Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-22, 10:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

cataddict - Wishing you less pain every day, whatever the diagnosis!

I went to the MeetUp group and it was fun! We met at a park and it had some nice paved trails. I tried to chat with everyone for at least a few minutes. The only downside is that the park has no restroom. I'll attend more of their events. (Tho' I'm not much for evening or night events.)

I want to look in to local hiking groups, too. Not the "tiger" type. More with moderate hikes.

Yesterday, I did NO unpacking or organizing. My DIY lip and body balms had expired, so I cooked up a new batch. My first crafting in the new place. That was fun, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 01:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday Watulans! Sorry to be MIA...rough week and I've been a bit down in the dumps.

Workouts:
Sun: CL 134 Strong and Lean Reps (holy moly, like High Reps but on crack! Ack!)
Mon: Cathe Fit Split Shred Cardio double it premix
Tues: Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength 2 (sweat. fest! I need to add her workouts in more often!)
Weds: CL 129 Chiseled Legs and Abs (my notes simply say 'ouch' hah)
Thurs: CL 25 Strong Upper Body with Core (WICKED brutal, I was sore for three days from this one!)
Fri: CL 26 Step Express with Blasts (LOVED this, so fun!)

FOLV, is that your fabulous tortie in your avatar? Beautiful! Glad to know a fellow 'owned by a tortie' friend.

Bee, that almost falling story is so freaking scary! UG, huge healing hugs to you, my friend. Hope you're fully mended soon.

ChelePA, already walking Winston!! Oye on the leash training though. It is indeed like starting over. Our dog was the same way if he didn't get walked regularly. You just keep making leaps in progress.

VVfer, so glad you enjoyed the Meetup!! You must tell about your DIY products though, I'm very intrigued!

KateTT, I'm SO relieved for you with Justin (but grrrrr on not being informed about stent maintenance!)!! And I share your CL enthusiasm...so many great workouts, so little time! I am wondering if her most recent kind of wicked weight workouts are any foreshadowing of what's to come with her new STS workout series...a gal can dream!

Horusosiris, in feeling things so personally, it sounds like you're an empath and that's a VERY tough thing to be in this world, IMHO (because I am too). Especially right now. Huge hugs to you!

Kim, I gave Lux two squeezes from you. Oh, and I laughed at your description of kitties sleeping with you. I very often wake up with a Lux hat myself...and a Cheeto belly warmer, a Charli knee warmer, and a Merlin face blanket. Our cats have no boundaries, zero.

FN2, yes, that is one of our scratching pads Lux is on and YES, our longer haired boys frequently walk around with bits of catnip and cardboard in their fur! Crossing fingers and paws for your upcoming appointment.

Manleym, if you get/try those body weight workouts, I'm VERY interested in your opinion and reviews!! I've been intrigued by those but never tried them. I'm so glad you weren't affected by those tornadoes. Waiting for that 'train' sound is an awful feeling, isn't it?

Nathalie, so glad you're better and that your workout was interrupted or you'd be even more sore, hah!! Hope you get some warmer weather soon!

Those of you enjoying the sports, keep on enjoying them, and hope I didn't miss anyone....stay fierce, everyone!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 03:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Relatively "quick" post (for me, anyway ) as I want to do a light workout before hubby gets home from the gym and grocery store.

manleym, I laughed when your husband didn't want to do the Duke application. I remember writing essays for Duke and several other schools. It was work for sure! There was one I said "nope" to when the topic was something I had absolutely nothing to say about. It was for Oberlin or Tufts, I think. I can't remember the school and can't remember the topic either!

Kim, Sara's City Workouts didn't have great production. I only have one of them and the quality is "iffy." I think she offered an affordable option for instructors at the time IIRC from discussion here. Both Franny and Gay did some workouts with Greg as the producer later on.

FN1, good to "hear" from you. I find myself getting down a little more frequently lately, mostly due to the issue with my pain. Today is not a good day. I can't figure out why some days it's worse than others. I'm very anxious to get some advice from the dr. DH wants to come with me. The guy I'm seeing has a good reputation so I am trying to be hopeful.

Nathalie, I agree with bee about Heather Robertson. I much prefer Caroline G or growingannanas. Part of it is probably her voice at the end and maybe she strikes me as being a little "too cool for school" if you get that reference but I can't put my finger on it either. And the music gets old for me. But I don't dislike her, I just choose other instructors first.

ToddlerW, glad the MeetUp went well but boo that the park didn't have any "facilities." That kind of thing would make me think too much about having to go and I would psych myself into having to go. However, I am a bit cuckoo so there's that. Hopefully you will find some good companions in the group!

MamaW, we watched a bit of the basketball game. That was a tough game! The women are every bit as competitive as the men. It made me remember how they play four quarters instead of two halves. Do you know why? I recall that's how it was when I was in high school. Is it a holdover from when the thinking was that the "poor lil girls" didn't have enough stamina to play two halves? I'm asking you since I'm thinking you are the expert!

Waves and hugs! This wasn't that short after all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 03:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hah! Came back because I forgot to mention that I am also intrigued by the products ToddlerW mentioned that she makes. We need more details!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 04:03 PM  
horusosiris

MONDAY here we come! Is Spring truly on the way?

Kitty- from some of your post I suspected that you are an empath. Yes, it is tough but you would think that after all of this time I would be used to it. Sometimes I wish that I were not because at times it is very trying.

Kitty - The Mark Lauren workouts are excellent. Too Lazy For the Gym has reviewed most of his workouts but honestly you can not go wrong with any of them I think are started with his EFW workouts and then did You are Your Own Gym and them Mobility RX. and finally Bodyweight Training.

Vintage- glad you enjoyed the meet up group. Oh NO! No restroom?

Cataddict -so sorry about the continued pain. I hope it resolves soon.

Kate - I agree with your assessment of the new Cathe Live. 388 Upper Body Burn is one of her absolute best upper body workouts. I love the pacing, variety of equipment and exercise selections. She did not kill any body part, especially the shoulders.

Chel- I am happy that your Mom's birthday party was a success and you enjoyed it!

Kim- If I remember correctly, the Sara City workouts are just Okay. Back in the day there was a VF thread about them
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 05:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Kittybug, I'm sorry you had a bad week and have been struggling. I am pretty sure my son is an empath and it is a rough road for him these days, for sure. Sending you big hugs back. Looks like you kept up great with workouts!

Kim, I have not heard of those workouts -- interesting to see the experts chime in on them. You have been finding some really vintage workouts!!

Chele, glad to hear your mom was surprised -- very nice that you were all able to get together!

manleym, yikes, those storms! So funny about your husband and the Duke application! Who gets invited to apply to a near Ivy school anyway?!

Vintage, great news on the Meetup. You were smart to strategically talk to everyone. I used to always be paranoid about being able to have a bathroom nearby. Then whenever I was out during the real lockdown, I just knew I wasn't going to be using a bathroom and ever since it hasn't been such a big mental toll for me. Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit I was like that, but, well, I was. I am happy that so far it's not been a problem for me (and of course now I'm more comfortable than I was in the first bit of lockdown about using public bathrooms when I have to). And yes, tell us about those balms!

cataddict, I'm sorry you're having a tough time, too. I know how you feel about being so down on those days when the pain is really bad. I hope you will get some good information come Tuesday.

horusosiris, I think the world might be an even sadder place if all of us were getting used to the state of things. That said, I'm sorry you feel it all so intensely. How is your hand doing?

This morning I walked the tree farm in light rain with my friend. We are supposed to get a decent bit of rain tonight. We'll see. Tomorrow I am looking forward to more weight work but I'm not sure if I'll stick with Cee this week or switch back to Cathe.

Hello to Nathalie and Linda!!
Old 03-28-22, 09:02 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe’s CTX Leaner Legs warm up. Peloton included 10 minutes core. 20 minutes legs and glutes. 20 minutes treadmill hike. 10 minutes lower body stretch.

I’ll be back later to read all the updates. Happy Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 02:14 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!!!! Weeee made it check in! I love having a little extra free time!
Recheck appointment tomorrow for Justin after the hospitalization. He says he still a bit sore but much better.

Get this...he wants his Momma to help him organize his closet and cupboards! He's so funny - even at 39 he still needs me. ;-)

Today was fun but not as killer as Live 388.
Today was 284 Arms & Abs on the Ball. Actually total upper body, not just arms. All the moves were done on and around the stability ball. Like include bicep curls, or tricep extensions, pullovers, pushups etc. Even the ab work used the ball and I really liked it. A good Monday workout. Not killer but not easy either.

I REALLY liked that 388 though...just sayin'!

Have a great week. Pull up those big girl pants - you know - the ones that say "fierce" on them!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 05:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! Happy Monday.......

So sorry about St. Peter's! What a story they had. Getting down to the wire now.

I decided to get back to Cee for this week, so "Four" on 40:4:40. I do like that she moves slowly and doesn't have completely familiar moves. I have pretty consistently felt sore after her workouts, but not horribly so. I warmed up with Cathe's original Bootcamp warm up -- that was fun. Kate, I think I'll work #388 and #60, I think it was? in next week.

Kate, that's funny about Justin wanting your help -- I can see my boys asking the same. I hope all goes well with the appointment tomorrow!

Chele, funny, I was thinking about Leaner Legs this morning as I was doing my warm up -- I'm sure it's because it was mentioned in the thread last week.

Waves all around!
Old 03-28-22, 08:55 PM  
ChelePA

Bee…did your husband watch the UConn game? Double OT and they won!

St. Peter’s struggled right from the beginning. Fun to see them get to the Elite Eight.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in