Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-22, 06:41 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Going back to the football games last weekend. WOW! JUST WOW!! I think that was the best football weekends ever! So exciting and unexpected! And all of the fun happened in the 2nd half/last quarter. Or how about the last 13 seconds of the game! Bengals, 49ers, Rams, Chiefs. ALL unexpected wins and incredible games!
Chel and Manelym- If there is a football heaven, we were in it last weekend! I felt bad for Buffalo. With the new overtime rules, they never got possession of the ball. That was such an important coin toss.

My right hand and arm are in a cast. I had carpal tunnel surgery yesterday. All went well but the surgeon said it took him longer than expected. I am in pain but I am trying to deal with it. I am not much of a medication taker. No exercise, at least upper body for several weeks. I am not feeling up to exercising anything right now anyway. Trying to type with one hand is not easy.

Hugs to All!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:22 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus surprised to read about your carpal tunnel surgery. I imagine typing with one hand is not an easy task! Have you had the surgery before? My husband had it done several years ago and had great results. If I recall correctly, he didn't have a huge amount of pain so hopefully yours subsides quickly too. He needs to get the other wrist done but it's not as severe so he keeps putting it off.

I'm glad you football fans had exciting games this past weekend. My husband used to be a casual football fan and we would sometimes have the games on, but we've gotten away from watching sports. I love to watch golf and I haven't watched that in a long time either.

Tonight I did another new workout. I purchased Jenny Ford's Step Across America set, 50 workouts, one in each state, and I did Oregon tonight. It was filmed at Canyon Beach and she said it was where a scene from the movie, The Goonies, was filmed. There were people walking by in the sand so there was something to watch. Her workouts are filmed in a static camera position so it's nice when there is some movement in the background.

Sleep well, my Watulan friends.
Old 01-26-22, 10:06 PM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… sending healing vibes your way. Hoping you don’t have too much pain and it’s a quick recovery. We need a gym for all of us to do rehab together
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 07:34 AM  
ChelePA

Kim… it’s funny you mentioned an Oregon walk. Peloton offers scenic rides, runs and walks and I think they just filmed a series in Oregon. I don’t have access to that since I use the app only.
Old 01-27-22, 08:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!

Fun week...the last workout I did before waking up with Covid was Patrick's Extreme Calorie Burn, so I totally blame Patrick for my illness and being MIA. Totally kidding about the Patrick part, not the Covid part.

Needless to say, I took a few days off and then did a Travis practice today (LU 108 Vitality) which felt pretty good. Just taking things day by day right now. I'll try to catch up this weekend when I get a chance but am reading all of your posts and cheering you on, Watulans! Be fierce!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 09:05 PM  
Mickey12

Oh Kittybug, I'm sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope your symptoms are not too severe. Did your husband get sick too? I know of families that have all gotten sick and I know of families where some get sick and some don't. It's so strange and random. Feel better soon.

Boy, we have a growing list of people on the mend, don't we? Sending lots of good spirits to everyone.

Tonight I did an oldie - 1995 Denise Austin's Best of Hit the Spot. I found this on VHS at the thrift store recently. It's 10 minute segments for arms, abs, thighs and buns. It's filmed on the beach on a gorgeous, sunny day. Nice for a dreary winter day. It wasn't too tough, but my thighs are still a little sore from Ilaria the other day, so that was a good thing.
Old 01-28-22, 11:06 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Oh Kittybug, I'm sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope your symptoms are not too severe. Did your husband get sick too? I know of families that have all gotten sick and I know of families where some get sick and some don't. It's so strange and random. Feel better soon.
Yes, my husband got it from work and brought it home to me. Unfortunately, he's way worse than I am and his symptoms are lingering on (and on and on) while the worst of what I had resolved in two days (fingers crossed they don't return). I'm keeping an eye on him (and his awful cough) and taking things easy right now!

I agree, healing wishes to all Watulans who need them!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 11:44 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Yes, my husband got it from work and brought it home to me. Unfortunately, he's way worse than I am and his symptoms are lingering on (and on and on) while the worst of what I had resolved in two days (fingers crossed they don't return). I'm keeping an eye on him (and his awful cough) and taking things easy right now!

I agree, healing wishes to all Watulans who need them!!

I’m sorry to hear that you both caught Covid. My niece had a mild case but her symptoms lingered for over 3 to 4 weeks. You just never know. We bought a finger pulse ox in the beginning of the pandemic as a just in case. It was always one of the first signs that you may need more intense treatment. Sending lots of healing vibes your way.
Old 01-28-22, 11:47 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones! We certainly need some extra "fierce" right about now!

kittybug, I'm so sorry to hear about you and your husband getting covid. I hope he is feeling better soon -- glad that it seemed a bit more mild for you. I got your Patrick joke right away.

Horusosiris, sending healing vibes your way. I'm impressed that you were able to be patient enough to type that much in with one hand. I hope you're able to enjoy a bit of relaxation from your busy world.

Kate, wow, you are busy!! Hang in there with that schedule.

Kim, your posts have been a ray of sunshine lately! How's the painting project? I imagine you're about to really enjoy it being finished -- if not already there.

I do not follow football but it sounds like horusosiris and manleym had a fun weekend with it!! manleym, I was sorry to read bout your neighbor -- that is terribly sad!!

cataddict, hang in there with the sciatica -- I know that feeling of "I'll be living with this forever." I'm sort of there too. My pain is not debilitating anymore, so that might give you hope. I did find that scaling way back, but not giving up everything, seems to be key to my pain management. I went a couple of weeks only doing light walking and PT and it definitely helped to add in the TBP low impact workouts. You know all this, I'm sure.

Chele, the peloton bootcamp workouts sound perfect for you -- how fun that they're adding in new things. Have you tried any of the TBP boxing workouts to see how they are for you? Seems like they have a bunch, though I'm sure with the music and all, peloton's will have a really fun vibe.

Sorry to be so MIA, once again. I think I told you guys, but I'm not sure..... that my covid test was negative. So I was able to take my son to the airport -- he's off to a good start at school again -- and then I kept driving north to see my sister for a few days. That was just what I needed! Love her so much. She put me to work on some projects that we did together and it was great fun. They live a little looser with covid protocols -- just get out with people a bit more -- so I'm a little nervous about that, but fingers crossed.

Waves to lavna, Vintage, and Linda!!
Old 01-28-22, 11:57 AM  
ChelePA

I decided to join a Facebook group that provides monthly peloton rotations for strength. Classes include core, weights, Pilates, barre , bodyweight and shorter yoga routines. I’m thinking I will then add on my own cardio with the bike and treadmill as well as TBD depending on the day. I may also substitute appropriate Cathe workouts to mix things up.

Today was 10 minutes of core, 10 minutes of barre, plus a 20 minute glutes and leg strength class. I’m not using any weights for lower body at this point. I then added on a steady state cycling class and a 10 minute stretch. we’ll see how this new schedule goes. Today is the first day they’re offering boxing classes. Can’t wait to see what that’s all about.

Sounds like we could all use a group hug. So much going on in life these days.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in