Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-20, 03:13 PM  
manleym

Ok I'll tell ya. Promise not to throw things at me???

It's Rudy. I like him in some of the workouts, but not in others. In some of the practices he's just too much for me. There. I said it.

Bee it is so good hearing from you! I know this has been so hard, but am glad ya'll are fine and they are getting a handle on the fires. What a mess. Please take good care of yourself.

Will post more soon!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 06:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, yay! I'm so relieved for you! Can't imagine how scary that is.

Manleym, sometimes, just sometimes, Rudy gets on my last nerve too. There. I said it too! I like him at certain times but not so much others and sometimes he just talks too much. Go figger.

KateTT, Fit Chicks! I'll have to remember that for when this project of mine is over. I want to keep checking in with you all!

ChelePA, yep, that plank work is something else. I love it!

Today I did LITE Body Weight and Bands (first time ever) plus the cardio crush, the abs #2 and the extended stretch #2. Wow, that band work! It really gets into places weights just don't! I loved this ab workout too and the stretch again was wonderful. Gals, do I then need Travel Fit? I never considered her band workouts but now I am!

Tomorrow is going to be a Kat step routine....I might do Hip-Hop again just because I'm somewhat familiar with it already and can really get my groove on, hah!

Waves to Kim and Finley, Nathalie, Fanofladyvols, Horusosiris, and Cataddict (and anyone I missed)!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 07:39 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I'm so glad things are settling down for you. So, so scary.

Manley I am not familiar with all the Udaya instructors, but among Travis, Vytas and Rudy, Rudy is my least favorite. So no one is going to throw stones.

Kittybug Bodyweight and Bands is no joke. I find that one really tough. I also think Travel Fit is challenging. You think it's not going to be that bad because it's just bands, after all. Ha, we're forgetting it's Cathe!

ChelePA I'm sorry you had to give up the Y membership. You can always join again when things calm down. I hope your daughter will reconsider the home workouts with you.

Tonight I did Cardio Party from LITE. This one is definitely one of Cathe's easier cardio workouts. I didn't have to modify at all and that almost NEVER happens. I like it because it's fun and easy. I really like it when Cathe does the "bom bom bom" to the music.

Little Finley is home and doing fine. He's a little sleepy and a little less gregarious than normal, but he's ok. Rudy, his older brother, hissed at him several times since he's been home but I know that will pass. They will be back to sleeping together soon.

I hope everyone has a great night.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:28 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi Friends!

So today I started LITE and did Metabolic Blast + Calorie Crush + abs 2 + extended stretch 2. I originally was going to do Fit Split metabolic conditioning (a premix that doubles the metabolic part) but then thought, why not do LITE Metabolic if I'm wanting to do a metabolic workout? So I did. And I'm glad! Calorie Crush was just enough, but not too much. Seems like there's alot of shoulder work in this. Or at least by the end of the workout my shoulders were cooked! But I used 8's instead of 5's so that made a difference I'm sure.

Kittybug TOTALLY agree with you about feeling stress in the body and the toll it takes. I also feel it and have really felt it the past couple of weeks since going back to work. Stress makes a HUGE difference. Ugh!! I agree that these LITE workouts are just right - or at least you can make them just right on any given day. Love the flexibility with different intensities with all the different premixes! And I'm glad you're getting a Cathe Live subscription! It's on my Black Friday sale wish list. Hopeful!

ChelePA hopefully you're daughter will come around and start doing home workouts with you. There's always hope! It's hard to lose that gym time with her - such a special time.

Kim thanks for the review on Double Down. I don't have that one, but like both Amy and Paul and have most of their workouts. It's weird how sometimes you can't put your finger on it, but there's just something lacking. Should be the perfect workout, right? Sometimes there's just something. Hope things go well with Finley! He gets extra love tomorrow.

Hugs and waves to all!
I also started Lite with the same premix that included everything. I agree this Metabolic Workout exhausts the shoulders. I lifted a little heavier than Cathe which also gives a nice cardio effect. As for the Calorie Crush, I was feeling it towards the end. That one legged burpee is a killer to finish it off. Really like the core workout too but those butterfly sit-ups are such a challenge for me. Lite has great flexibility like Ice. The only minor complaint would be that I wish the Calorie Crushes followed the same format as the main workout like they did for the Icy Blasts.

Fingers crossed. Today my daughter has her x-ray to see if she can resume activities.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:30 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Bee I'm so glad things are settling down for you. So, so scary.

Manley I am not familiar with all the Udaya instructors, but among Travis, Vytas and Rudy, Rudy is my least favorite. So no one is going to throw stones.

Kittybug Bodyweight and Bands is no joke. I find that one really tough. I also think Travel Fit is challenging. You think it's not going to be that bad because it's just bands, after all. Ha, we're forgetting it's Cathe!

ChelePA I'm sorry you had to give up the Y membership. You can always join again when things calm down. I hope your daughter will reconsider the home workouts with you.

Tonight I did Cardio Party from LITE. This one is definitely one of Cathe's easier cardio workouts. I didn't have to modify at all and that almost NEVER happens. I like it because it's fun and easy. I really like it when Cathe does the "bom bom bom" to the music.

Little Finley is home and doing fine. He's a little sleepy and a little less gregarious than normal, but he's ok. Rudy, his older brother, hissed at him several times since he's been home but I know that will pass. They will be back to sleeping together soon.

I hope everyone has a great night.

Kim
I love Cardio Party! Just fun stuff!!! Glad Finley is doing okay. My Y membership was mainly for cycling so we'll see. I do love the convenience of at home workouts. It's just hard to motivate my daughter. Hopefully, we can find something else she enjoys.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 05:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Today I did Kat's 80's Step Mix on YouTube, deciding maybe it would help my brain stress to concentrate on learning new moves while getting in a workout. If you haven't done this one yet, step aficionados, DO IT. Just such great music, so much awesome fun choreography that flows so well, and she's just a fantastic teacher! I hope she keeps putting out these amazing routines, I really do.

Kat, if you're listening, WE LOVE YOU.

Keeping this short and sweet....stay fierce, Watulans!!!
Old 08-26-20, 07:29 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Yesterday I did UDAYA Emily-Clare Hill Become More Chill and LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper and Lower Body. I hadn't planned on doing both Upper and Lower, but when I finished with Lower I wanted more weight training. So I did upper as well. I typically do the Upper Body premix with the Lower Body from Pyramid Pump, but hadn't done Stacked Lower Body in so long I wanted to do it. I liked the "pull up your pants" move in the upper body workout. Just glad Cathe didn't have "taking off your shirt" too. LOL!!!

Today I did Bodyweight & Bands + Calorie Crush then Kat Gates-buettner Basic Step Workout #2 which was awesome, as are all her workouts!
ChelePA I followed your advice and did the workout using a 6 inch step and did the power moves. DH was working in the other room and said the music was stressful. LOL! I told him it worked really well with the workout. And it did. I think it was the 2 songs playing at once that got him.

ChelePA any word on your daughter's finger? Hoping she gets the all clear. I know all of you are ready to be 100% healthy again.

Kittybug I have Travel Fit and from what I remember it has more of a cardio effect than LITE BW & Bands. I liked it. Not trying to enable or anything. There's a great band workout on Youtube - Paul Katami Band Camp. Love it! And didn't you LOVE Kat's 80's step! So much fun!!

I feel the same about bands that I do about barre. I really like it when they are part of a workout, but just don't do them often as stand-alone workouts. I really do like using bands, though. So effective!

Kim glad Rudy isn't one of your favs either. Now Vytas - I really like him! How's Finley today? Funny that brother hissed at him. Guess brother knew something wasn't quite right. Hope they're back on good terms again.

Waves to all! Miss hearing from everybody and hope you post soon!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 09:17 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Kittybug I have Travel Fit and from what I remember it has more of a cardio effect than LITE BW & Bands. I liked it. Not trying to enable or anything. There's a great band workout on Youtube - Paul Katami Band Camp. Love it! And didn't you LOVE Kat's 80's step! So much fun!!

I feel the same about bands that I do about barre. I really like it when they are part of a workout, but just don't do them often as stand-alone workouts. I really do like using bands, though. So effective!
Thanks for the Katami suggestion! And you had me at 'more of a cardio effect' sigh. I guess I have to put Travel Fit on my wish list!!
Old 08-27-20, 10:56 AM  
lavna

Hi everybody!

I haven't posted for a while but I wanted to pop in and say Hi! !
It's busy here these days! I'm having some renovations done in my home so I don't have much time to work out!

I did have the time to do the Live 209 Supersets on Tuesday.

bee: I'm so happy that things are better. I was thinking about you when I was seeing the news about the fires!

kim: I'm happy that little Finley is doing well

ChelePA: I hope everything is fine for your daughter.

Waves to all of you Watulans!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 11:11 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey!!! How can it be Thursday already!?

For those who are doing Fit Split - how do you rate these for intensity. Intermediate or Advanced workouts. Similar to 4 Day Split or other Cathe splits? Thanks in advance.

manleym and kittybug: no worries. I know that Rudy doesn't jive with everyone. His offline personality (FB) is one I don't always agree with, but I still love his Yoga. Don't give up on him..there are some goodies out there. But yes, he talks a lot.

Kim: Yay Finley is home. I LOVE the Double Down workout! Very intense and fun with Amy and Paul.

Waves and hugs to everyone. I hope you are all staying well! Safe. Strong!

Yesterday's workout was STS Meso 2 Disk 14 Legs. I also added on Chalene's Turbo Fire Abs 10 workout too since Legs was under an hour.
I am feeling my legs! Such good stuff. This time its all tri-sets. Three exercises that were done 3 times each (if I counted right). Loving going heavier.
Chalene's Ab 10 is wicked. Totally non stop core work. Tons of crunches, variations of crunches but working top to bottom. Ow.

I'll also start adding my Yoga practices too since I still practice almost every day. Wed I did Cathe's Total Body Stretching dvd - all 3 and that was nice. Not yoga but very nice stretches.

Today I stayed on the Chalene theme and did Turbo Kick Round 36. Fun stuff! All her backgrounders were guys and they were all having so much fun. These are really similar to Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire as far as format. Kind of right in between for intensity.

Not sure what I'll do for Yoga this afternoon. Maybe something from Udaya and Rudy? ;-) LOL

Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in