Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-02, 12:47 PM  
Colette

full-body weight workout videos

Can anyone suggest an advanced full-body weight workout video. I already have Cathe's MIS, and Power hour. I'm looking for something similar to these two.
Colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 01:21 PM  
elisas
VF Supporter

How about some Firms?

Tough Tape, Tough Tape 2, Super Sculpting, and Firm-Strength are all full-body endurance-type tapes that you can intensify depending on the weights you use. They're fun and effective.

Elisa
elisas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 02:24 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

What about CIA 2102

I think that's the number. It's the one with Shannon Anderson and Alison Boyd (those are the right last names, right?). It's more low weight and high rep than either MIS or Power Hour, IMO, but it always leaves me feeling completely worked out. Also, you might try Body Pump. It's a little shorter than the others, but the music is really great.
Old 01-10-02, 02:30 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Full-body videos

Francesca Gern's Weights II might not be as advanced as you'd like, but it's a good workout. I have her Weights III, but haven't done it yet. When I'm in a serious hurry, I like Kathy Smith's Timesaver: Lift Weights to Lose Weight--warning--Kathy gets way too excited on this tape, given the content (honey, relax, it's only a bicep curl!). I have the feeling that someone told her that she should make a weight training tape "interesting". Christi Taylor's Strength, Balance, and Flexibility is also a pretty good full-body weight training tape.
Mollie F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 02:35 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Mollie, don't you just love it when Kathy gets so excited...

...she clatters her weights together on the floor. Ah, that sound of metal hitting metal. Time Saver Lift Weights... has got to be the most annoying video I do regularly. I just like the sequencing and the timing.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 02:40 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Timesaver

Sharon, I like it when she gets too excited to do the workout and suddenly says "oh, gotta go teach!" and starts harrassing the class. I think that the idea is that she doesn't want to work that hard (haha), but in the context it comes off more as if she just can't stay seated or standing in one place for that long.

The most irritating thing about this tape is that it's really a good workout, but I can't recommend it without warning the unwary.
Mollie F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 02:45 PM  
Messe

Two of the Body Bar series

Have you tried New Body Bar Workout and/or Body Bar Challenge? Both are by Keli Roberts.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 02:59 PM  
Fitnik
VF Supporter

How about some Firms?

Quote:
Originally posted by elisas
Tough Tape, Tough Tape 2, Super Sculpting, and Firm-Strength are all full-body endurance-type tapes that you can intensify depending on the weights you use. They're fun and effective.

Elisa
TT and TT2 have no abs in them though - have always wondered why the Firm omitted to include abs? Maybe something to do with 5DA and More 5DA being released?

I know - I'm a cynic!!

But these are both great tapes - highly recommended!

Fitnik
-----------------------------------------
"When all is said and done, I hope that my legacy will be that I was a survivor, a woman who was her own person and persevered time and time again"

- Vanessa Williams
Fitnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 03:14 PM  
Erica H.

CIA 2102 - Power Bar Training is similar to Power Hour. I also like Firm 3 in 1 Bootcamp a lot!
Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 08:38 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Don't forget to try Tracie Long's FIRM Maximum Body Sculpting - it's a lot like TT2 and Super Sculpting as long as you give it your all... plus it hits the abs too, all in 46 minutes! Also Body Pump covers everything in 40-45 minutes, but some folks say the legs and abs are short-changed. I don't really mind b/c if you really focus in the abs section it gets the job done. And I don't always need to work my legs so hard (the FIRM and Cathe have that covered!) CIA 2102 is looooong though - something like 75 minutes... I just got FIRM Cardio and it supposedly covers everything too (it's designed to be rotated with FIRM Strength) in an hour.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body art, keli roberts, marianne nicolosi, resistance band workouts