Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-20, 01:38 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I hadn't planned anything as we usually don't do much on NYE but this year I'm heading over to Horusosiris' place to join their party! That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!

Watulan Fierce Goddesses it is!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 02:35 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I agree..... horusosiris, your family celebration sounds like so much fun!!! Kim, it's always pretty much a regular night for us, too, so the only reason this year might be different is that we need to kick 2020's behind to the moon!!!

Kate, MBF sounds like a good one and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Forgot to tell you all that I had a big forehead slap doh! moment when I realized that Ilaria's Powerstrikes are exactly what I want. I was so focused on Bodystrike that I forgot she had those. Oh brother. So I of course quickly (too quickly) ordered the four power strikes that Mary has on sale right now, and of course then I realized I have volume 5 already -- oh well!! I was ordering last night, impatient, and yet not wanting to go out in the cold and dark to check my collection.

Happy New Year, all!! xox
Old 12-31-20, 03:06 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh, I agree..... horusosiris, your family celebration sounds like so much fun!!! Kim, it's always pretty much a regular night for us, too, so the only reason this year might be different is that we need to kick 2020's behind to the moon!!!

Kate, MBF sounds like a good one and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Forgot to tell you all that I had a big forehead slap doh! moment when I realized that Ilaria's Powerstrikes are exactly what I want. I was so focused on Bodystrike that I forgot she had those. Oh brother. So I of course quickly (too quickly) ordered the four power strikes that Mary has on sale right now, and of course then I realized I have volume 5 already -- oh well!! I was ordering last night, impatient, and yet not wanting to go out in the cold and dark to check my collection.

Happy New Year, all!! xox
Bee I did that too - ordered a dvd that I already had. I was able to email Mary within an hour and she removed the duplicate dvd for me. She’s so great! It might be too late now for you, but you can try. She told me the mail hadn’t been picked up yet so she was able to change it for me.
Old 12-31-20, 03:18 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug it intrigues me that you don’t like to have your photo taken given that you used to be a dancer. I mean, you were on stage, right? To be a performer don’t you have to be comfortable with people watching you? I guess it’s not the same as having your photo taken? Curious minds want to know.

Today I did an oldie but a goodie for my workout. I was inspired by the Vintage Dustbunny thread where they were posting about old Charlene Prickett workouts. I did A Major Step today. Steady state moderate work, easy to pick up choreography. I haven’t done this one in many moons. It was fun but the beats per minute seemed slow to me. I like things a little peppier. Good cardio though and it gave my legs a break. They are sore today.
Old 12-31-20, 03:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

I will air toast each and every one of you my Fierce Watulan Goddesses (plus my other check-in friends )

clink Clink CLINK!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 03:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I will air toast each and every one of you my Fierce Watulan Goddesses (plus my other check-in friends )

clink Clink CLINK!!!
Awww, I'll CLINK back at you!!!

Kim, somehow being on stage was completely different for me than sitting for photos. In fact, that was my most dreaded part of any show, the photo shoots! It's like on stage, I felt in my own world and lost in the movement, but having a picture taken is like scrutinizing agony!! Plus I seriously always take the worst pictures, ever, like the camera just has it in for me!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 05:10 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I hadn't planned anything as we usually don't do much on NYE but this year I'm heading over to Horusosiris' place to join their party! That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!

Watulan Fierce Goddesses it is!!
Me too!!!

There's a TV tradition on NYE in Québec: it's called Bye Bye and it's a humoristic review of the year. It's been going on for close to 50 years (skipping a few). It's like a tradition to watch and to criticize it the next day!!! I wonder how they've been able to film with distanciation rules. It's so much in our tradition that when the Prime minister announced that they're would be no gatherings for the New Year, he said: We'll stay at home and watch the Bye Bye! I usually record it and watch it in the morning as I'm not a night owl!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 05:16 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
When we did chest and back, the shoulders did their fair share of work, so why go back to shoulders again? I am not sure if she rushed because it started late but it was a marathon and endurance type workout. Cathe did seem a little down today. She was not sullen or anything but something was missing from her usual upbeat self.
At the end, she wished all of us a better and healthier new year. Perhaps, like so many of us, she is experiencing pandemic fatigue?
I watched the preview (love to watch them when they come up) and it wasn't long enough for me to notice her mood but I thought she looked different: did she have new glasses? ou maybe she had more makeup? Anyway, I thought she prettier than usual! (maybe it's just me!)

I agree that she might be tired like the rest of us. Also, she may be tired of doing the workouts all by herself. It's not the same than with a full class (even though I like that she uses heavier weights). I wonder if her business is much affected by the lockdown and all.
Old 12-31-20, 05:22 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

clink Clink CLINK!!!
Thank you, mistress Cowbell!
Ringing back at you!

Waving to you all Watulans! Hoping for a great year 2021!
Old 12-31-20, 05:32 PM  
manleym

Happy New Year's Eve Fierce Watulans! I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

We aren't doing anything tonight either. It's been raining ALL DAY so I haven't even put a toe out of the door. We're usually asleep by 10:00 on New Years anyway so I'm sure tonight will be the same. And like ya'll, I'm ready to kick 2020 to the curb!! GOOD RIDDANCE!!

horusosiris your family's plans sound SO MUCH FUN! Ya'll are the fun and creative family! I love all of the creative ways your family celebrates and enjoys each other. I'll be over with kittybug.

Sorry you've been getting the dreaded error message. Hope it goes away soon, along with 2020.

kittybug I hope you finished your project and have your computer issues resolved. That is SOOO frustrating! Let me know where the check in will be. I'm sure the Challenges and Check-ins. I just have to remember to look there. And keep pumping up Mr. Kittybug so he'll continue to buy you clothes!

bee I've never heard to Love Actually. We're watching Lord of the Rings right now. So good and timeless. Just got to the part about 2nd breakfasts.

I second your shout out to everyone killing their workouts this past year and seeing awesome progress. Ya'll inspired me to try new things and go beyond what I thought I could do. Can't wait see what 2021 holds for us. Echo kittybugs fistbump to all!!

My workout today was different than what I had planned. I was going to do Cathe Live Upper Body Shred but it took hours to upload - longer than the typical 2-3 hours. I was going to do the Upper Body workout 1st, then Cardio Party Play Date 297. When I saw the Upper Body workout wasn't uploaded to the Live site, I did Cardio Party Play Date first, thinking I would do the Upper Body after. When I finished Cardio Party Play Date, the Upper Body still wasn't uploaded so I did Live Metabolic 300 instead. After reading horusosiris review, I'm glad I did Metabolic 300 instead. It was a good, fun workout. I liked both workouts so I think the delay in uploading Upper Body Shred worked out better for me.

I'm trying to decide between The Viper and Patrick's Turn Up Slim Down for fun Friday. What is everyone doing tomorrow for Fun Friday/New Year's Day first workout of the year?

Hugs and cheers to all my Fierce Watulan Peeps!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in