Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-04, 12:56 PM  
getstrong

I have edited out my prior comment, and apologize for any mis-information that may have been there. I would appreciate others editing out any quotes of that comment. We don't need this here. Special apologies to Clare, and thank you for your kind reminders!

I do not wish to contribute to the sadness many feel.
getstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 02:35 PM  
Tanja

Unhappy I'll miss MUM

It's the only forum I could vent about what bothers me about fitness videos and their instructors.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 02:38 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechickntx
Unbelievable. Are you serious?
not trying to be argumentative, just curious, Dix. I'm surprised to see you here since you said at MUM that you hate this place. So, are you going to be posting here more often, or is this just a temporary thing for you ? I hope you won't hate it here after a while, or do you no longer hate it, after just a couple of days since you stated you hate it here. Just curious. The people here are really nice, so I hope you'll enjoy your time here after all.
lissalaurel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 02:43 PM  
mghorton

Shannon was here because I told her about the thread and sent her the link. That is the only reason.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
mghorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 02:54 PM  
horsemom2

Hi Shannon!

I tried to email you to send you a hug but that Mailer Daemon guy said no way

Hope you are taking care of yourself and hope your spunk and humor bounce back

Barb S
who hopes some displaced MUMsters will give VF a try
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 02:55 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Speaking for myself, but I'm sure the other moderators agree, anyone from MUM is welcome as long as they understand and abide by VF guidelines.

So, no picking on anyone, ya' hear??

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 03:05 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

And thank God, Wendy, and all you mods for VF's guidelines...MUM was certainly a vital and interesting site, but I love VF and YaYa's for the calmer, more peaceful atmosphere. I think Mumsters will find sites like this one a welcome place to settle, or at least take a breather. I really love new and different viewpoints and opinions on workouts...and I think they could only contribute to the discussions around here. So to the Mumsters looking for a little peace and quiet after your loss, welcome aboard.
Old 05-28-04, 03:05 PM  
doskymom

Gee, Clare - First it was my mom and now you. Why do we always have to behave??!?!?!????
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 05:12 PM  
Beth

I'm one of the two-timers who has a special place in her heart for MUM and VF, both for different reasons. I would hate for VF to close down, and likewise I'm very sad that MUM is closing. I know that there is a lot of contraversy over this topic and I don't want to add to it. I just wanted to say that for me, MUM was a good place.

Beth
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 05:31 PM  
dixiechickntx

I won't lie to you, I rarely post here because VF just isn't a fit for me and that's ok. The baord is NOT a fit, the members here are diverse and wonderful; I know many of you from the FF, MUM, YY, LN, etc...... I jsut wanted to see this thread because Melissa pointed it out to me. That;s all. Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. Yes, maybe I sound melodramatic, but I will always love Michael Nile and Sherman.

When I have been down, they have picked me up with cards, gifts, videos (and not the dirt kind either!!), and money out of their own pockets. I have truely lost two people in my life who I would call friends. I am angry and sad. I would welcome these two into my home at any time and feed them, clothe them, shelter their heads from the rain.
Maybe I am dramatic but inside I hurt.
So VF, thanks for letting this thread stay open.

Tags
mark henriksen