Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-05, 12:07 AM  
homegymmie

Sorry about that! I never thought a single question would turn nasty or sarcastic to some people. I saw a lot of "where's gymratt" threads - thought it's okay to inquire about Debbie since she also handles the "Upcoming Videos" thread anyway

I'm just curious though (not starting an argument), why we can't post a thread inquiring about a person's absence, but we can post a thread congratulating someone or post a thread about a person's surgery or sickness or whatever. It's also singling out a particular VFer, right? Anyway, I'll PM next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy
Let's cool it here and not rehash threads that got closed in the first place. It's not productive.

People disappear from online communities for all sorts of reasons--lives change, circumstances change, committment to fitness changes. Some people come back, others don't, some stay but lurk because they no longer have time to post.

I know VFers are caring and get concerned about fellow members who disappear, but perhaps it's best to just drop the individual a private pm or email if that's a possibility. Singling out an individual member on the board could make that member embarrassed, or still others disappointed that their absence may not have been noticed.

Thanks.
homegymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 04:28 AM  
Debbie M

I am still here!

Hi guys,

Sorry this thread got nasty. Such is life.

I received an email telling me that people were asking where I was, so I came over to say hello!

My life suddenly changed in late February, when I won the first portion of the lawsuit I have been battling for the past two years. Those who know me personally know of the horrible illness I have survived, almost not making it twice. The lawsuit was the hardest thing I have ever been through, and although it was a glorious day when we finally wore them down, there is still a large protion of the claim to settle. I am busier with my lawyer now than ever.

I also became significantly involved in a scientific skincare and lifestyle forum where I used my professional knowledge of chemistry and supplements to help others. I am now being sponsored to start my own forum , which is pretty scary!

I never left VF at all. I posted less on the GF, but still posted once in a while if something was specific. I was still vigilant with the DVD list until the lawsuit win. Then my life just went crazy!

I just posted about a Body Bar deal the week before last in Cheryl's thread.

I feel bad about the DVD list and will get it whipped into shape very soon.

On the fitness front, I have not being doing much, but I sure have been shopping!

Wish list be gone I said!

I have bought everything I could not afford previously with some of the lawsuit $$$.

I was actually going to post something about all the VHS and some DVD that I want to give away to needy VFers, as I don't have the time or patience to sell them individually, and would love to see some VFers that don't have that many workouts benefit.

Ironically, I was also one of the folks to receive the 12 FitPrime and KickButt workouts free of charge. I have not had time to look at them, but will have a look and see if they have improved from the old FitPrimes.

I just got a great deal from Sherry on a compelte package of 2 Smart Bells ( 3 and 6 pounds), 3 Smart Bell DVDs, Body Flex Bar, Body Flex Bar DVD, and Keli's Body Bar DVD. (I already bought Mindy's Power and Grace from her, so I didn't need that one.)

Oh...and I still LOVE Look Great Naked Butt!

BTW: I was not even at VF when Medical Mark was here..LOL

I was traveling in Europe with work and missed the entire time he was a member. I returned to the fallout with the moderator scandal (don't think we have a name for that like "Paulagate" or anything). So, there must have been someone else who "left in a huff" over Medical Mark, as I never even shared a thread with him!

I posted in controversial threads saying that I thought the moderators were out of line, as did many VFers, but that was it for me.

I see that I have a few PMs!!!!!! Sorry to anyone that sent me a PM while I have been preoccupied.

This is a wonderful forum. I sooooooooooo appreciate the tight moderation here after dealing with numerous trolls at the other forum. Oh my!

I may have had my feelings hurt a few times at VF, but people just fight like cats on other forums without anyone ever stepping in.

Thank you to anyone who was kind in this thread, and to anyone who was nasty, I feel bad that you live with such negativity in your heart.

I love you all!

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 04:39 AM  
ooty

Debbie M

Welcome back....you probably don't know me....but I loved your posts...both here and with Stevie W (hey...I visit beauty thread only to hear Stevie..I know zippo about make up).

BTW, I am on VF all the time for the past year atleast, who is this Medical Mark?
Oh don't answer, if it will bring back controversial threads...
That is probably why I don't know, I just don't read such posts.

Glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing a lot of scientific discussions and congrats on law-suit and good luck with everything.

Ooty
ooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 05:02 AM  
Debbie M

Don't ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
BTW, I am on VF all the time for the past year atleast, who is this Medical Mark?
Oh don't answer, if it will bring back controversial threads...
That is probably why I don't know, I just don't read such posts.

Glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing a lot of scientific discussions and congrats on law-suit and good luck with everything.

Ooty
I missed him posting as well, but it was WAY before your time.

I was in Europe 1998-2001, so Medical Mark was at least 4 years ago, but maybe even longer.

Thank you for your kind words.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 06:09 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
Do pillories give longer, leaner muscles? Or am I thinking of the rack?
Well, I've seen those exaggerated claims for the Pillory on QVC like the rest of you have -- but I remain skeptical. I await reports from fellow VFers!

(sorry, couldn't resist )
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 08:50 AM  
gypsygirl64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M

I see that I have a few PMs!!!!!! Sorry to anyone that sent me a PM while I have been preoccupied.

This is a wonderful forum. I sooooooooooo appreciate the tight moderation here after dealing with numerous trolls at the other forum. Oh my!

I may have had my feelings hurt a few times at VF, but people just fight like cats on other forums without anyone ever stepping in.

Thank you to anyone who was kind in this thread, and to anyone who was nasty, I feel bad that you live with such negativity in your heart.

I love you all!

Deb

I am so glad you are OK and so positive. Your knowledge/opinions has been missed.

Laura

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 09:00 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:

BRAVO Debbie!

It takes a real mensch (good human being) to rise above the negativity!

Barb S
who also feels badly for those who get nasty and thinks the world could be a kinder and better place if folks would think before they type
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 09:18 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Debbie, congratulations on winning part of your lawsuit. I've been in a similar situation, so I know how draining it is.

I'm also sorry about mixing up the events here at VF. The MM and the moderator fallout happened close together. Sadly, MM was involved in both.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 10:07 AM  
Lianne
VF Supporter

Quote:
I was in Europe 1998-2001, so Medical Mark was at least 4 years ago, but maybe even longer.
Mark was here in August of 2002 - http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ht=martyr+mark He was a pompous a$$ according to me - a few others seemed to like him. It wasn't what he said, it was how he said it.
Old 04-20-05, 10:27 AM  
doskymom

You can get the Pillory workout cheaper at Wal-Mart than QVC...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, mark henriksen