Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-10-22, 06:16 PM  
wendug

Erica- I'll have to try that Chris & Edi workout if you like it so much. I'll probably do it like you do- upper body only. I usually don't do their lower body workouts as there is usually calf work. I guess I could just skip it, but that is a pain to stop and move to the next move. Wow. How spoiled I sound. I remember having to fast forward through VCR tapes back in the day!

You know that feeling when you finish a tough workout and feel really accomplished? Well the workout I did today gave me that feeling. I did DC Fitt- 50 Minute Total Body Strength & Cardio Superset Bootcamp Workout. I lift heavier than Deanna does, but I don't do the moves as fast as she does, either. After the 4th superset I was really breathing heavy, but I pushed through.
Old 12-10-22, 06:36 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - I don't do Chris and Edi's lower body workouts either because they usually have too much floorwork for me. The total body one that I did had upper and lower completely separate so it was easy to do only upper. I found some others of theirs that are the same way so I will do those too.

If there's only some floorwork I will just sub a different move for the floorwork rather than fast forward. If there's too much floorwork I just don't bother with the workout since there's more than enough to choose from.

Today I did the Daniel PT 30 minute INTENSE Dumbbell + Bodyweight LEG Workout | No Repeat again. I did it 1 1/2 times just like last time but this time I started halfway through.

Glad you had a great workout - that is such a good feeling. I haven't done a total body workout in a long time. It would probably wipe me out.

We celebrated winter break with an enormous amount of ice cream for dinner. My daughter was thrilled (it was a surprise and she loves ice cream like I do) but now I'm feeling guilty about all the calories - especially with the holidays coming.

Hope you are both having a great weekend.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-22, 10:08 PM  
gigi

Sorry I've been MIA. You guys are so dedicated to your workouts. No workout Thursday or Friday for me. It was cloudy and rainy all week and even darker than normal on my drive home. It just made me SO tired and unmotivated. Today I did a Cathe Live Warm Up then I did DanielPT Fitness 40 Minute Combination Full Body DB Workout. It was excellent. I followed that with a 10 minute stretch. Then I went to the store to get cookie makings, and went to my Girls Pint Out Book Club Cookie Exchange.

You guys are an inspiration!
Old 12-11-22, 03:28 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi;2984312 You guys are so dedicated to your workouts. No workout Thursday or Friday for me. It was cloudy and rainy all week and even darker than normal on my drive home. It just made me SO tired and unmotivated. Today I did a Cathe Live Warm Up then I did [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h66-PQg4V58"
DanielPT Fitness 40 Minute Combination Full Body DB Workout[/URL]. It was excellent. I followed that with a 10 minute stretch. Then I went to the store to get cookie makings, and went to my Girls Pint Out Book Club Cookie Exchange.

Angela, Hope you had fun at the cookie exchange! Glad you had a good workout.

I'm definitely not an inspiration. I'm a compulsive exerciser. I've had a lifetime of eating disorders/disordered eating and compulsive exercising (including exercise bulimia). I've had several major surgeries in the past few years when I had to stop exercising and I kept vowing to myself that I would fix my compulsive behavior but I just kept going back to it - starting small and then building up to where I am again today.

In addition to the workouts I post here, I do 28 minutes on the heavy bag, 65 minutes on my spin bike, and a 30 minute indoor walk (used to go outside with DH but now the weather isn't great and my depression/anxiety prefers to keep me indoors). Every day. No rest days ever unless we're traveling or I'm sick. Before my foot surgery, I would run for 78 minutes every day (which has been replaced by the spin bike at 65 minutes so I guess I did cut back a bit!).

Even when I was in the hospital after major abdominal surgery, I would walk compulsively once I was able to. The nurses always told me how great I was doing but inside I was upset because I knew it was my compulsive behavior and it wasn't healthy.

So, for me, it's not dedication. It's an unhealthy compulsion. I admire you for being able to listen to your body and take days off.

I'll probably delete this soon because I feel weird about posting it on a public forum.

Erica
Old 12-11-22, 09:30 AM  
buffmama

Hey there,
Although I'm not super chatty, I do so like a good fitness chat and since I'm checking out your workouts I thought I would post. Today I did Caroline Girvan 30 min Constant Cardio, a 60 min pilates workout over at the Trifecta Membership and 5 min of 4-7-8 breathing meditation. I'm doing a Pilates teacher training so have been alternating those workouts with full body and am in the process of adding in more cardio.
How does everyone pick their workouts since it doesn't seem as if you're doing a set 'rotation'?
Old 12-11-22, 01:22 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. You guys are so dedicated to your workouts. No workout Thursday or Friday for me. It was cloudy and rainy all week and even darker than normal on my drive home. It just made me SO tired and unmotivated. Today I did a Cathe Live Warm Up then I did DanielPT Fitness 40 Minute Combination Full Body DB Workout. It was excellent. I followed that with a 10 minute stretch. Then I went to the store to get cookie makings, and went to my Girls Pint Out Book Club Cookie Exchange.

Hi Angela! I go through bouts of dedicated workout sessions, then I also have periods where I don't work out as much. Just gotta listen to your body. How was the cookie exchange? I've been looking over cookie recipes to decide what to bake this year. I mainly give them to neighbors and people I've met while walking my dogs. I'm not involved in any cookie exchange. I end up baking 4 different kinds of cookies, which my dh absolutely loves testing.
Old 12-11-22, 01:27 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hey there,
Although I'm not super chatty, I do so like a good fitness chat and since I'm checking out your workouts I thought I would post. Today I did Caroline Girvan 30 min Constant Cardio, a 60 min pilates workout over at the Trifecta Membership and 5 min of 4-7-8 breathing meditation. I'm doing a Pilates teacher training so have been alternating those workouts with full body and am in the process of adding in more cardio.
How does everyone pick their workouts since it doesn't seem as if you're doing a set 'rotation'?
Hi Buffmama! You are a brave soul to do Caroline's cardio! She is so fit and moves so quickly through her cardio I can't keep up, but I do love her weight work! As far as rotations go, I discovered that I am NOT a rotation person. If I'm forced to do a particular workout in a rotation that I'm not into, I will not want to work out. I just go with what sounds good that day depending on how my body is feeling. I usually have a few workouts in mind that I want to do and decide the day of. It's probably not the best method, but it works for me! Good luck with the pilates teacher training!
Old 12-11-22, 01:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela, Hope you had fun at the cookie exchange! Glad you had a good workout.

I'm definitely not an inspiration. I'm a compulsive exerciser. I've had a lifetime of eating disorders/disordered eating and compulsive exercising (including exercise bulimia). I've had several major surgeries in the past few years when I had to stop exercising and I kept vowing to myself that I would fix my compulsive behavior but I just kept going back to it - starting small and then building up to where I am again today.

In addition to the workouts I post here, I do 28 minutes on the heavy bag, 65 minutes on my spin bike, and a 30 minute indoor walk (used to go outside with DH but now the weather isn't great and my depression/anxiety prefers to keep me indoors). Every day. No rest days ever unless we're traveling or I'm sick. Before my foot surgery, I would run for 78 minutes every day (which has been replaced by the spin bike at 65 minutes so I guess I did cut back a bit!).

Even when I was in the hospital after major abdominal surgery, I would walk compulsively once I was able to. The nurses always told me how great I was doing but inside I was upset because I knew it was my compulsive behavior and it wasn't healthy.

So, for me, it's not dedication. It's an unhealthy compulsion. I admire you for being able to listen to your body and take days off.

I'll probably delete this soon because I feel weird about posting it on a public forum.

Erica
Erica- I just wanted to say (((HUGS))) to you for posting that. I'm sure it was difficult to write that. Your workout schedule sounds like what I did while I was swimming competitively. So many long hours of training in and out of the pool. Lots of athletes train like that. If I don't listen to my body if I feel I'm overtraining I end up getting sick or injuring myself, and I don't want that. I bet that would be hard to overcome if you are used to working out that hard for years- and especially now since you can't run. I'm here to listen if you need to bend an ear, or you can send me a private DM.
Old 12-11-22, 06:07 PM  
wendug

Today I did a good old- school step workout from Stepping Around the World with Marci. It was her Fall Step workout. It was nice to learn the different combos and then repeat from the top as a new combo is learned. My brain needed a workout today, too.
Old 12-11-22, 07:59 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Chris and Edi 40 MIN UPPER BODY BUILD WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS up until the core work and then I did chest/back on my own for a bit. Good workout but wasn't my favorite. I'll probably do it one more time and then be done with it since there are so many other workouts I like better. I like their workouts since I feel like I'm going really heavy and there's enough time during the work periods to get enough reps in.

Hi buffmama! I probably won't be much help since I'm only using youtube for split strength and spin workouts right now. I used to use a variety of cardio workouts but not since my foot surgery. So I just alternate between upper and lower, with upper being either total body or different splits. I usually choose between Caroline, Tiff/Dan, Chris and Edi, or Daniel PT. I try to keep a list of workouts I've done and liked and go back to them if there's nothing new I want to try. I agree with Wendy about Caroline's cardio - it can be brutal and I admire anyone who does it!

Wendy - thank you SO much for your kind words and support. It means a lot. It's really hard because I feel so trapped by my workouts. The exercise/eating issues have truly ruined my life. It's very sad - life is too short to devote so much time and energy into things that really don't matter. But I don't know how to fix it. I've gotten lots of compliments on my dedication to exercise or my body when I'm thin and it always makes me super uncomfortable because it's unhealthy physically and mentally. When I was thinner (pre-op), I had a lot of medical issues that were caused by my being so lean and active but my doctors thought my weight/shape was great and never connected my low weight/body fat with my medical issues. Society is way too focused on being thin! I could never choose my workouts the day of!!! That would give me a nervous breakdown. I'm always all set up a few days ahead and will modify if something new is posted that interests me but I don't think I ever do them the day they are posted. Glad you had a fun step workout!

Oops - I wrote a novel.

Hi Angela!

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts