Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-22, 08:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - Full Body Workout for Better Walking - 35 minutes

Pretty basic stuff, but not bad. Some balance work, leg work, posture work and upper body work. It didn't have that frantic feel that some of her workouts have had (which I hate).

Darn it, y'all, the rheumatologist officially diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis today. I am not happy. That means more serious medicine, with more serious side effects and costs are in my future. She did some more blood work today and now we are waiting on insurance to okay the Enbrel that she wants to put me on.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 09:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Darn it, y'all, the rheumatologist officially diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis today. I am not happy. That means more serious medicine, with more serious side effects and costs are in my future. She did some more blood work today and now we are waiting on insurance to okay the Enbrel that she wants to put me on.

Carol
I am sorry to hear that, Carol! I hope you do well with the RA meds your dr wants to put you on. The sooner you start with the meds, the less potential damage and less costs to you in the future - hopefully. I faced the same potential dx few years ago but ultimately, in my case, it was determined NOT to be the RA although I never found out what was it that mimicked the RA symptoms to a T. Please let us know how you're doing - if you don't mind.
Old 04-21-22, 10:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I can meander in my collection randomly for a week. After that, I waste too much time changing my mind choosing a workout. and what I tried from CS#14 was great. What did you think of the season overall?

Carol I'm sorry. I hope the meds will be effective for you.

Dana our weather is cycling up and down in temps as well. It's crazy. Did I tell you I finished the Ellen? I'm trying to decide where I should post all my thoughts...tear off the shrinkwrap or vintage?

Today was Tracie Long Reboot#2 and two workouts from my new yoga purchases. They are repackaged Method workouts from Integrated yoga and Method 20/20.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 02:45 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Gina B - Dance that Walk - Circuit # 2

It was a fun routine - first 20 min was upper body w/ cardio and 2nd 20 min was lower body w/ cardio. I did skip the abs since I was short on time.

Carol - I'm sorry to hear that - please keep us posted, as Dana said!

Linda - I remember the Method workouts, I still have them somewhere!

waves, Dana.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 02:46 PM  
donnamp

Oh sorry...I did enjoy Season 14 - it was a winner - I think I'll go over to Season 13 next and mix it w/ some of the live workouts.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 06:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Stride and Step - 30 minutes

I followed Debbie and didn't use a step. I also modified some of the arm movements. I enjoyed this one.

As expected my insurance has denied the preapproval request for my RA medicine. Sigh...

Carol
Old 04-22-22, 07:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
As expected my insurance has denied the preapproval request for my RA medicine. Sigh...

Carol
Carol, I am sorry to hear that. Can you appeal their decision? I know my dh was prescribed a very expensive brand name drug and was initially denied. He/his doctor appealed and the insurance has reversed their decision except he had to go through their mail order pharmacy. He had BCBS. Good luck!

Waves to all. I'll check in tomorrow morning.
Old 04-22-22, 08:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I am sorry to hear that. Can you appeal their decision? I know my dh was prescribed a very expensive brand name drug and was initially denied. He/his doctor appealed and the insurance has reversed their decision except he had to go through their mail order pharmacy. He had BCBS. Good luck!

Waves to all. I'll check in tomorrow morning.
Yes Dana, I can appeal and my doctor will do that for me. They denied any coverage at all for a blood test she did several months ago saying it was unnecessary, but she appealed it and they ended up paying the $1,000 for it.

Carol
Old 04-23-22, 07:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing - 40min.
10 min of UB with weights.

I have to run to the office today but I'm OK with it. Less traffic and very few people will be there to interrupt me. We're expecting 82F today. Ugh....

Carol, good luck with your insurance. It's a sad state of affairs when the bureaucrats and not your doctor gets to decide what tests and meds you need. Been there myself.

Waves to Donna and Linda!
Old 04-23-22, 08:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana hope work went smoothly

Donna I'm glad CS#14 was a winner to you. I plan to purchase when they have their summer sale (I hope!)

Carol I truly hope your appeal is successful.

F… Method total body firm/flex; CS #903 hip; Cathe Perfect Flow yoga strength with core focus timesaver premix
Sat… Circuit Max 26 min; High Step Circuit including stability ball bonus

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote