Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-20, 08:43 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
And I've never been brave enough to try the URX ones I bought in 2012!
I was eyeing the URX videos on my shelf yesterday! Thinking about rotating some in this week. Most of them have moves that I didn't like - jumping on & off the rebounder for instance - but I find it easy to freestyle on the rebounder while that's going on. I made notes to myself about the ones I liked best - I'm thinking the Patrick Goudeau ones were good, reasonably paced with not too many moves that I had to (wanted to) skip.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 08:56 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I was eyeing the URX videos on my shelf yesterday! Thinking about rotating some in this week. Most of them have moves that I didn't like - jumping on & off the rebounder for instance - but I find it easy to freestyle on the rebounder while that's going on. I made notes to myself about the ones I liked best - I'm thinking the Patrick Goudeau ones were good, reasonably paced with not too many moves that I had to (wanted to) skip.
Thanks for the tip, Laura. I hadn't thought about just bouncing when they get crazy jumping on and off. I honestly don't even remember if I have previewed them. The Notorious Black Friday of 2012 saw me obsessively buying so many workouts that I was super excited about, but the overbuying resulted in many STILL untried ones!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:41 PM  
horsemom2

I still bounce at least 15 minutes each morning but never did the pounding into the mat style, more of a health bounce while tweaking walk and dance vids.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 12:43 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I like AngieFitnessTV on YouTube -- did her 45-minute workout last week which was about 30-35 minutes of rebounding followed by strength and stretch moves (which I skipped in favor of other stuff). I've realized it's hard for me to bounce for more than 5 mins without needing to jump off and pace around for a bit as my feet feel kinda sore. Fortunately, in her routine, given how she broke moves down, I could fit in these 30-second breaks on the floor. I don't think I can rebound for more than 10 minutes non-stop (tried today while I was listening to a recorded work preso and gave up exactly at 10 mins!)
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:18 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I like AngieFitnessTV on YouTube -- did her 45-minute workout last week which was about 30-35 minutes of rebounding followed by strength and stretch moves (which I skipped in favor of other stuff). I've realized it's hard for me to bounce for more than 5 mins without needing to jump off and pace around for a bit as my feet feel kinda sore. Fortunately, in her routine, given how she broke moves down, I could fit in these 30-second breaks on the floor. I don't think I can rebound for more than 10 minutes non-stop (tried today while I was listening to a recorded work preso and gave up exactly at 10 mins!)
My feet were sore, also, which surprised me. I used to jump in shoes so maybe that’s why (plus being older now). Rebounding is definitely something to work into.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, rebounding