Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-18-22, 05:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Advanced Mixed Format with Keli 5/30/22 - 30 minutes;
This was a combination of strength and mobility work using resistance tubing.

Trifecta Pilates - Core Connection Workout (aka Total Pilates Core Workout [or some such name] on YouTube) - 16 minutes
Boy can I tell I haven't been doing any pilates work. Sheesh! I lose core strength faster than anything.

Dana - Glad you are having a break in the heat! We are too, but it's supposed to be back in the mid to upper 90s next week.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I squeezed in:

Ellen - Align & Shine
Trifecta Pilates - Total Mobility Routine

Carol - I signed up for Trifecta for the $7. I like that she is including some other types of workouts w/ weights. I am not quite sure how I'm going to use my month long membership yet. I have one more week on Jessica's rotation and i do want to finish that - so maybe add ons from Trifecta and then I have to decide how to use it! She does have some nice programs. And there is the monthly calendar to follow. I like the sound of some of the Silver & Fit workouts you are doing so I'm going to have to make myself a playlist!

Dana - we are getting a break from the heat too - it was actually autumnal yesterday! It is amazing how a sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits takes such a toll on us. I am far from perfect and I do sit too much - but I am in a lot better shape than many people my age and I credit it to a long history of exercise and at least an attempt at eating healthy.

waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 02:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

CS S11E11 - Spine Strengthening - 23min
CS Psoas, IT and Hamstrings (?) - 14 min

I strayed again from my Back and Posture Challenge. Early this morning I got sucked into watching the tail end of S11E11 on PBS and it had these wonderful IT band and spine stretches that I've decided to do that episode today instead of S14E7.

Yesterday, I ended up taking an almost 5 mile walk by the river. It was a beautiful day. Tomorrow we're back to 90s but hopefully, I can go out early enough to take another walk before it gets hot.

Waves to all!
Old 06-19-22, 06:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Walk - 30 minutes, no dogs
Silver & Fit - Take It Outdoors: Mindful Movement with Stacey Lei 5/28/22 - 30 minutes;
This workout was filmed in the Rocky Mountains somewhere - I think Stacey lives in Denver, so probably somewhere around there. Lots of pine trees and mountains. The workout itself was a mixture of range of motion exercises and balance exercises. It was one of those sneaky ones, because I had definitely worked up a sweat by the end.

Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Back Workout - 15 minutes
This is Day 2 of Beth's 7 Day Pilates series. Abs and back, just like it says.

Donna - I am following Beth's beginner program for now. It's just those 7 beginner pilates series workouts in various combinations. Once I'm back into the pilates groove, I will do some of her easier workouts.

Dana - Glad your weather has improved!

Carol
Old 06-20-22, 07:26 AM  
buffmama

Dropping in to say that I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the Trifecta membership and to ask how her offerings are in the 30 minute range?
Old 06-20-22, 07:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E7 - Back Pain Relief - 23min. Went straight to my favorites.
21DF Total Body Cardio Fix - 30min. Light weights are used here.

Started my 2nd week of 21Day Fix and I'm actually looking forward to each day's workout. I've surprised myself that I'm able to stick to a rotation for a full week. OK, I skipped Yoga Fix and did some CS instead. No matter how much I try to like yoga, I'm just not a yogini and never will be. Maybe I should at least preview it because who knows? Autum's twist on regular yoga may actually surprise me and I may like it.

I'm about to go for my walk by the river before it hits 90s again today.

Waves to all!
Old 06-20-22, 01:47 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Our guest left late this morning, so I got back on track with my workouts:

Jessica Smith - Split Session Strength - Lower Body - Full confession, I was dreading this one. And it is a long one - 48 minutes. It was the hardest one for me from this set of workouts - but it wasn't as bad a I feared. It used some gliding discs, a step, a chair, and for me, light weights. The first "set" you repeat 3X which was a bit overkill for me, the other 2 "sets" just repeated twice. This is not one I can see myself going heavy with - there is a lot of work in the dreaded hip hinge position - and while I see that it is a functional move it is also one that can be tricky to execute. I do wish this workout was chaptered, so that there would be an easy way to skip an extra set if you wanted to - I know there is always fast forward, but it is easier to skip to a chapter! All this being said, I didn't hate the workout at all and I can see how it can definitely build some functional strength and stability. it will be one that I will have to talk myself into doing, however, due to the length and the repetition. I still liked it better than some of Jessica's other lower body workouts which tended to tweak my back. I'm not sure why this one didn't - I will say in general, my back is doing much better these days - (not sure why! LOL!) and it is also probably the pacing - it doesn't move at break neck speed and it is easy to go at your own pace and just do fewer reps.

If I can talk myself into it - Upper Body is on for tomorrow!!

I added on Trifecta Pilates - Core Connection Class (15 min) and Pilates Deep Breathing (5 min).

Oh - I also walked my Golden - but it was a slow walk...

Carol - I think I'm following the same plan - I picked one from her "Foundations" series and one from her "Beginners" series. I will mix those in w/ Jessica this week and then see where I go from there.

Buffmama - Beth's stuff on her paid site is very much like what is on her You Tube channel. I think she posts much of what is on her paid site on You tube - although she does have some exclusive content as well as monthly calendars and various programs. My challenge w/ her stuff is that I like to do a variety of workouts and it is hard for me to focus on just one thing. And I feel there is a level of commitment w/ her stuff - for some reason - plus her site is pricey at $30 a month - the $7 special lured me in. I do think if I stuck w/ her stuff I'd get good at Pilates.

Dana - very nice workouts! I am on week 4 of Jessica's rotation - although I did substitute here and there. Seems to be the only way for me to complete a rotation, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 06-20-22, 07:42 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 6/8/22 - 30 minutes

I got home from work late - the boss's first day back in the building - and didn't really want to do anything, but I had Madeleine's cardio scheduled so I went ahead and did it after supper. I am not a cardio lover, but I do find Madeleine's cardio workouts bearable. This one was add on style. It's already 7:30 so I doubt that I will get any pilates done tonight.

Buffmama - Beth lists these workouts by length -

5 minutes - 7
10 minutes 48
15 minutes - 78
20 minutes - 55
25 minutes - 53
30 minutes - 47
35 minutes - 19
40 minutes - 23
45 minutes - 21
50 minutes - 17
55 minutes - 12
60 minutes or longer - 18

Hope that helps ~

Carol
Old 06-21-22, 07:22 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Buffmama - Beth lists these workouts by length -

5 minutes - 7
10 minutes 48
15 minutes - 78
20 minutes - 55
25 minutes - 53
30 minutes - 47
35 minutes - 19
40 minutes - 23
45 minutes - 21
50 minutes - 17
55 minutes - 12
60 minutes or longer - 18

Hope that helps ~

Carol
Thank you Carol and Donna. Now I don't feel like I've missed out as much.
Old 06-21-22, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica - Split Strength Sessions - Upper Body- I liked this one! I tend not enjoy splits as much but this one was good - it had a lot of different exercises, a focus on posture and function - like all of the workouts in this series.

I am planning some Pilates later and maybe some steps/walking....

buffmama - Trifecta Pilates is a nice site, but I think it is geared more for people who want to focus on Pilates - at least that is my sense of it - that is the way I would use it, anyway. I do like her practices, but overall, for me, $30/month is too much! Although if I decided to make Pilates my focus, I would probably use it quite a bit!

Carol - nice job w/ Silver & Fit - I enjoy Madeleine's cardio, too. I have to figure out what to do after this week of Jessica's rotation ---- I like it - but I also know I'm neglecting my CS in this rotation.....there are only so many hours in a day!

waves, everyone ---

Donna