Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-22, 11:33 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I started Monday with a stomach bug or food poisoning. Either way, not a fun time. I’m better but not 100%. I’m hoping to do a workout Thursday.

Donna, yay on getting the workouts!!

Dana, that back workout sounds amazing! Where did you get your gliders? I’m probably going to check Amazon but wondered if there is a better place.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 10:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My bathroom is done!! It looks great and the whole process went smoothly. He is coming back in July to do my hall bath.

This morning I did:

Essentrics - 10 Day Core & Glute Challenge - Live workout from 5/20 w/ Meg. I only had time for the standing and barre. I will try to get the floor work in later along w/ something else if I can later today.

Work is crazier than usual. And I still don't have my offer letter. I'm going to say something tomorrow - a week is long enough to wait.

If I get my DVDs by Monday, I think I'm going to give the rotation a go, I should be able to complete it (the 4 week version) before my second round of bathroom remodeling starts.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 12:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

No workout as of yet. Had to run some errands this morning which included getting our 2nd booster (4th shot) at Sam's Club. I haven't had any side effects from the first 3 and I don't expect any from this one either.

Donna, I'm glad your bathroom remodel looks great and that you're happy with it.

Brenda, I got my disks years ago at Walmart. They're Gold's gym gliders and I know I paid very little for them. You can also find them on Amazon but they're more expensive than I paid for mine. There's quite a few that are listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/32458955232...3ABFBM5I7rl6Bg

Carol, is today your last day of school year? Congrats, you've made it!

Waves to Linda!
Old 05-26-22, 06:49 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just a 35 minute walk today. I got home and wanted some sunshine and fresh air.

Tomorrow is a work day for staff - I will be super busy making decisions on whose report cards get held (for payment of outstanding balances) and whose get mailed. I have next week off and am looking forward to it!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 07:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda I bought discs at TJ Maxx for $5 and they've worked well.

Carol days off close..woohoo!

Donna good for you! We're still working through on how to cheaply replace a vanity top.

Dana we've had several days in a row of rain and gray days..my plants are so happy!!

I have done the Self Ellen workouts this week and not sure what I'll do today.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:17 PM  
donnamp

I did something I haven't done in a long time - a Pahla B. Workout. I thought I would take a chance and see how it went - I did one that was weights only - it was from 5/23/2022. I enjoyed it.

I hope I can go back to doing her workouts some of the time - they are like comfort food to me for some reason.

Maybe I can do her weight workouts... we'll see. If my back starts talkin' to me I'll have to quit her again.

So glad it is coming to an end, Carol!

Linda, nothing in home improvement is cheap...ugh....but our renovation was much needed and as painless as could be when you have people in your house disrupting your routine.

waves,

Donna
Old 05-27-22, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was very tempted to do another Pahla B workout this morning, but I talked myself out of it. I am finally relatively pain free and I really don't want to trigger anything. I do think I may be able to do her weight workouts - I think it is her cardio workouts that do me in and I'm not sure why - there are some of the same moves in other workouts I do - so I am not sure what it is exactly about her combos that irritate my body so much. But, I do think her weights only workouts can work for me....so small doses.

Anyway, today I did:

Lively Ladies - Boost Metabolism w/ Body Weight Exercises (from 5/23/22). Lively Ladies is my other "comfort food" workout style. It is not all that different from Pahla but it doesn't bother my back or hip. Very odd! Maybe it is the pacing or the sequencing? Oh well....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Root Chakra Yoga from 5/23

I pre-ordered Kassandra's book when I ordered Jessica's set.

Not much else going on - I am looking forward to the long weekend and I'm going to try my best NOT to work this weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

Donna
Old 05-27-22, 03:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

No workout to report.

Last night I slept unusually hard, but woke up feeling very drained and tired this morning. No fever but achy and tired. I assume it was from the 2nd booster shot - which surprised me because I've had no effects from any of the other 3 shots. Fortunately, I didn't have to go to the office today and was able to sleep most of the day. I'm feeling much better right now. I have Food Paradise playing in the background, and the food is beginning to look very good to me. I guess I'm on the mend.

I'll check in tomorrow! Waves to all!
Old 05-27-22, 05:05 PM  
donnamp

Feel better, Dana!

I was sick with the 2nd shot and the 1st booster - like fever, chills, in bed kinda sick. I haven't gotten the 2nd booster yet - although the health department leaves VMs on my cell every week....reminding me to get it.

Donna
Old 05-27-22, 07:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

The 2nd booster made me sick as well. Not nearly as bad as the second shot did, but more than the 1st booster did.

I got home about 4 today and am thrilled to have a week off. We ate out tonight to celebrate - actually "in" a restaurant. The reality is we ate out on the east side porch of the restaurant, which allowed us to feel much safer than we would have inside and to allow the loud music inside. Definitely a win win. It was hot - in the 90s - but we were in the shade and the wind was a blowing, so it wasn't too bad.

No workout today, I promise I will get back at it tomorrow.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote