Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-21, 11:35 AM  
Leonana

I’m 61, and I didn’t start working out regularly and eating healthier until age 53. My preventative check ups are all normal and I have a healthy BMI. I do have a hearing loss, that’s my biggest health issue. I also am on a diuretic for hypertension, my top number is normal, but the bottom is slightly high. However, my Echocardiogram shows no sign of hypertension, my heart is healthy. I have severe white coat syndrome, so have a hard time getting a good reading. I guess that’s my second biggest issue, anxiety.

My parents have both passed away, my father at age 69 of heart disease, and my mother at age 86. My mother was healthier than my father, he had a lot of health issues due to serving in WWII. I’m healthier than they were at my age, mostly because they were overweight and not as fit.

I’m healthier than my brother and sister, although they are 12 and 22 years older than me. My sister has generalized anxiety, worse than me, and my brother has high cholesterol and has had both knees replaced. But I don’t remember their health at age 61, but my impression is that I’m fitter and at a healthier weight.

I wish I had started exercising earlier. Once I started exercising, my hearing loss slowed down significantly.
Old 05-01-21, 08:02 AM  
killoffsonny

I've been able to keep diabetes away but I credit that to mostly diet.

Plus I'm able to move around and do normal activities that my mom could not do at my age (67) due just to inactivity. Movement is life.

Tags
diseases, health benefits, healthy lifestyle, results