Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-23, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

That's great that it only took you a couple days to stop craving the sugar. My old doctor once told me to cut down on carbs, mainly sugar. I tried and had no energy for anything. I'm trying to cut back on sugar but not on carbs in general. And I'm trying to increase my protein intake.

I hope your cold goes away soon. Mom used to get them all the time from the kids.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-23, 01:26 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday I did Jill Millers YTU Shoulder Shape Up. I debated tossing into the thrift shop box as quite a few of the exercises are too creative and extreme. There are a couple exercises that I do like and don't have on other dvd's so I'm saving it at this point because of that. Overall, her YTU Quick Fix shoulder segments are much better.

I made a brave decision and got on the scale this morning! My weight is the same as it was in January on same date so thankfully, I haven't gained more. It's still higher than it was last summer by about 5 lbs but I think once I get back to walking and getting outdoors more, it should come off. Sherry, hope your cold goes away quickly! That's great that your sugar cravings have lessened! Vannie, I'm trying to increase my protein intake too. If I eat carbs or sugar, I never feel full and keep wanting more but if I eat some protein, I don't want to eat the other stuff as much. I'm hoping to get back into walking mode sometime this week. We still have to get rid of some drifts from this last storm but the weather is going to be much improved. Waves to MT! Thinking about you!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-23, 06:52 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I've haven't done much in the way of exercising the past few days. My mom(who is 95 yrs old) fell and broke her hip 3 days ago. She had surgery late afternoon yesterday. I talked with her this morning briefly and she seemed in good spirits. Thankfully my sister lives in the area. She will go to a rehab facility soon and hopefully will do well but this was one of those game changing falls. I need to do more exercising to help with this current wave of nervous energy.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 03-16-23, 12:13 AM  
Leonana

Katie, I’m sorry about your mom. I hope she heals well. My sister went through the same thing, but at 85, so your mom did pretty well for her age.

Im over my cold pretty much. Hopefully no more for a long while! I found the Slim in 6 Series at Goodwill and did Tone It Up on Monday. It was pretty good. Yesterday evening I did Beth’s Yin Yoga to Stretch into Sleep. Tonight I did Improved Health 20 Minute Seated Dynamic and Static Stretching
Old 03-16-23, 12:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I'm so sorry about your mom's fall. Praying she will recover well. I totally get the nerves and not feeling like working out. Hugs to you!

Sherry, so glad your cold is gone! Hope it stays gone!

Hope you're doing okay, MT!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-16-23, 06:13 PM  
MathTeacher

Hi Girls, my report from the MRI and x-rays are not great. I have no cartilage in my left hip. I knew it was bad but I didn't realize how bad. I'm not making any hasty decisions. I have a trip planned with my coworkers and retired friends. I am going. I've riding my bike some and doing some hip work.

Katie, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope she is doing well. I have not exercised much lately because of my nerves. I know motion is lotion but if my head is not in it, I just can't.

Sherry, I firmly believe first year teachers get everything that comes through the doors. You'll build up immunity. I was so sick my very first spring break. This is my 26th. I'm ready! Knock wood.

Vannie, I miss your mom. And mine.
Old 03-16-23, 06:20 PM  
Leonana

MT, I’m so sorry about your diagnosis. Do they know what causes it? I think it’s great you are going on the trip, mental health is just as important. It will help to get away, and then you can decide on the best treatment.

Thank you for telling me that about colds! Now I know why my coworkers didn’t get sick when I did, they’ve been working with kids longer. I thought my immune system was shot. Good to know it gets better.

Katie, I had a TMJ appointment today, to check my mouth guard. I have to drive two hours to Tucson, but it’s worth it this office is great. Most of my mouth pain is gone, but I believe it was anxiety related, so I’m working on that. I’m just grateful I don’t need meds and I can live a normal life again. Thanks for all your help in the past. They gave me a sheet of exercises similar to what you gave me.

Thanks Vannie, my colds seem to last a week. Well, I fell off the wagon. Time to cut down on the sweets again! We have friends staying with us. I think it will get better when they get their own place soon. They like sweets!
Old 03-17-23, 09:09 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thank you ladies, for the kind words for my mom. She was admitted to the rehab facility today. One step at a time!

Sherry, I'm glad your cold is gone and your TMJ issues have improved so much along with finding great help. What a long haul. It was that way for me too. I did have a TMJ aggravation over Christmas this year that gave me a scare but it eventually calmed down with the help of some of those exercises. Whew!

MT, wow! Sorry about the report on the left hip. You are wise not to make a hasty decision. Your trip sounds like a great getaway.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 03-21-23, 07:53 PM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...04#post2994104

April thread is up. March really has flown by! My spreadsheet is woefully empty as I haven't been good at all about tracking.

Old 03-22-23, 04:47 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home from AZ a few hours ago. I unloaded the car, texted a little and then took a nap. I'd like some more nap, please! Gotta go walk Cyric and get back into the swing of things. Hubby might be disappointed I'm not cooking tonight but he'll love the cookies I baked to bring home for him. I will go to bed decent tonight and hopefully sleep like a log. The hotel I stayed in Monday night was a dump plus didn't make me feel the safest. Thankfully Cyric was with me but I still slept in my clothes and the TV and one light on. I was up at 5 yesterday to get out of there as soon as I could. Last night was a fabulous room and I slept okay but I stayed up till 11:00 so didn't sleep long enough. The trip takes me like 30 hours so I'm looking forward to doing little to nothing tmrw!