Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-22, 07:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna glad to hear your golden handled the tooth issues well

Carol plenty of great bball tourney watching still ahead of me this evening...how about you?

Dana hope you're having a great weekend.

Today was more 10 MS yoga, kettlebells, Body groove dance your heart out series 3 and Stretch Max band stretch.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 09:56 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good evening!

I went to the office today and worked for a few hours. I didn't work out because I woke up late (darn DST!) and for me, if I don't get my workout in first thing early morning, it doesn't get done. This DST and the prolonged daylight has me dragging my tail and I'm hating it.

My WW tracking efforts and motivation have fizzled out and I just don't seem to care about it anymore. BUT, I have 2 more months left on my "special", so I'm sticking with the program and hope I get my mojo back and lose at least couple of more pounds. The program works but only if you work it. I think I'm in the "not working it" mode now.

I miss not seeing the picture of my beautiful Oliver in my avatar. I guess I should drag out my CC and renew the support for VF. Why is everything so much effort for me nowadays? I blame DST for that!
Old 03-21-22, 10:50 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

This work week is off to a rousing start...not in a good way, LOL!

But, what can you do!

This morning I did:

Jenny Ford - Checkout Workout - Total Body - this was just straightforward weight work - nothing unusual, your run of the mill exercises w/ weights for upper and lower body. I do like Jenny though - she has a great personality and this one was low dread. Diehard weight fans would probably be looking for more, but for me, it was just right!

I hope to get outside to walk today and maybe get a stretch in or some yoga or something!

Dana - I hear you on the DST - I have not been able to get to sleep or wake up at my normal times since we messed with the clock. I also have other issues going on, like my elderly dog needing to go out, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 02:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I just got back from an hour-long brisk walk by the river in one of our nearby parks. Sunny day and 72F. The walk outside was really good for my soul and got my blood flowing. That will be the extent of my exercise for today. Waves to all!
Old 03-21-22, 02:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna and Dana sorry the change is interfering with your sleep :-(

Today has been mobility and kettlebells.. probably not much time for anything for much else.Tonight is GAMEDAYYYY

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 08:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies -

Monday's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - 30 Minute Total Boy Strength

Pretty straight forward weight work - about half standing and half floor work.

We had thunderstorms last night on the drive home from work, and then a Blizzard Warning which began at 7 PM. It was a wild weather day, even by our standards. We have about 6 inches of wet heavy snow on the ground, without a lot of drifting - at least here in town - because the snow is so wet. It didn't even get below freezing, while it snowed like crazy. The wind is pretty bad though.

Most schools, including ours, opted to close this morning because the roads are a mess. Sadly I did not get to sleep in, because the decision to close wasn't made until 6 this morning.

I noticed that Pilates Nest posted a new YouTube video a few days ago - 30 minutes using light weights. I think I will try to do that today, since I'll have a little extra workout time. I really do miss her streaming site.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden. It isn't much in the way of exercise, but it is fresh air and she enjoys smelling everyone's mailbox post - I'm sure where a lot of dogs leave their "calling cards".

In between shifts at work - I laugh - I have a day shift and an evening shift now - I did Kassandra's recent Yoga for Back Pain. I enjoyed it - these days Yoga and Pilates are hit or miss for me - I'm finding that I have to be careful b/c some exercises in both practices can flare my hip/low back/SI joint if I'm not careful. But, Kassandra's was a winner!

Today I did the standing and floorwork portion of Gail's live workout from yesterday. Darn DST makes it hard for me to get up early enough to do a full one hour class - so my compromise today was to skip the barre work - I may squeeze it in this evening.

If the weather holds up I'll get a dog walk in and something tonight.

Carol - that is crazy weather! Are you enjoying Amy's site? I'm thinking about subscribing for a month. I enjoyed the 7 Day beginner challenge (free) - the workouts weren't very hard, but I did like her attitude and approach and I'm sure she has some more advanced (for me) stuff on her site. It may be worth it to give it a go for a month.

Beth from Trifecta has a 5 Day challenge starting next week. I really like her stuff. This challenge is going to incorporate props so I will probably do it and try to stay mindful of avoiding the things that I think irriate my back/hip/SI.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 11:30 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Carol - ... Are you enjoying Amy's site?

Donna
The workouts that I've done aren't quite as professionally done as I would prefer, but they are solid weight workouts.

Carol
Old 03-22-22, 07:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I didn't work out this morning because once again I overslept despite Oliver's best efforts to get me out of bed at the crack of dawn to feed him. He was relentless and tried really hard for at least an hour, until my dh took pity on me and got out of bed to feed him so that I can sleep. Unfortunately, Oliver also wanted hugs and after his breakfast he came right back to lay on top of me and snuggle. How can you not love that?

I had to go to the office today and was very busy all day. When I got back home, all I wanted to do was to decompress. Tomorrow is another day!

Waves to all!
Old 03-22-22, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts - besides shoveling the heavy, wet snow - were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 3/9/22 - 30 minutes;
I've missed Madeleine's cardio workouts. This one was 45 second intervals, with a 30 second recovery. Lots of options to intensify or tone down the intervals, which I like.

Pilates Nest - Full Body Strengthening & Cardio Pilates Workout - 30 minutes
This was the last workout Smriti filmed (I think) before she pulled the plug on her streaming site. This was a tough workout for me - many reformer moves only using light weights - both standing and on the mat. Smriti struggled as well and I remember wondering if she was pregnant or having some kind of health issues. I noticed it again today when I did the workout.

Back to work tomorrow ~

Carol