Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-21-23, 07:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a few add-ons. I did get out to walk my dog, I did a 20 min Low Impact routine with Amy/Be Healthy Enough and I did a 15 min Pilates w/ Trifecta/Beth (starting to work my way through her "beginners" calendar).

Today, so far:

Amy/Be Healthy Enough - Upper Body Super Sets - this was a nice straightforward upper body strength workout.

Hope to add on some walking and more Pilates later. Bathroom is being painted today. I hope they wrap up this week - this one has dragged on for a bit longer than the others although it was supposedly the "easier" one - go figure!

Hope everyone has a good day - I'm hoping for one that is more productive than yesterday.....it was hard to stay motivated and focused yesterday - MONDAY.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 11:13 AM  
Leonana

No workouts on Sunday. Yesterday I did Jessica’s Bikini Ready workout. As in Single Sided Strength, she used 10 pounds. I used 8 again. I have some DOMS in my glutes, lots of single leg squats in this one.

I made two playlists of Jessica workouts, about 10 to 25 minutes. One is total and upper body, the other is lower, abs and mobility and stretching. I’m doing them from the oldest to newest, total or upper body strength. The others I thought I might do on days off. It’s kind of fun getting reacquainted with them. I forgot how effective they are. I’m waiting two days in between, that works well for my body to recover.
Old 03-22-23, 07:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a decent length dog walk - my DD is on spring break and it is easier for me to take a longer walk if I have someone to talk to (I suppose I could start listening to music or podcasts). I also did Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Program Day 2 - which was abs and back.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Five Star Fusion - this is her new workout for March. It was a nice one, although nothing really stood out for me - a typical Ellen routine - which is not a bad thing.

Sherry -that sounds like a good plan with Jessica.

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday - at least we made it to mid-week.

I am hoping the bathroom is done by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!!

Donna
Old 03-22-23, 04:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was my regular outdoor walk and the weather was just lovely. We also hiked longer than the usual, so it felt great! Didn't add anything more.

Today I was back on the Namibia treadmill walk, and now only have two more to finish the monthly iFIT challenge.

I've sort of gotten side-tracked with my Jessica rotation, haha!

Donna, congrats on an almost complete new bathroom!

Got an offer on mom's house today...and I countered their offer! It will be nice when this is behind me. I'm trusting God will send the right buyer soon.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie and then in the evening after work I did one of Pahla's walking workouts for some extra activity and Beth/Trifecta Pilates Beginners Series Day 3 - Lower Body.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Latin Dance walk - this was fun! I always enjoy her workouts and the reason I don't do them more is the infamous "this is not enough" feeling I get - my mind tells me I need to do more although I'm not sure if that is true!

Jessica Valent - Gentle Core Workout - I enjoyed this one. I think Jessica's Pilates is more focused on rehab, PT, function and is more athletic while Beth/Trifecta's is more "classical".

Pam - glad you got out to walk/hike yesterday! The weather was nice. We are in for 3 days of rain here....

Waves, Sherry!

Hope everyone has a good day - it is almost Friday.

Donna
Old 03-23-23, 09:53 AM  
Leonana

No workouts Tuesday and Wednesday. I have two recovery days, so I’ll do a strength workout this evening.

We had two rain days, and kids had no recess and were in the cafeteria ten minutes longer. I’m beat! It’s more exhausting trying to keep them behaving without recess. The school is adamant they get two recesses a day (one with their teacher), plus PE a couple of times a week. I really appreciate that.

The rain seems to have cleared up. Temps dropped back down to 40’s-60’s. I can’t believe all the rain we’ve had this winter and spring. Crossing my fingers I survive allergy season!

I had a dental appointment to see about two implants. I have surgery scheduled at the end of April. Nervous but glad to have molars again!

Pam, I’m glad the hike was nice. Good luck on the offer.

Pam, does Pahla’s walking workouts bother you? Not that I’ll do them, but was wondering if they were different.
Old 03-23-23, 07:46 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I went out early for a walk around the neighborhood before it started raining. Then I did my PT exercises. After dinner I did a couple of Jessica's 10 minute workouts (Upper Body & Abs) and her 8 minute mobility stretch from a few months ago.

Sherry, I made playlists of Jessica's shorter youtube workouts about a year ago and it's fun to revisit them. They really come in handy when I'm looking for shorter ones to do. Glad to hear you'll be getting the implants!

Donna, Hope your bathroom is finished this week!

Pam, Good luck with the offer! I'm sure it will be nice to have that behind you.
Old 03-23-23, 09:13 PM  
Leonana

Today was strength day. I mixed it up and did Improved Health How to Build Stronger Bones Strength Training. I’ve done this one before, it’s kind of challenging in its own way. Next strength day is Sunday.

Nice day today, sunny with a cool breeze. It was enjoyable being outside.

wishiwasinhawaii, Jessica’s short workouts are fun to revisit. Sounds like you had a nice combo with the walk, PT exercises and Jessica workouts.
Old 03-23-23, 10:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did another Namibia walk and this whole series has been predominantly endurance based, so very challenging with added egg weights and faster speeds for each session. There's been a couple recovery walks which have been much needed. I can feel my glutes and legs tightening up in all the right places, lol! These egg weights are a great core and arm workout, too!

We might be on the road tomorrow to meet up with some friends, so not sure I'll have time for anything. We'll see...

Thank you for the well wishes everyone! Appreciate it!

Night all!

Current Rotation:
Old 03-23-23, 10:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Pam, I haven’t heard of Namibia. Sand dunes next to the ocean, it looks otherworldly. Sounds like an interesting walk.
One of the walks I did recently, Alex kept referring to it as a "moon" walk. Some of the episodes look like they're from a Sci-Fi movie, the terrain is so barren or the rock formations are unique, because over time the high winds polish the edges so these boulders look so rounded in shape. The dunes are otherworldly, but parts of the land might look like you're just in AZ or on a safari. It has been an interesting series. The last one, I saw giraffes in the preview, so looking forward to that!

Current Rotation: