Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-02, 11:26 AM  
donnamaria
VF Supporter

first FitPrime video

Hi all,
My last email from Anna Benson mentioned that the first FitPrime vid was scheduled to go out Jan. 31st. I haven't had the time to check their site to see what the scoop is; anyone know if they have been shipped yet? I know that the 2nd tape isn't scheduled to go out 'till March something.

Thanks,
Donna.
donnamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 11:39 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Weights First has been shipped

There are some reviews in the FitPrime forum. Mostly they're from people who live in South Carolina or close by. They said it came UPS Ground which means that I won't see it for a week.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 11:41 AM  
SuzanneM
VF Supporter

Weights First

Yep, Tracie's tape shipped on the 31st and there are some reviews of it on Anna's site. Abs First will be released the middle of March. Here's a link to a review about Weights First.

http://www.fitprime.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=2&t=000474

Please note that I am sitting on my hands trying not to order!!!!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 12:37 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Well, I'm glad I didn't order this one....

I hate the thought of having to do the majority of the exercises all on one side and then switching it over to the other side. I'm one of those people that I prefer to do each exercise for both sides and MOVE on! Doing the exercise on both sides also makes it easier to use only sections of the tape if you want- that way you are not uneven.

There's another reason- if a whole series of exercises are difficult on one side, I'm constantly thinking how I have to do this all over again on the other side!! Yuck, yuck!

I do realize that The Firm has always done some of this- where they do one exercise on one side, do something else, then come back to the other side- but they always seemed to mix things up. This sounds like it overwhelmingly one side and then the other. I'm thinking that I would not pick this tape very often for just this reason.

I'll have to wait for more reviews from people here at VF... or a video viewing at a Chicago Get-Together.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 01:13 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Re: Well, I'm glad I didn't order this one....

I DID order this one, and am disappointed to hear that it is mostly a lower body emphasis. I like total body tapes, I like to work my upper body just as much and as well as my lower, and this was billed as a total body tape. A lower body emphasis is kind of disappointing. Of course, I haven't received it or done it, and my perceptions might be different. Hope so!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 01:14 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I'm a little concerned, too, that this tape is being compared to Lower Body Split, because of the fact that it has very little upper body work in comparison to the lower body exercises. I also like to work my upper and lower body evenly. Unless Susan's (Suzan's) tape is mostly upper body, which would balance things out. I'm definitely looking forward to more reviews on Weights First.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 01:29 PM  
Messe

If mine arrives today...

I'll try to preview it and post something ASAP. I must say that I've read so far about it doesn't arouse my enthusiasm.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 01:51 PM  
DebP.
VF Supporter

New Wts First -- I ordered even though I wasn't planning on it. I think it sounds fab. Wasn't really too impressed with the new Goodtimes Firm clips that I saw on Collage. Initially, I enjoyed SUper Sculpt, Super Card, and the other slew of Firm tapes that came out over the last 2 years but I found that they didn't 'wear' well with me. Old FIrms, on the other hand, still have staying power. I think Anna's tapes are going to be like that. Won't know til I get them of course, but it's just a gut feeling. ALso, as a lefthanded person, I'm GLAD to see the dominant side switch. I think my left side has suffered from always playing second.

DebP.
DebP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 02:05 PM  
SuzanneM
VF Supporter

A VF review

I would like to hear what someone here at VF thinks of this video. I'm also a little disappointed that so much emphasis is put on the lower body, but maybe Suzan's workout will concentrate on the upper body? Hmm.

I think my new Firms have a lot of good leg work in them, so I don't know if I *need* another workout with the same style. These arms are what need work!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-02, 03:25 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

I got mine

I will post later on to give a better idea of the tape, since I only had time to preview part of it (I have to go pick up the kids from school). The workout itself seems good, although I already don't like the ball stuff. I'm not a ball bouncing, ball throwing fan, and it seems awkward. I'm sure that I will like most of the workout, because I know Anna Benson does good stuff and I love Tracie Long. So, this is mostly observations outside the exercises themselves.

That said, here is what I have trouble with, just from the preview. The film is sort of fuzzy. It says it is in SP mode, but it is nowhere near as crisp as other SP tapes I have. It is about the quality of my own camcorder filming (granted, I have a nice camcorder). The editing is very choppy in places and sometimes Tracie's mouth and words don't quite match. Also many times, especially during the beginning, it would have benefitted from a longer shot, because her head is cut off in some shots where it would be helpful to be able to see her whole body. She is breathing very hard in places (which makes me love her all the more!) , but the audio really picks it up. It also sounded like someone was walking around in the background during the introduction. The set is VERY busy, lots of wall art, plants and animal print rugs with a mirror behind and I found that a tad distracting, but that is probably just me, because I really dislike animal prints and jungle type art. Some of the distraction factor is that they are so close on her the whole time. She seems to be working out in a corner and there aren't many longer shots. I guess generally speaking, it was much more amateurish of a video than I would have expected. I think I've been spoiled by the Firm production quality for a long time, but I thought this would be more like that type of video. It seems very homemade.

I'm reserving judgment on it because it isn't fair to make a complete decision based on just previewing. Like I said, I think the workout itself will probably be killer and very innovative. But, with that in mind, if it wasn't Anna Benson and Tracie Long, the quality would be more of an issue with me. I'm not sure I'd keep this homemade of a tape if it was done by anyone else.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, fitprime, mark henriksen, weights first fitprime