Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-22, 08:51 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
in true vidiot fashion, i read this thread about why people don't like cs, then went to the website and picked out the seasons i want to buy during the next sale.

I've never done any cs, but i'm convinced i'm going to like it.
LOL! I do the same thing!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:10 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
In true vidiot fashion, I read this thread about why people DON'T like CS, then went to the website and picked out the seasons I want to buy during the next sale.

I've never done any CS, but I'm convinced I'm going to like it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Sometimes reading reviews and someone says why they didn't like a workout and I think, "I love that.." and order it.
Old 05-25-22, 04:42 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
In true vidiot fashion, I read this thread about why people DON'T like CS, then went to the website and picked out the seasons I want to buy during the next sale.

I've never done any CS, but I'm convinced I'm going to like it.
Oh this totally tickled me!! YES we do this!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 07:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Sometimes reading reviews and someone says why they didn't like a workout and I think, "I love that.." and order it.
Indeed!! it's music to my ears when I read the "choreography was too easy," or " too repetitive."

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

what's that "Flaming Hypocrite" thread from a few years ago?

color me U Turn. I started a very similar thread like this one. here it is:

anyone dislike classical stretch or essentrics?

basically, i traded my Miranda workouts and kept the Sahra ones.

fast forward a few years later - i got to try a newer stand alone workout by Miranda and it was different.

I listened to the audio versions of Miranda's books. from there, i did lots of VF research and decided to revisit by trading for her Season 4. Miranda's books and Season 4 gave me a better mindset on how pain is quenched with muscle strengthening.

i was able to work through a shoulder injury that lasted for 6 months. there are 2 episodes from Season 4 that were saviors for my pain.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 02:49 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
what's that "Flaming Hypocrite" thread from a few years ago?

color me U Turn. I started a very similar thread like this one. here it is:

anyone dislike classical stretch or essentrics?

basically, i traded my Miranda workouts and kept the Sahra ones.

fast forward a few years later - i got to try a newer stand alone workout by Miranda and it was different.

I listened to the audio versions of Miranda's books. from there, i did lots of VF research and decided to revisit by trading for her Season 4. Miranda's books and Season 4 gave me a better mindset on how pain is quenched with muscle strengthening.

i was able to work through a shoulder injury that lasted for 6 months. there are 2 episodes from Season 4 that were saviors for my pain.
Do you remember which 2 they were by any chance?

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 05-26-22, 01:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Do you remember which 2 they were by any chance?
CS Season 4, #21 was a pure lifesaver for my shoulder joint pain, even though it's designed for the back.

I'll need to check my notes on the other episode in Season 4 that helped.

i can't remember where she says it, but when you encounter pain when doing one of her flowing moves, freeze (hold the pose), and take several deep breaths. imagine your body healing that pain and finding a path to that healing.

this differs from "just work through it" - in the past, i used to just keep doing the move and "tough it out" but that's the wrong way to recover, at least in my experience.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 02:04 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

My Miranda tolerance is low and easily exceeded.
Old 05-26-22, 05:33 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
CS Season 4, #21 was a pure lifesaver for my shoulder joint pain, even though it's designed for the back.

I'll need to check my notes on the other episode in Season 4 that helped.

i can't remember where she says it, but when you encounter pain when doing one of her flowing moves, freeze (hold the pose), and take several deep breaths. imagine your body healing that pain and finding a path to that healing.

this differs from "just work through it" - in the past, i used to just keep doing the move and "tough it out" but that's the wrong way to recover, at least in my experience.
That sounds perfect!! My arms are the main things inflamed and in pain, but it seems to have stemmed (according to surgeon) from a fusion that never healed and is deteriorating down into spine too. I may have to drag this back out and do the whole thing!! i get my block next week, but maybe this can help with healing and inflammation til I can find time to get surgery. Peace love and blessings to you and your family!! (from someone that keeps saying she doesn't end up liking CS, lol)

Old 05-27-22, 01:28 PM  
dnk
VF Supporter

[]
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, essentrics, flaming hypocrite, miranda, miranda esmonde-white