Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-21, 12:08 PM  
Gardengirl

Thanks, Anne. These do seem to be Goldilocks workouts for me at the moment.

I was able to sign up using the $99 offer and I did it! I'll reserve judgment about the heavier weight workouts when I've actually done one sometime this week (currently following the summer rotation). I think I will like the rest of the workouts. I don't have a problem alternating between heavier and lighter weights during a workout so that won't be a problem for me. If I need heavier upper workouts, I think I would still enjoy doing the lower body Barre3 and alternating in some additional upper and/or cardio when I feel like it.

Beth, their new app looks like they have workouts divided in to segments based upon length, so you can pick a 10 minute workout or up to 45 minutes or an hour depending on what you want to do. They also have a short foam roller workout which I'm also interested in. All in all, for $99 annually, I think there's a pretty good sampling of workouts.

I was leaning toward a BBOD subscription but realized that most of the workouts I'm interested in are already in my dvd collection!
Old 08-22-21, 02:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Judy, I agree, $99/year is a great deal. At the same time, I try to avoid doing any subscriptions because there is SO much free content out there; I don't think I could do any one service justice with all the varied stuff I tend to do. It's sounds great for you though and I hope you enjoy it!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 08:17 AM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne29 View Post

I will say that when I was recovering from a back injury, I did a three-week B3 rotation and totally loved it. I felt like I'd found the "Goldilocks" workout--not too hard, not too easy, but just right. And I could get myself to do a B3 workout regardless of whether I'd gotten a good night's sleep or had some tight/sore spot somewhere. I don't always feel up for a tough workout, and I could tailor any workout of theirs based on how I was feeling. I love the way they get you to think about what's right for your body right now. And I always felt better after a B3 workout than when I started. You get the blood flowing and the mood lift regardless of how hard you push. So maybe give them a try and see if they're right for where you're at. Hope that helps!
This…

These are no dread workouts for me at the moment for these exact reasons. I’ve never gravitated to barre workouts because I thought they were mostly Lotte Berk type and I just never could get into those. I like these that combine cardio, weights, stretch, and some mindfulness. Kinda hits it all for me. I’m adding in some walking a couple day a week, or a light treadmill workout if it’s too hot. I like the heavier weight workouts but still haven’t done enough of them yet to form an opinion quite yet.

I think that most of my workout have had little lateral movements and as such have created a muscle imbalance as I seem to have been having more aches and pains lately. I also know I need more stretching. Just can’t seem to fit it all in so those things have kinda fallen by the wayside.

So, for all those reasons, this is working for me. Will I need heavier weights at some point….probably. But I can see how I could incorporate Barre3 into a rotation with both!
Old 08-27-21, 11:37 AM  
prettyinpink

I’m glad you are enjoying them.

I really like that barre3 includes some balancing. And lateral movement, yes. They really do a pretty good job of incorporating a lot in one workout.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 01:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

There aren't many "official" B3 routines on YouTube, but here's a short one with founder Sadie Lincoln that I think is pretty representative of the method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJo...ZE54Wd&index=1
thanks for the link
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3