzer

Two days rest.. DONE!
Cathe Slow and Heavy Legs and Delts... DONE!

I just couldn't. I just felt like if I did workout, I would suck at it. So I didn't. It was a good two rest days. Although I have been working out for 38 years, I still worry when I don't feel like working out that I will just never feel like it again! I did today though. So I am glad my worst fear wasn't realized!

S&H is kinda tough, kinda not. Quite honestly, the tough part about it is going slow enough. She did 2 counts and 6 counts for each rep. So like 2 counts down, 6 up. It was tough! I kinda "cheated" on lunges, because I didn't keep my back leg back. That hurts my toes, so I always do a step back to lunge, lunge, then step forward. I squeeze my glutes though throughout to makeup for the fact that I am doing a different exercise! I used 15's as my heavy, and I should have gone to 20's. It wasn't that bad. It was kinda boring, and she rested a minute between each set. I used that time to water the plants that I saved from the green house. I have about 10 plants that I moved into my workout room so we can let them grow more. So I arranged them by the window and watered them.

I used Cathe's weights on delts, and it was fine. I don't think I worked too hard on this workout, I kinda went easy on myself. However it was a good workout.

Yesterday we did some running around to various things (violin, karate, then dinner with DH). Today we are going to finish our stuff for CC, and go to CC. It's going to be an OK, kinda easy day!

I hope you guys are doing well! Sorry I keep dropping off. I don't even know why I am. I think I am getting caught up in doing school stuff I forget. I gotta get on that!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 12:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week with Caroline again but because the Epic Heat Day 36 would've been all shoulders (no thanks ) I subbed in a Caroline Iron series workout that covered chest, shoulders, and back (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczV...XkXVM&index=38) because the Epic Heat Friday workout (day 38) is going to be all biceps/triceps. Also, I added half of this tough 12 minute ab workout also from Caroline (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6J...XkXVM&index=39). Ive started trying out 17.5# instead of 15# for shoulders and am able to manage it! Also, I went up to 30# from 25# for renegade rows and pullovers. I had to take some breaks on the pullovers but I am definitely getting stronger! Still not anything close to what she lifts haha.

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer That's too bad about the colorful leaves, we are in full fall bloom here and it's gorgeous!! Of course here I am walking on the treadmill and not outside haha. Spring and fall are the best but also way too short where I live. Winter is coming soon here too, unfortunately.

Oh man I missed your post when you talked about injuring another toe!!! I really hope it isn't broken and it heals up soon. It is shame when one teensy body part makes you unable to do the exercise you want to do.

I get you with lighter intensity cardio. HIIT has been all the rage and I do enjoy doing it (well really finishing it) on Sundays, but with my treadmill walking I barely get my heart rate up at all. But I am still up and moving gently with my body and not sitting, and I think it makes a huge difference. And steady state cardio has gotten a bad rep lately, but it's important to challenge your heart in different ways. Harder is definitely not always better especially as we get older.
Old 10-27-22, 06:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi! we've been going non stop.

we left around noon last friday drove 2 days to cottonwood. Spent the next day at our friend's celebration of life. It was nice to reconnect with old friends. Then day I taught my on line course, then on Tuesday we drove all day to NM. We leave tomorrow.

I've managed to do around 30 min workout every day.

Sat - Classical stretch pain relief.
Sun - move with nichole standing pilates
monday & tuesday - not really sure but did another move with nichole
yesterday - jacquelyn wedding shred barre
today - TA beginner #2 (standing) + 14 ttapp lymphatic drainage

I packed in such a huge hurry I forgot my yoga mat and I didn't want to lay on the floor. it's tough to find 100% standing workouts! and no workout shoes either. I have those things here in Taos but didn't want to pack them. I had to pick up some items that were my dad's so I was trying to conserve space.

I'll try to catch up once home - we head to Santa Fe tomorrow for one night then home to OK. kind of a crazy trip!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 11:53 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up with my leg workout yesterday with Caroline Epic Heat Day 37 (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3F...XkXVM&index=40) no repeats and the time went by quick, and I do have DOMS especially in my glutes today! For a 47 minute workout.

Today was Epic Heat Day 38 biceps and triceps (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCo...XkXVM&index=41) and since I also had plenty of time on my hands today, I did abs too with Caroline (most of this one, 10/13 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNg...XkXVM&index=42) plus a longer warm up with Firm Maximum Cardio for a 69 minute workout! I was very skeptical that I would have the patience-or stamina-to work just my biceps and triceps for about 35 minutes but wow I delivered! The triset structure made the time go fast and I was feeling really strong, was able to use 17.5#, 15#, and 12# but never needed to go down to 10#. I am sure my arms will want to fall off tomorrow

Total body tomorrow and HIIT on Sunday. I only have 2/10 weeks left of Epic Heat and then I am going to have to think about what's next? I am tempted to repeat Heat after taking a deload break, or maybe Iron. I am also hoping that by then Caroline will have returned to youtube, she's been gone about three months now "working on something" and if it's a new system I may try that out we'll see! I am definitely feeling the Caroline though. No trainer burnout at least not yet!

Eventmom Welcome back and that's a lot of terrific workouts to get in while you're on travel!! It is so hard to keep a workout routine while on travel unless you sincerely prioritize it. I thought I would spend this week doing some classical stretch because I'm off and thought I would have more time, but except today it has been so hectic so it didn't work out that way. Maybe around the holidays LOL.

Buzzer waves!
Old 10-29-22, 07:39 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Slow and Heavy Chest and back... DONE!
fast walk on the treadmill in Switzerland.. DONE!

Slow and Heavy I went heavy on my weights. Cathe started with 25's, I started with 20's. She dropped to 20's, then I matched her on weight for the rest of the workout. It was so good! I really felt it! The pushups and planks I did with my hands on my bench. Which was good because after that chest workout, I doubt that even if I could do pushups and planks on the floor, I wouldn't have been able to! It was tough! My wrists don't like the floor anymore.

The treadmill walk was good. I walked fast, and the walk took the treadmill up to 20% grade! There was no way I couldn't hold on with at least one hand, however I was really breathing and sweating. It was a good workout too. The only problem I have with these workouts is they are only 18 minutes. There's a 3 minute warm up in addition to that, as well as a 10 minute cool down. So I workout for about 30 minutes, however only the 18 with the trainer goes by fast. The other 13 minutes I have a white computer screen with a countdown on it, which I can't help but watch. So it goes slow!! HA!

LB and I got lots of school done yesterday. We also watched some History channel shows, which count since they were on what we are studying. It was a good day. Today she finds out what teams she will be on for Westernaires, and we will know how long of a day we will have for the next year of every other Saturdays!

Ebianco: Cathe announced her new workouts are on pre-order! I am probably going to do it. I used to do every Cathe preorder, then they started to get wacky and I stopped (I don't remember what series I thought was kinda wacky). Then, of course, over the years I have regretted it and started slowly getting some of the workouts I missed. I think I stopped after ICE. And it was probably me, not her. I found I wasn't doing her workouts enough to justify every pre-order. Anyhow, I think this one I will again! $119 for all those workouts is a good deal!

Eventmom: I didn't realize you were out of town! I think that's awesome you can do your classes from anywhere. That's what I love about this work from home/zoom thing that Covid gave us... it sure makes people more flexible and still able to work. What a great thing. Safe travels!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-30-22, 11:36 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from yesterday I did Epic Heat Day 39 total body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLX...XkXVM&index=43) and it moved quick which I liked. There were some metabolic type moves towards the end that made it tough. With Firm Volume 6 warm up/cardio and extended stretch was about 60 minutes.

Today I finished up with Epic Heat Day 40 tabata HIIT (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7q...XkXVM&index=44) and to nobody's surprise it was full of burpees haha, but actually it wasn't that bad it mixed in a lot of less intense stuff. Like last week these HIIT workouts are making me feel really invigorated!! With extended warm up and extended stretch was a 58 minute workout.

So Caroline does all of these hip thrusts in her workouts and I've been doing mine using a stability ball (because using my step was a complete no go very uncomfortable and I don't have a sofa in my gym) and my 30# barbell and they feel tough, but I never get DOMS and it seems like other people go WAY heavier on these and I don't feel like I am "getting" it. I am on a Caroline facebook group and a lot of people talked about this booty sprout machine (this one: https://www.bootysprout.com). And I looked on eBay and there was one for sale in my local area! I decided that was a sign and I am going to pick it up today. Conveniently Caroline is starting in with a glute focused workout on Wednesday so I'll be able to put it in action! I'll let you know how it goes!

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer I haven't been following the Cathe preorder that closely but agree $119 seems like a really good deal! I may go ahead an order too! I only got into Cathe after all her sets were released except her recent bands DVDs/equipment package, which I did preorder and I love the bands themselves, the very long skinny ones and the short wide booty loops, lots of applications. I didn't really like the workouts as much and they do have a wacky flair like you were saying, maybe that's what you were thinking of? LOL. But I want to keep supporting instructors that are putting out DVDs, I'm mostly on youtube now BUT I know those workouts could just disappear into thin air any day either from monetizing or anything else. I need to sit down one of these days soon and do some major downloading.
Old 10-30-22, 03:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Friday - barre 3 burner - this dvd lives in Taos I haven't used it much but I liked it.
yesterday - 15 min classical stretches off youtube. We woke up late and had to hurry. we drove from Santa Fe to home
today - Jacquelyn happily ever after barre hiit + dancer barre arms
Jacquelyn got married and did a set of get ready for your wedding workouts - hence the name.

my workout frustration with this trip is that I was all set to do the floor barre workouts I have links to - but in my crazy last minute packing I completely forgot to pack my yoga mat. and the floor was so hard and just no way.

buzzer - we went to AZ for a friend's celebration of life. but I was rushing getting grading for my last class done (like 10:30 pm Thursday). Friday am we packed and took off so it was a bit crazy. Once we knew we were going to AZ we decided to stop at our little house in Taos on the way home. Not exactly on the way home but close enough!

ebianco - I guess I'm weird but not looking for more butt. my clothes are tight enough in that area LOL. I actually stopped doing the Jacquelyn workouts a bit because that area grew too much. I hope you get the results you want!
Old 10-31-22, 02:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

ttapp lympathic walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrlGxejPQDct
then a cs episode.
woke up around 4am finally went back to sleep maybe 6? woke up again at 8:30 with an even worse headache than at 4. that seems to happen alot but do not want to get up at 4am.

waves!
Old 11-01-22, 09:30 AM  
Buzzer

ANOTHER 2 days rest... DONE!
Ran on treadmill through Iberia(?) Portugal.. DONE!

I think I was fighting something. I slept like a champ two nights ago... 10 hours!!! The night before I didn't sleep as well, Sunday and Monday I felt like I was fighting something off. So I skipped those days of working out because of that.

this morning I decided to ditch the walking program I was doing, because I was trying to run the fast walks anyhow. So I looked up a beginning running workout, and did that today. I chose Iberia Portugal because it has ocean and beaches in it, and the trainer looks like someone I might be OK with. I like the men trainers, their voices are less harsh when I am not totally awake doing a workout.

The run was 1 minute walk with 30 seconds of run. I did a 3.3 mph walk, and a 6 mph run. It was good! I really enjoyed it. It went for 30 minutes total, then for the cool down I did a 4.2 mile jog for about 5 minutes, then a 3.4 mile walk for the rest. Overall, I got about 3 miles in, which is great IMO!!

I never got to the bis and tris in slow and heavy, so I am debating if I am going to do that tomorrow or start over again with legs. I don't know.

LB found out what team she is going to be on for Westernaires on Saturday, and it's a team she really wanted!! They carry flags in the shows. She really wanted to carry the flags! However, the downside is that they don't know when we will ride. We will only know our ride times the Wednesday before the ride day. They said they fit this team in to ride whenever there is a gap in the day. So it'll be hard to make plans, since we could ride first ride and have to be there at 5:30am, or we could be last ride and be there until 5:30pm. Or anything in between. We won't know each week until 3 days beforehand. That's frustrating! It's only every other week, so I will try this out and see what happens. LB is excited, I already had our first snag because she got invited to a birthday party the first ride day. I had to RSVP "maybe" and let the Mom know not to pay for LB, and if we can go I'll just pay. That way the Mom isn't out the admission for LB (it's a pool, so not a ton of money I'm sure) if we can't go.

We are expecting more snow on Thursday, so far it's just over 2" they're saying. DH is out of town until Thursday, so hopefully it holds off starting until he's home! While he's out of town, I have lots of cleaning to do! It's easier when he's not here. I am going to clean out his cars

I am liking the treadmill. I have wanted one for a while, and it has taken time to warm up to it since I have to workout when DH is out there working. Plus I am not in running shape, and having it has reminded me of that. Now I am working on it though and working up to it, so I am liking it better! Hopefully it gives me some changes. I see my reflection on the screen, and all I can see is this mound of fat like a chickens gobbler under my chin. That's awful. I never knew how vain I was until I gained weight!!

I'm working on it though, right? That's better than most people can say!

Eventmom: I'm glad you guys got to visit the Taos house! I kinda laughed at the "forgot yoga mat". I do that so much. I usually use a towel, however if the floor is too hard it's not even worth it. I end up with too many aches and pains from the floor instead of my workout!

Ebianco: That's another reason I am probably going to pre-order Cathe, to support those that are still making videos. I think she is a dying breed, sadly. It is easier to do a YouTube, and cheaper I'm sure. I mean, I could download workouts on YouTube and put them on DVD myself, but it just doesn't seem the same. I have been checking out a lot of the workouts you do, and I keep thinking I should download some of those. They look like they are right up my alley! DH is currently flying to kinda your neck of the woods... DC. Hopefully you guys have good weather for him!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-01-22, 04:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn ball gown slim down + cardio then I added on 10 min TA cardio. Rode my horse, then did 14 min resistance stretch

buzzer - glad LB got the team she wanted good for her but I would also find the schedule craziness hard to roll with. We actually had snow (light) while we were in Taos. A bit early but it's nice to see snow on the mountains. I think you were smart to rest on the days you weren't 100% I'm reading that this year's flu is already hitting hard so better safe than sorry.

hi ebianco!

Tags
fitprime just right