Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-22, 03:07 PM  
MARIKA

lreidgreen I have so many sets of DB's when I do these. I do agree getting into bridge position is challenging.
Old 10-09-22, 05:27 AM  
ChelePA

New Workout

In the intro she explains why she’s been missing in action. Sounds like she’s working on a new project. Also very excited because she hit 2 million followers on YouTube.

20 MIN DUMBBELL FULL BODY WORKOUT: https://youtu.be/icoe6C2E-aY

A perfect no repeat full body workout involves compound movements that affect many muscles within each rep!

This session will place quads, hamstrings, glutes, shoulders, back and chest under load. The biceps & triceps, core and abdominal muscles are all required to assist in performing these movements.

All you will need for this workout is some weights and your mat!

The dumbbells I am using for your reference are 2 x 15kg each for most of the workout. Towards the end, I will also use 2 x 7.5kg dumbbells for the shoulders and abs portion!

The timer will be on for 40 seconds per exercise, followed by 20 seconds of rest for most of this session. However, the abs & core specific at the end is simply 60 seconds in duration, each with no clear rest in between the two last exercises.

This is a great, shorter duration and efficient session to work all the major muscle groups in the body to promote muscle building.

Perfect for regularly returning when you have 20 minutes and want a solid full body session.

I hope you treat each set with intensity and intention…and you’ll have a super session!

Cx

#carolinegirvan #carolinegirvanfitness #dumbbellworkout #fullbody #fullbodyworkout #homeworkout #20minworkout
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 11:46 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Thank you for this thread. I started CG Iron in Jan after reading it and LOVE it so much. I have been working out for 40 years and this is the best program I have ever done. I am a hard gainer and Firm and KCM were too fast to make much progress. Finally putting on muscle and able to lift heavier than I have in many years. Never been able to get shoulder presses over 5-8 lbs dumbells and now doing multiple sets with 2 10's! After a few weeks of Iron, maxed out my DB's and KB's and had to load my neglected barbell for rows and DL's. On week 6 and plan to do again.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 02:13 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Maybe I should try her workouts, but I have so many dvds, that I feel guilty when I don't use them.
Old 02-16-23, 09:32 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

LOVE her!

Thanks for sharing!

So far I've done Caroline's Iron Series, Tempo Series and am 2 workouts away from finishing the Fuel Series.

I think I am converted to shorter workouts because of her! She gets so much done in 30 minutes, leaving me plenty of time for some yoga/mobility work.

I highly recommend trying her workouts if you want to get stronger.

I think the only thing that might need to change for some people is her emphasis on bent over rows and bent over rear delt flys.

A chest supported row might be easier on the lower back if that's an issue for you. Having said that I think my lower back is much stronger now for having followed along as presented.

Also, the Fuel series has kicked my cardio level up quite a bit. The mixing in of cardio with heavy strength is tough but pays off for sure!

YMMV!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 04:48 PM  
Garrie A.

I like Caroline's workouts, with the fact that she has isolated glute/hamstring days (as I want a bigger butt) and that most of her upper body workouts focus on the larger muscle groups (chest, back, shoulders).

My biggest beef about her is that she has a fetish for renegade rows in many of the back workouts. To me they are more of a core exercise than a back exercise (as IMHO you can't go heavy enough to challenge the back muscles in a renegade row). I'll $uck it up and do them, even though I hate every second of doing them. The only way I do them is putting the dumbbells on a high step rather than the floor, as this takes the pressure off of my wrists and hands but still keeps the load on the core. Or, if I do them on the floor, I will wear lifting gloves (the ONLY exercise where I will wear lifting gloves).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 07:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I like Caroline's workouts, with the fact that she has isolated glute/hamstring days (as I want a bigger butt) and that most of her upper body workouts focus on the larger muscle groups (chest, back, shoulders).

My biggest beef about her is that she has a fetish for renegade rows in many of the back workouts. To me they are more of a core exercise than a back exercise (as IMHO you can't go heavy enough to challenge the back muscles in a renegade row). I'll $uck it up and do them, even though I hate every second of doing them. The only way I do them is putting the dumbbells on a high step rather than the floor, as this takes the pressure off of my wrists and hands but still keeps the load on the core. Or, if I do them on the floor, I will wear lifting gloves (the ONLY exercise where I will wear lifting gloves).
Garrie, I know what you mean about the renegade rows.... I just do regular rows when she does them.
Old 02-17-23, 09:51 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Not too many renegades in iron. Also Not much dedicated ab/core work but still seeing progress. Heavy weights magic.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 11:29 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Maybe I should try her workouts, but I have so many dvds, that I feel guilty when I don't use them.
I don't feel guilty bc I figured I already get my money's worth on them. Imagine paying for a gym membership. They are sooo expensive. And not flexible to your schedule... imagine that!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 12:13 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post

Lol! I used to loathe Renegade Rows! But after doing them a while and getting better at them, I don't mind them as much.

Tags
caroline girvan, girvan, peripheral heart action, youtube channels, youtube instructors