Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-22, 07:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was an all day Genetic Genealogy webinar. I would have liked to walk afterwards, but it was way too windy - AGAIN. I'll get something in today.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 08:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Nothing yet, but I'll probably do HDM CardioTone G later. My favorite!

It was miserably hot here yesterday, for me anyway (82F and muggy), and it never went down below 68F during the night. We're expecting rain most of the day today. I'm looking forward to it but it's still too warm and I'm feeling sluggish.

I've been looking at the clips of Jessica's upcoming set and I'm undecided if I'll get it. On one hand, I'm not entirely thrilled by what I'm seeing and I still haven't done most her last Walk Strong 3. On the other hand, nobody releases DVDs anymore and I don't want to miss out on this set and wish later that I got it. I like Jessica, but I already own pretty much everything she had released and I haven't been using any of her workouts for at least couple of years. What is everyone else doing?
Old 04-24-22, 11:01 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Catching up:

Yesterday was:

Gina B - Dance that Walk # 2 - PreMix # 1 (this was good, I think one of the background exercisers is Gina's mom!)

Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Every Day Yoga

CS 1301

Today, so far has been:

Blissasana Yoga - Morning Mobility/Yoga for Creating Space & Yoga Dance/Blissful Moving Meditation (Both on You Tube). I hadn't seen much new for this channel, but it looks like she has recently uploaded a few new videos

The weather is nice today and I feel like taking it easy.

Hope everyone is having a good day ---

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 07:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout:

Jessica Smith - Circuit 3: Total Focus - 35 minutes

I followed Debbie - light weights and I can't swear that I did every single rep... but it was definitely better than nothing.

Dana - I will probably buy Jessica's newest, mainly because I like DVDs, I like strength, and I like the settings she is using. I haven't done much of Jessica's stuff since 2020, but honestly there's no reason why I can't do some of her DVDs if I lighten up my weights a bit.

Carol
Old 04-25-22, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have not been in the mood to workout lately! But, I did manage to do:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates In Motion Lower Body
Caroline Sandry - Total Body Pilates - Booty

It worked. The Pilates in Motion was light walking w/ some toning and the Total Body segment started with some standing exercises and then moved on to the floor.

Maybe I'll stick w/ Caroline this week.

I think not having a plan may be part of my problem, LOL! I do seem to do better w/ a plan even if I make adjustments to the plan.

I'm sort of holding out for Jessica's new stuff - but I probably should at least sketch out a weekly plan to tide me over until they are released. I think Jessica Valent is starting a 3 Week Strong Program on May 1st. Maybe I can start that and hope that Jessica Smith's new stuff is out after that program ends....

Carol - I found from doing a few of Jessica's rotations and workouts that they are do-able for me if I modify to suit my needs. So I am looking forward to her newest - I'm probably not using gliding discs though - I find them annoying and fussy and potentially a injurious.

Waves, everyone - it is Monday....

Donna
Old 04-25-22, 09:04 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

HHA Fat Burning Cardio - 30min
. Second time doing this one. Fun!
WH Barre Arms - 14min. Burner! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUOcgtRYzY

I had to turn the AC on yesterday because it was muggy and awful even though it was only high of 68F. Ugh. Today, high of 50F with freeze warning tonight. Crazy weather.

I have about 6 weeks left on my SBF membership and have decided not to renew it. I haven't been using it at all, but this morning I thought I'll try Day 1 of her Spring into Summer 2022 Challenge. I quit 2 minutes into it. It started on all 4's and my wrists (and knees) were not at all happy. I like Suzanne but I think her style of barre is not my cup of tea.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 04-25-22, 09:38 AM  
donnamp

Dana - I hear you!! About SBF.

My membership w/ Jessica Valent ends in July or August - I need to double check to make sure it doesn't auto-renew. I plan to cancel, I'm just not using it enough, but I figure maybe I'll do her 3 week program since I'm still paying for access, I may as well use it some and maybe by then Jessica Smith's new stuff will be out....

Donna
Old 04-25-22, 05:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was a fun one:

Jessica Smith - Have a Ball! - 30 minutes

Worked up a pretty good sweat! Oh my goodness - it will be the end of May before I know it! Our Head of School sent out his weekly staff email with all the upcoming May dates on it and that made me realize that it will be finished sooner than I think.

Dana - Back in the day, I really liked Suzanne's streaming, but now my wrists are rarely happy if I am on them for very long and my feet don't like working out barefoot (or being on my tiptoes). I used to love barre workouts, but I would be hard pressed to tell you a barre workout I would enjoy doing anymore.

Donna - I think Jessica's does auto-renew. I will likely not use the gliding disks much either. If I do use them, I will be holding onto a chair or barre or something. I did that with Karen's (Workout Hotel) glider work and I found that manageable, but it still worked my legs and glutes more than if I hadn't used the gliders.

Carol
Old 04-26-22, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

To increase motivation, I went back to Jessica's Spring Ahead Schedule and picked up at Week #3. I did Week #2 in theory - in that I did workouts that fit the theme, but they were not always the exact workout listed. Sometimes doing rotations that way helps, too. I may do the same with Week # 3, but at least it gives me a structure to follow so I'm not wondering what to do!

Anyway, today was:

Jessica - 30 Min Flat Blaster Walk from the 30 Day Set

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Posture (You Tube) this was in lieu of Jessica's Posture workout or Healthy Back Bonus workout...

It was nice to do something from the Pilates Nest channel. I'm happy to see that she is actively posting there.

Waves, everyone - I will get some Essentrics in later as it has been a few days...

Carol - the end of the school year is always busy!!

Hope everyone has a good day.....Happy Tuesday!

Donna
Old 04-26-22, 06:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 2: Circuit 1 - Upper Body - 35 minutes

I had forgotten how tough this one was, even with my light weights. I think the speed of Jessica's weight work - at least this weight work - is one reason I'm not crazy about it.

Carol