Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-22, 09:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol it is raining finally here. Hope you get some rain soon. It really does help how you breathe.

Dana I hope you found something fun at the mall.

Donna I hope those allergy meds are helping.

Today was Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast. I added Jill Miller pre-workout stretch and the cycling stretch afterwards from her Post athletic stretch DVD.

Stay well!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 10:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
[B]

Today was Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast. I added Jill Miller pre-workout stretch and the cycling stretch afterwards from her Post athletic stretch DVD.

Stay well!
Hi Linda! I like Cathe's LITE Metabolic Blast and will have to do it soon! Glad to see you pop in here.
Old 03-09-22, 12:04 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I skipped the outdoor walk b/c of the wind and allergies but I did an old Leslie - One Mile Muscle walk or something like that - it was from 2001! So hard to believe that was over 20 years ago now.

I didn't get any stretching in yesterday as I worked late, story of my life, it seems.

Today, so far, has been:

Lively Ladies - Full Body Cardio Exercises (from 3/7/22) and her cool down (relaxing cool down stretches to do after your workout)

I plan to get some Essentrics in later. It is rainy, so no outdoor walk

Very excited about the new releases from Jessica - I think I do want to do another rotation, I enjoyed having the calendar from Four Weeks of Fusion to follow. But for now I think I'll either do some Leslie and/or Lively Ladies/Ellen. Hopefully Jessica's stuff will be out soon and then I can start with her new stuff.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana it's funny but I didn't like the strength workouts in the LITE series but I do like the cardio I have tried.

Donna I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new series. I'm patiently waiting for the new Cathes.

Carol healthy wishes to you!

Today was Winsor lower body pilates and Cathe RWH low impact HIIT#1. I followed it up with Jill Miller post athletic running stretch.

Happy Hump day!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-10-22, 07:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Fabulous Over Forty Fitness - Hiit Cardio Kickboxing - 30 minutes, although I bailed on this workout at about the 20 minute mark - I was not feeling the love (or energy);
Pilates & Yoga with Katja - Pilates Recovery Flow 1 - 20 minutes

Wednesday I had a haircut appointment that ran late, then we went out to eat, and then it was time for my DNA class, so no workout.

We are supposed to have snow tonight, so maybe that will work to clear the air.

Linda - Funny, I loved most of the workouts in the LITE series, much more so than the ICE series.

Donna - I am also interested in Jessica's newest series. I'm hoping that they will be more do-able for me than Lift and Shift (which I returned). I do love strength work and the calendar looked very do-able to me.

Dana - Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-22, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a Live Essentrics class - it was from March 5th and led by Sahra, Miranda's daughter. It was an all standing routine. During the class she mentioned the March Madness Challenge coming up which sounds like it is going to be 4 1 hour Live workouts a week for 3 weeks. I think I may do the challenge. I'll have to do the Live Workouts the day after they are released since I can't usually do them at the time they are "Live" - and on the other days I'll add in a different type of workout. I also want to get back to outdoor walks - taking allergy meds will hopefully help with that.

Today's workout was:

Ellen - Pilates Strong - this was her new workout for Feb and is a weighted Pilates fusion with standing and floor work. I enjoyed it. Although I did find the music to be an odd choice.....but whatever, it was still a good workout.

I hope to walk and do some more Essentrics later today.

Carol - I found from doing the Four Weeks of Fusion that if I really modify the workouts and actually do less than I think I can, even some of the "advanced" workouts are do-able for me. I have to find the happy balance between too little and too much, but I definitely erred on the side of too little when doing some of the WS 3.0 workouts, and was pleasantly surprised. I think at this point I am learning to follow the videos as "suggestions" and modify, change, do something different etc. from there.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 03-10-22, 09:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I was planning to stream Lindsay's Barre II and GHUTV kickboxing workouts this morning, but my MacBook started overheating again and I had to pick a DVD to work out to. So, I'm checking in with:

10lb Slimdown Xtreme DVD Kickboxing - 40min
10lb Slimdown DVD Upper Body - 20min

Both were great workouts and I'm glad I have DVDs to fall back on.

Getting back to my MacBook Air, I found out that because of their design they are prone to overheating particularly newer models. Mine is 6.5 years old and only recently (6-7 months) it started overheating. I use my laptop extensively and it's still in great shape, so I've decided to look at new iPad Air that will be available for pre-order tomorrow to ship on 3/18 rather than invest in new a MacBook for the time being.

I've got some errands to run today and will check back later. Waves to all!
Old 03-10-22, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I am clueless as to whether the iPad functionality is equivalent to what your needs are. Good luck computer shopping!

Carol I only have one ICE workout so not really done enough to know whether I'd like that series.

Donna that essentrics challenge sounds good!

Today was Cathe Body Max upper body and Shape pilates for pink upper and abs.

Yayyy Friday is coming!

Old 03-11-22, 09:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did get out for a short workout and then I did CS 1411, I think.

Today, so far has been

Lively Ladies - Full Body Strength (from 3/9/22)
Lively Ladies - 10 Min Daily Stretch and Cool down

I hope to walk and/or do another CS/Essentrics or something!

Our weather is supposed to get cold and snowy tomorrow - I don't think it will be too bad, though. And then we'll get some warmer weather coming in.

Sorry for the lack of personals but I Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna
Old 03-11-22, 08:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Finally, a workout! I did Jessica Smith's newest YouTube workout:

Jessica Smith - Total Body Strength with Dumbbells - 26 minutes

This was an enjoyable single sided strength workout. Jessica combined dumbbells with a flat band, but I just used my dumbbells. I know my limitations!

This has been the LONGEST week ever. Lots of conflict at work between co-workers on my hall and it is driving me crazy. Thank goodness next week is spring break because I need a break from all those people.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote