Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-22, 10:17 AM  
Vantreesta

Sissy, that sounds like a fantastic wknd you have planned! Enjoy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 07:23 PM  
Vantreesta

The tape came off more easily today so it didn't take nearly as long as I feared. By the time I was able to workout I didn't really feel like it but I did 3 short Yoga With Abi practices anyway. Go me!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-09-22, 02:35 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm neck deep in undecorating! I did a Happy Yoga practice on Monday plus dog walks. Yesterday was blustery and wet all day. We didn't even walk half a mile total! If I hadn't been undecorating I would have made more effort to go btwn rains but now and then it doesn't kill us to miss. I had hoped to have this all done by the time I go to bed tonight but my brain's gonna have to start focusing better to get there! The village was all down and boxed up by yesterday afternoon but it's all the misc new stuff that I have to figure out. But it's kinda fun!

Old 11-09-22, 05:43 PM  
Sissy B

I didn’t decorate outside, but I haven’t started undecorating inside yet. Actually I added two more things to my displays yesterday. DD found an Oz Pop so I put him in the graveyard with Buffy and the other Scoobies. She also ordered me a Thackery Binx Pop so I put him with the singing Sanderson Sisters. I will take my Halloween decorations down soon, but I’m not ready to put up my Christmas decorations yet.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 08:26 PM  
Vantreesta

We hiked 8 1/2 miles today. Temp was around 30 with real feel about 20. It wasn't bad at all except in the wind. Our layers kept us comfy.

Sissy, my aunt got me a Nightmare Before Christmas game with Funko pops, I think, but I haven't opened it yet. I need to do that!

Old 11-18-22, 10:14 AM  
Vantreesta

The trick to cold weather is just dressing right for it. I admit, when it's windy that is a little different story. But the first day I just wore two long sleeve tech shirts, a sweatshirt and a puffy vest. The second day I had to ditch the sweatshirt partway through and the third day I didn't even put the sweatshirt on. It was 24 that day, temp and real feel. The third day was at my favorite hiking place and then we got measurable snow that day so it was pretty close to a perfect birthday! Walks have been short and slow since we got back though, short bc I've been busy and slow bc it's icy.

Mon 11/7 196 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E11 Golden Desert, TV) 1st time
120 minutes (from about 8 hours of undecorating--squatting, crawling, lifting, carrying, stairs)
46 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.91 mi)

Tue 11/8 71 minutes
60 minutes (from about 5 hours of undecorating--squatting, carrying, stairs)
5 minutes (from 1 dog walks .41 mi) rainy & windy most of the day, I was lazy and we were wimpy

Wed 11/9 169 minutes
120 minutes (from about 8 hours of undecorating--squatting, carrying, stairs)
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.62 mi)

Thu 11/10 156 minutes
120 minutes (from about 10 hours of undecorating --squatting, up and down off floor, stairs)
30 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.77 mi)

Fri 11/11 81 minutes
45 minutes (from heavy lifting playing Tetris with tubs in the closet...whew!)
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.32 mi)

Sat 11/12 176 minutes HIKING TRIP
10 minutes (from 1 dog walk .66 mi)
166 minutes (from 8.56 mi hike at WRSP with hubby)

Sun 11/13 125 minutes HIKING TRIP
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
103 minutes (from 5.33 mi hike at KSP with hubby)
10 minutes (from stretching)

Mon 11/14 136 minutes HIKING TRIP
128 minutes from 5.46 mi hike at BRSF with hubby)
8 minutes (from 1 dog walk .5 mi) apparently Cyric only wanted to do his business and not actually go for a walk.

Tue 11/15 40 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.93 mi) skipped last bc working on lefse

Wed 11/16 27 minutes LEFSE MAKING
21 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.47 mi) skipped last, terrible headache again

Thu 11/17 28 minutes LEFSE MAKING
22 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.77 mi) skipped second, making lefse

Old 11-20-22, 11:48 AM  
Sissy B

Still not working out, but I did finally pack up my Halloween decorations yesterday while I was watching college football. DH went up to see DD this weekend so they could tour the new athletic facility and go to the game yesterday. He got home around 11 p.m. last night because he had to go to work today. He’s exhausted but had a great time.

DD is going to my dad and stepmom’s for Thanksgiving and she’ll spend the weekend with them. DH and I are staying home. He’s off on Thursday, but he works through Wednesday so we wouldn’t be able to travel until the last minute and he’s already scheduled for overtime on Sunday night.

Besides grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, this week I have to take my car to get 2 new tires and have the struts replaced. I’m also getting my hair colored and cut on Tuesday. DH’s truck also needs 2 new tires and new shocks.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 01:09 PM  
Vantreesta

'Tis the season for new tires, I guess! Our mechanic told me I should get new ones before the snow but I wasn't expecting measurable snow so early! I will hopefully be getting them early next month. Glad your daughter and husband had a nice wknd together.

I remember my first full-time career job didn't give us off the day after Thanksgiving so I always had to burn a vacation day for it. Always ticked me off bc come on, a lot of people have to travel to spend Thanksgiving with family! Anyway. At least you and DH will be at home together. I'm so thankful my dad lives near my mom's family and that he is still included in all get togethers even though Mom is gone. I mean, they were married for over 40 years so it's not like he's an in-law anymore, he's just family. I would feel awful if he was just home alone though. The first year he was bc it was 2020 covid year but he just wasn't up to any of that yet anyway.

I am having a very hard day missing my mom and mother-in-law. Reliving lots of happy memories that I'm so grateful for but I just miss them both so much.

I was just looking at some Christmas workouts and challenges on YouTube that I'd like to try. I spent so much time on other things the last few months and I really want to get back to working out regularly. The functional fitness stuff is great for my body but it doesn't do the same thing for my mental state as workouts do.

Yesterday I went with my friend to her daughter's first play ever. She is 12 and the play included her age through HS seniors. It was better than I was expecting! I had images of junior high band concerts. From there I went directly to a city an hour away to meet another friend for supper. We hadn't seen each other in a year so had lots to catch up on and stayed till the restaurant closed. Today I need to go get the groceries for Thanksgiving. But I keep picturing the grocery store on the Sunday afternoon before the holiday and honestly am thinking I may just go first thing tmrw morning!

Old 11-26-22, 11:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Took a nap this afternoon and then went for a 3.28 mile walk.

I'm ready to watch some Christmas movies!

Old 11-28-22, 10:01 AM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's from Wed night through yesterday. Got home around 5:30 last night. It was so good to pick up my boy from the kennel! I miss him before we even drop him off. I am so very grateful that he does so well at the kennel given his distrust of most humans. They love him there, and when I paid for the new boarding package yesterday the girl said oh that makes me so happy, it means I get 25 more nights with Cyric! I mostly did Sudoku the whole time we were there. I took my crochet bag but never did any. I know once I find a project and get started I will be drawn back in, but like most things, it's the getting started that's hard! I also did a little workout scheduling/planning but didn't let myself get carried away with it like usual.

I have to go one day and buy and ship my gift for the gift exchange. I also bought a ton of new workouts recently that I need to catalog and make cards for. I'm probably waiting till January to get them all put away since it's going to be a chore putting them in where they belong. I'm determined not to just stick them somewhere so I have a major reorganizing project again in the future.