Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-10-22, 09:30 PM  
Sissy B

I haven't been working out either. DH is on vacation and it has been raining so we have been stuck in the house together.

DD came home yesterday and we went to The Lucky Rabbit today. It's a vintage store about an hour and a half from here that's only open on Saturdays and Sundays. It's really neat. They have great stuff and lots of neat photo ops. We've taken pictures in David & Alexis's room at The Rosebud Motel from Schitt's Creek several times. Today DD and I wore our Scoops Ahoy t-shirts and took pictures with the Demogorgon, in front of the Surfer Boy Pizza van and in Joyce's living room from Stranger Things since we finally watched it this summer. We also took pictures with Michael Myers from Halloween. We got some Stranger Things themed t-shirts and one with a picture of the pumpkin and knife from Halloween that says "Hattiesburg" instead of Halloween (that's where they're located). Now we're all watching college football.

DH goes back to work tomorrow night and DD will be here for a few more days.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 10:16 PM  
Vantreesta

We went to the Ren Fest again today, met our friends there. Up at 5:50 to walk Cyric and get ready then over 12k steps from about 8:30-3:15ish. It was a lot of fun. Always good to see our friends but hubby and I also really enjoy visiting with the vendor friends we've made over the years as well.

Hoping I can be diligent and manage my time better this week as I need to clean and want to workout and decorate and keep working on crafts. Tall order for a girl who sees shiny things at every turn!

Sissy, that vintage store sounds really cool! I love Stranger Things but since we don't have Netflix I have only seen the first two seasons bc my brother bought them on DVD for me. I am looking forward to diving in to some Halloween and horror movies!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-22, 01:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a quick pop in while I take a break from Halloween-ing to eat lunch. It's kind of been a slow start and much delayed bc I was doing the crafts (which I had procrastinated on for fear of messing it up) but I am finally building a village! And much more!

Had PT on Wednesday. She is ramping up my exercises so it will feel more like a workout. Yay! She wants to burn out my glutes and have me sore the next day. Well, I haven't had glute DOMS from that session but my quads and hamstrings are still sore & we didn't even do all the sets and reps!

Busy wknd so I don't know if I'll post again till next week.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-19-22, 01:12 PM  
Sissy B

I'm still not working out (other than a few yoga poses or kettlebell swings here and there), we have been in a state of waiting and change for the past few weeks and it has been hard to get into a routine. My shoulder has also been bothering me the past few days. I think I slept on it wrong the other night.

DD didn't want me to post anything about it until it was official and she had made an announcement on Facebook and Instagram, but she had a job interview in August. She found out about a week and a half ago that she officially got the job (she had an unofficial job offer about a week and a half after the interview but they were waiting on HR to be able to make if official). This means she has to move to another college town about 4 hours away from where she's currently living. So she and DH went up to look at apartments last Thursday, she signed a lease Friday then they went back to the condo and rented a moving truck, finished getting her packed (she started packing as soon as she got the unofficial offer), loaded the truck, and they're on the way to her new apartment today to unload the truck. She starts October 3rd.

We're keeping the condo. Once DH retires, we're planning to move there. We bought it furnished so DD is taking most of the furniture there with her. We did buy a new bed, nightstand and small nightstand/tiny table to furnish our bedroom and DD is leaving the TV that was downstairs, a couple of bookcases, and the kitchen table - her new kitchen has a bar so she is taking a couple of the kitchen chairs. I have been dividing the stuff I have in my kitchen here to take and set up the kitchen there. I have more than enough to be able to do this. Before we move anything else in we're going to go ahead and paint the walls and then we'll probably buy a futon at Costco so we'll have somewhere to sit and watch TV. We repainted the cabinets and trim downstairs when we first bought it.

Once things settle down, I'm hoping to start working out consistently again. And while I don't have access to a rower at the condo, I do have several sets of dumbbells, a kettlebell and a yoga mat, strap and blocks up there along with a few workout DVDs.
Old 09-20-22, 10:35 AM  
Vantreesta

Saturday we drove 2 1/2 hours away to meet my FIL for a flea market and tractor show. Had a nice day even though we forgot to sunscreen and got a little burned. Sunday I went with my friend and her kids to the Ren Fest again. I finally found just the right brown skirt that I have been wanting. Plus, you know, more pretty things I had to buy. Yesterday was all village building, which I think I have done. Today will be all the other things I can put up. The cemetery has to wait a llittle bc hubby will need to mow still. He took half of his comp day yesterday so he was home being amused by my obsession and shaking his head at me. At least I made him smile!

Supposed to be near 90 today then mid-60s tmrw. I am ready for those 60s for sure!

I feel like I have not answered some questions but I don't remember for sure what check in they were in. I think someone asked if I read horror as well. If so, the answer is yes. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are my favorite authors, but I also read murder mysteries. I also listen to horror podcasts. I know someone also asked in one of my check ins if I am adding decorations or starting over. Definitely adding to what I already have! I have to now get creative with storage space.

Okay, I told myself I had 10 min to drink my coffee and it has now been almost 15 so I better run!

Sissy, how exciting for your daughter! I hope she will be very happy in this next phase of life! It's nice that you can keep workout stuff at the condo too.

Old 09-27-22, 11:02 AM  
Sissy B

Thanks, Vantreesta! She's really excited.

Still no workouts to report. We're still handling details to get DD moved. She came home this weekend and we took her car to the mechanic yesterday because it had started making a noise recently and we wanted him to look it over anyway before she moves since she will be traveling for her job. It ended up needing a new control arm so he replaced that and rotated the tires. She's completing some of her online paperwork right now since she doesn't have internet set up at her new apartment yet and she's going to leave this afternoon to officially move into her new apartment. She's going to try and get cable internet installed this week. She meets with HR Thursday morning to finish her onboarding and she starts her new job next Monday.

I love to read. Murder mysteries are my favorite, but I do read a lot of different genres. I have read a few of Stephen King's older books recently - Carrie, The Shining and Doctor Sleep - because of his influence on the writers of Stranger Things.
Old 09-28-22, 11:17 AM  
Vantreesta

I finally worked out yesterday. First time since the 6th! I did an episode of Happy Yoga that was all core focused and not modified with a chair. Then I did Julia Reppel's shoulder and thoracic mobility and PT. I'm supposed to do 2-3 rounds of my PT exercises but could only manage one yesterday. I woke up with major DOMS in my hams, quads and glutes as well as in my shoulders. I'm not sure if the shoulders was all the downward dogs in the yoga practice or this kind of weird exercise in PT. Loving it though!

Temp was 37 when we walked this morning but there was no wind and it was sunny so I actually got too warm in my light layers. It's hard to know how to dress at this time of year during the day. At night I know I need a light jacket since it's dark. Amazing how much difference the sun makes.

Sissy, there's so much to do when preparing for a move and new job like your daughter is doing. It's nice that you're able to help her out, especially when she's probably also a little nervous. Helps to have something comfortable and familiar to hold on to!

I love to read too, but I hardly let myself very often bc I can easily sit and do nothing else. I would like to get into a habit of reading on Sundays. Now that baseball is almost over (for my teams anyway) it might be more likely to happen. A good book, cozy blanket and hot beverage sound like the perfect way to spend Sunday afternoons! That's cool that you're read some of Stephen King's recently. I think my favorite book of his is Bag of Bones. But there are so many good ones!

If you have any interest in sci-fi or supernatural suspense type, you should check out my friend's books. You can get them on Amazon by searching for Claudia Blood. I've read her Relic trilogy and At the Cabin. I need to get her others but just haven't yet. She said you know I have copies I can just give you, right? I told her I'd rather help her sales.

Old 10-05-22, 11:06 AM  
Vantreesta

The month has definitely not started out like I had planned. The wknd was good. We went to a rendezvous on Saturday where I found cute dancing skeleton earrings and some other fun things. Sunday we played D&D with our friends. Monday I woke up feeling rotten and spent the day on the couch dizzy. Yesterday the dizziness wasn't as bad so I was able to do a couple short walks with Cyric but had a bad headache all day and lingering dizziness and fatigue so still laid around on the couch. Today I still have a headache but got up at a more normal time and went for our walk. Other than the headache I feel much better today so I'm trying to get some things done that I was supposed to start on Saturday. I was so sleepy Saturday evening, coupled with allergies acting up, that I dozed off during the baseball game and had no energy to do anything productive. I need to stop looking at the first of the month as anything more than a date on the calendar. I get all motivated that with the new month I will get my act together finally and then stuff like this comes up and I feel defeated. Not a productive way to think for me, apparently!

Old 10-05-22, 08:21 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm feeling totally back to myself tonight. Yay! I felt really ambitious but didn't go crazy getting stuff done. Today was the last regular season game so I pretty much sat and watched from the pregame at 2:30 through the postgame except while I was cooking supper. I already feel like I don't know what to do with myself! I was wandering around feeling lost so we went ahead and walked half an hour early. My Creepy podcast does 31 Days of Horror in Oct so I'll be listening to that on our 3rd walks now that I won't be listening to my Twins. Although I will be following the playoffs and watching and listening when I can. I still didn't workout yet but I did some more spray painting and a little housework.

Old 10-06-22, 12:34 PM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - I know how you feel. I have a habit of thinking there's something magical about starting on the first of the month or the first of the week too. And then when it doesn't happen on that day, it tends to not happen for too long and then I'm waiting to start until the next week or month. That said, this hasn't been my month or my even my week so far either. And now I have the theme song from Friends stuck in my head, "When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year". I have got to get over that way of thinking although today probably isn't going to be my day either.

I'm going up to the condo tomorrow with the dogs. I'll be there for almost a week and a half. The Condo Association meeting is this Sunday and the next weekend DD and I have tickets to the Community Theater's production of Into the Woods so she'll spend the weekend there with me. I'm going to clean the condo - sweep & mop floors, start setting up the kitchen, etc - and do a few other fun things around town while I'm there. I already have a couple of books on hold at the library to pick up when I get there. Although I love my Nook & Kindle, I want to read actual books right now.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and Chicken Salad Chick and got DH stocked up on luncheon meat, cheese, bread, salads and chicken salad. I also made a Turkey, White Bean and Pumpkin chili last night in the Crock~Pot so hopefully he'll have plenty to eat while I'm gone. Plus, there is other stuff here. Tonight starts his 7 day set of night shifts, but he has been working overtime so he has already worked nights last Friday and Saturday. He was off Sunday so we went to Costco and then he worked nights Monday-Wednesday. He's getting his hair cut next Thursday and then he's already scheduled to work day shift overtime next weekend on Friday and Saturday, so he'll basically be working the whole time I'm going to be gone.

Today I'm catching up on laundry and doing a few things around the house. DD also had her online orientation this morning over Zoom where they went over 401ks, insurance, etc. with her so she has been driving me crazy texting me questions all morning. Luckily she doesn't have to submit it until October 30th so she can talk to her dad about it too. She started her new job on Monday and other than this orientation she loves it so far. And today's meeting probably wouldn't have been so bad if they had done it in person instead of over Zoom.