Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-06, 01:01 PM  
doskymom

I have the originals of all of these (I hoped they will be clearly marked as compilation workouts, so as not to confuse people.) I guess this means the two Matrix workouts are the only new ones with new material. I'm anxious to get them both and curious to see what the walking workout will be like - the other one looks good from the clip at Collage. Of course, I generally love everything by Kathy, with only one or two exceptions.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 01:23 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

From what I could see from the pictures at Amazon, it says on at least one of workouts that they're compilations of "Kathy's Favorites" or something like that.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 02:19 PM  
Alive Again

Body Boomers

I believe this consists of Moving Through Menopause, Shaper Ball Workout and Wellness Mind & Body - Relaxation System.

It looks like Tone Up (my all time favourite) never made it to DVD
Alive Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 03:02 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive Again
I believe this consists of Moving Through Menopause, Shaper Ball Workout and Wellness Mind & Body - Relaxation System.

It looks like Tone Up (my all time favourite) never made it to DVD
Is Tone Up the one that used rubber bands? I rented that one once from the video store. I never did it, though, as it was dated when I rented it. I had some rubber bands, but I never used them--they seemed so much harder than tubing & dynabands. Maybe rubber bands aren't easily available anymore, & that's why it's not been converted (yet?)

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 07:12 PM  
Alive Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P.
Is Tone Up the one that used rubber bands? I rented that one once from the video store. I never did it, though, as it was dated when I rented it. I had some rubber bands, but I never used them--they seemed so much harder than tubing & dynabands. Maybe rubber bands aren't easily available anymore, & that's why it's not been converted (yet?)
Yes it was with the one with rubber bands. They were actually thick standard rubber bands that you would find in an office stationery cupboard! I remember ordering a whole box hundreds of them and they were so cheap. When they got old, I would just get more out of the box. It had a great leg section and it is the only workout on video that actually had knee extensions with resisitance... As you can see, I am rather fond of this one

The workout is pretty old, I think it was released in 1986 (but we got them a "bit" later here in the UK!!!)

Trevor
Alive Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 08:20 PM  
F1mom

They have her first workouts from 1985 on re-release, so maybe at some point this one will be released, too.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 11:38 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P.
The same thing happened to me. I called customer service, & the guy I talked to said, "it looks like we aren't going to carry it at this time" & cancelled my order. Also, if you look up Kathy's Matrix workouts on DDD (which previously had a pre-order & release date on them), they come up as, "this product is not available." I am wondering if the release dates are too flaky & fluctuating for DDD to list them.
this is a major bummer for me....i was planning to order these during the DDD sale. if the status changes, will someone please post about it? thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body boomers, kathy smith compilations, kathy smith tone up, shed the pounds, strong sleek slim