Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-20, 12:44 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, I wish I could go shopping with you, hah!! And yes, part of the reason I embarked on this chronological thing was exactly because of that, to discover new gems, revisit old favorites, and challenge myself with workouts I don't normally feel confident about! It's quite the adventure!

I'm also discovering what you mentioned, the first set of anything is the hardest because I'm not fully warm. I found that especially true in the Body Blast weight routines, that wow, I'd feel like quitting after the first set only to find the second set felt a lot easier! That has actually changed my perception of what my limits are and what I can do, and that's been super cool!

Laughing at your friend's feral cat story, ug! Yep, kittens are much easier to socialize than feral adults. Thankfully my husband didn't even try that one, but he did trap the mamma kitty who is now spayed and living in the shelter in a program to adopt her out as a barn cat, which she would thrive at, so she and her kids all got happy endings!

So I did High Step Challenge yesterday, and it was SO fun but friends, it felt like somebody had turned gravity WAY up! I think the week caught up with me yesterday or something! I got through it, but I'm really glad to be taking today off before starting over. I think I'm going to make a few changes in my routine this week due to scheduling issues and for variety. My tentative plan is:
Sun: GS Legs plus Imax 3 intervals 1-5
Mon: GS Chest and Triceps
Tues: Imax 3
Weds: GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps, plus some sort of abs
Thurs: Cardio Core Circuit (from Shock Cardio)
Fri: High Step Training

But of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time! Enjoy your weekends, all!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 12:45 PM  
Mickey12

You guys are so inspiring! I did Cardio Kicks last week and posted about it in The Vintage dust bunny checkin. I liked it, simple choreography but nothing to rave about. Last night I decided to do Kick Max after some of you posted about not liking it. I wanted to see if I felt the same way. I think it’s on par with Cardio Kicks although I liked having only Jai and Lorraine in it rather than the men. I did the timesaver premix which was a good length for me.

Today I did Kick Punch and Crunch since you guys posted about loving that one. Wow, I thought it was really hard, but really, really fun. It seemed to have a joyful vibe to it. The music was great also. I ran out of time so I skipped the ab work.

I have a wonky knee so I avoid a lot of leg work and step work which feels way too repetitive on my knee. I really love Cathe’s old step workouts though so I’m kind of sad I can’t do them too frequently.

I am having fun revisiting old workouts with you guys so I will probably join in with some more. I tend to like cardio more than weights so that’s likely what I will choose.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 12:55 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Manleym, I wish I could go shopping with you, hah!! And yes, part of the reason I embarked on this chronological thing was exactly because of that, to discover new gems, revisit old favorites, and challenge myself with workouts I don't normally feel confident about! It's quite the adventure!

I'm also discovering what you mentioned, the first set of anything is the hardest because I'm not fully warm. I found that especially true in the Body Blast weight routines, that wow, I'd feel like quitting after the first set only to find the second set felt a lot easier! That has actually changed my perception of what my limits are and what I can do, and that's been super cool!

Laughing at your friend's feral cat story, ug! Yep, kittens are much easier to socialize than feral adults. Thankfully my husband didn't even try that one, but he did trap the mamma kitty who is now spayed and living in the shelter in a program to adopt her out as a barn cat, which she would thrive at, so she and her kids all got happy endings!

So I did High Step Challenge yesterday, and it was SO fun but friends, it felt like somebody had turned gravity WAY up! I think the week caught up with me yesterday or something! I got through it, but I'm really glad to be taking today off before starting over. I think I'm going to make a few changes in my routine this week due to scheduling issues and for variety. My tentative plan is:

But of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time! Enjoy your weekends, all!!
Kitttybug, I remember when I first got high step challenge (and when I was in better shape) I couldn’t believe how hard it was. I don’t think I ever did it again. Too much dread but I still have it.

I really like the shock cardio series. They are easier than many of a Cathe’s other workouts IMO which is why I like them. I think I can join in with Imax 3 and cardio core circuit.

Also, can’t believe you did all those pushups! Makes me want to try to see how many I can do. For what ever reason sometimes I can crank out a decent amount on my toes and other times they feel so hard. Remembering to tighten my core seems to help.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 01:20 PM  
manleym

Quote:

Wouldn't going shopping together be a BLAST!! How much fun can couple of VFers have!!

I'm so glad all of the cats are doing well and happy. I don't think my friend will try that again. Ever. I hope the mama cat is adopted soon and can be a happy barn cat keeping the varmits away.

I did HSC Saturday and felt like the cardio was slower/kind of dragged. Not sure how to explain it, but the cardio sections felt "heavier" if that makes sense. Like you, Kittybug, maybe it was because I did it at the end of the week.

I am in AWE that you are doing to do Legs AND IMax 3 Intervals 1-5!!! I just finished Legs and Tracie's Core Movements Push Back and don't even want to think about IMax 3!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
You guys are so inspiring! I did Cardio Kicks last week and posted about it in The Vintage dust bunny checkin. I liked it, simple choreography but nothing to rave about. Last night I decided to do Kick Max after some of you posted about not liking it. I wanted to see if I felt the same way. I think it’s on par with Cardio Kicks although I liked having only Jai and Lorraine in it rather than the men. I did the timesaver premix which was a good length for me.

Today I did Kick Punch and Crunch since you guys posted about loving that one. Wow, I thought it was really hard, but really, really fun. It seemed to have a joyful vibe to it. The music was great also. I ran out of time so I skipped the ab work.

I have a wonky knee so I avoid a lot of leg work and step work which feels way too repetitive on my knee. I really love Cathe’s old step workouts though so I’m kind of sad I can’t do them too frequently.

I am having fun revisiting old workouts with you guys so I will probably join in with some more. I tend to like cardio more than weights so that’s likely what I will choose.

Kim
Hi Kim! So glad you are popping in! PLEASE join in some more!! The more the merrier!!

I recently bought Cardio Kicks but haven't done it yet. Glad to read your feedback. Isn't KPC just plain FUN?!? The music is great! It's one of those workouts that just works - everything comes together.

I'll probably do Chest & Triceps premix tomorrow with Low Max or some other 30 minute-ish cardio.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 07:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

Fierce friends I have been doing yoga and today just had to do a Tracie...Grand Total 2. It feels like a glute and core workout. It was calling me! Tomorrow will post what I decide on as far as Cathe.

Kittybug... I hope you can post again soon!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 01:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today I tried the Gym Styles ch/tri superset premix. I did a prewarmup by using Cathe Kick max w/up the first 4 min. It was great and had a minimum pushup sequence that I elected to do my modified pullups instead and of course subbed in the tricep pushups off the stability ball. Now it did get a little choppy so a couple of times I had to pause but for the most part it really only needed that extra warmup.

My verdict is that the timesaver and this superset premix are perfect for me.

I'm actually sore from the Tracie workout from yesterday so added Cathe's Total body stretch basic stretch segment today. It wasn't bad and fit the bill but the other two stretches on the ball on this DVD are much better to me.

It will be cardio and core tmrw so may actually do kick Max and a core max tmrw. Then pick back up on Gym Styles BSB later this week.

Fingers crossed you can post again here kittybug!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I've been trying to respond on this thread for days and getting an error message, so I'm hoping this goes through!

Oh my, Kim, I used to have Cardio Kicks years ago and seem to remember loving it...that and Circuit Max, right? Why don't I have those anymore? I remember they were tough but fun sweat fests!! So many old workout gems!

Manleym, yep, you described perfectly how I felt doing HCS....heavy! Like I had ankle weights on or something! I felt better by Sunday but man, GS legs just killed me again (WHY is it so hard?) and Imax 3 intervals 1-5 was ridiculously hard after that! I did that due to scheduling and because I used to do it with the Intensity series, Pyramid Lower plus Imax 2 intervals 1 through 5, but as I found out, that's NOTHING compared to this!

I don't understand why GS Legs feels so much harder than many of her other leg workouts I've done, even extreme premixes. It's like by the time the floor work is over, I'm just wiped out!

Yesterday was chest and triceps and it felt better than last week, plus I did the push-ups on my toes again! I realized...it's ~all~ about core for me. And I'd done a lot of core work leading up to starting this series, so I think it has everything to do with that.

That being said, the first two rounds are okay, then the rounds with 12 and 10 are quite a struggle, and then after that, it's really a mental thing, 'but there are only 8, there are only 6' etc., and that gets me through!

Cathe is a beast though. I match her weights on the first three sets of bench press but after that is when I start dropping because no way can I match her, sheesh!!

Today I might try Imax 3 with one set of risers. Maybe. We'll see!!

Fanofladyvols, I must try all those Tracie DVDs (Grand Totals and Metabolics) that are sitting on my shelf! I haven't done Tracie in quite some time!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:33 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Today I tried the Gym Styles ch/tri superset premix. I did a prewarmup by using Cathe Kick max w/up the first 4 min. It was great and had a minimum pushup sequence that I elected to do my modified pullups instead and of course subbed in the tricep pushups off the stability ball. Now it did get a little choppy so a couple of times I had to pause but for the most part it really only needed that extra warmup.

My verdict is that the timesaver and this superset premix are perfect for me.

I'm actually sore from the Tracie workout from yesterday so added Cathe's Total body stretch basic stretch segment today. It wasn't bad and fit the bill but the other two stretches on the ball on this DVD are much better to me.

It will be cardio and core tmrw so may actually do kick Max and a core max tmrw. Then pick back up on Gym Styles BSB later this week.

Fingers crossed you can post again here kittybug!
Thanks for the update, Fanofladyvols! Chest and triceps is in on my schedule today so I might try the supersets premix. I tried the Timesaver premix last week and liked it. I thought the Timesaver premix was just about right, but I don't like working triceps or biceps, so I tend to skimp on those exercises. And thanks for the info about the prewarmup using Kick Max. I never would have thought of that, but makes perfect sense and is a great idea.

Hope you're ok Kittybug!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 05:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
KATETT IS STRONGER THAN HER HUSBAND! KATETT IS STRONGER THAN HER HUSBAND! See, I'm telling everybody, hah hah hah!!! A bulldozer....now that's FIERCE!
You're so funny! Heehee...in his defense, he is nearly 70 and is very sedentary.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 05:58 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Look at all these super fun Cathe workouts! You guys are doing great!

Does anyone have an actual list of Cathe workouts in chronological order? I've just been jumping around.

kittybug: I love your rotation! You will surely be getting stronger! Gym Style Legs IS KILLER and you added on some step work too. Yowza!

Kim: Have you ever tried knee support sleeves? They really helped me with higher impact cardio workouts.

HI Manley, Hi Linda and everyone else! I am reading your posts but not always time to reply to all.

Yesterday I revisited Maximum Intensity Strength. Just a good, basic, straightforward heavy lifting workout. No fancy moves, just pushing those weights around. I liked it. Not my favorite Cathe strength, but I'm certainly feeling it today.

Today I jumped over to Michelle Dozois and Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn. FUN STUFF!!! I still have several of Michelle's workouts that I have not done yet so am having fun mixing her with Cathe the rest of this month.

Tomorrow I plan on Circuit Max. I already did Cardio Kicks a couple of weeks ago..hope CM is as fun. I previewed a little and it looks good. I'll be back to report!

Thanks for the invite! I'm having a blast trying all my Cathe workouts.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in